[3.6] [ELE] THE SPHERE OF SPEARS - Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear [1H] [Uber Atziri/Uber Elder down]

"
tufferugli wrote:
nice to hear dude! :D

the spiky thingy is Herald of Ice with the Gloom Herald mtx :)

Thank you so much for the answer! I had seen it in another build's video I'd eyed before this one so for some reason my mind didn't jump to MTX conclusions. I'll have to pick it up! Totally don't mind supporting this game. My only complaint about your build (which isn't a complaint against you or build-specific, but the ability design in general) is simply that, like BV (which I also tried tri herald bv ele), it requires a bit of constant upkeep every few seconds which can be a tad bothersome sometimes. But it's a powerhouse IMO. No problems with even syndicate so far. Everything melts. And I do love the aesthetic touch you added to the guide. :)
Last edited by chaotisphere on Jan 16, 2019, 9:36:33 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the build. I respected an elementalist on a wtf build that did not work and I am having a great deal of fun with this one !

Just a quick question.

What is the most up-to-date skill tree ? The PoB file under path of building or the poeurl under passive tree ?
They show difference.
Many thanks !
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Just curious why you dropped loreweave. I hadn't grabbed one yet, but just feel like it wasn't enough damage?

I didn't feel like putting it the guide, cause it looked like it was mandatory, but in the end I added it back now, becuase it's indeed strong defensivley.

"
chaotisphere wrote:
"
tufferugli wrote:
nice to hear dude! :D

the spiky thingy is Herald of Ice with the Gloom Herald mtx :)

Thank you so much for the answer! I had seen it in another build's video I'd eyed before this one so for some reason my mind didn't jump to MTX conclusions. I'll have to pick it up! Totally don't mind supporting this game. My only complaint about your build (which isn't a complaint against you or build-specific, but the ability design in general) is simply that, like BV (which I also tried tri herald bv ele), it requires a bit of constant upkeep every few seconds which can be a tad bothersome sometimes. But it's a powerhouse IMO. No problems with even syndicate so far. Everything melts. And I do love the aesthetic touch you added to the guide. :)

"
edessiex wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the build. I respected an elementalist on a wtf build that did not work and I am having a great deal of fun with this one !

Just a quick question.

What is the most up-to-date skill tree ? The PoB file under path of building or the poeurl under passive tree ?
They show difference.
Many thanks !

sorry for the confusion, the one under pob wasn't up to date.
now it's fixed.
Last edited by tufferugli on Jan 17, 2019, 7:00:56 PM

Love the Build so far! Right now im crafting a better Warlords on Hit Ring and make some Ex's to buy a good 6 link Loreweave.
I have a question:

How big is the diffrence between a 20/20 Ice Speer and a 21/20?
Same with Frost Orb.

Tree: https://bit.ly/2MhzUpX

What would a perfect watchers eye be for this build?

I need better Gloves/Boots with enchants and the Dying sun flask too.
Still not sure on the helm but it had the right enchant.

Need to divine my ring to try for 80% spell damage

It took me so long to understand why you went for all those minion damage nodes.

Last edited by lubuil on Jan 18, 2019, 5:30:56 PM
"
Savebreaker wrote:

Love the Build so far! Right now im crafting a better Warlords on Hit Ring and make some Ex's to buy a good 6 link Loreweave.
I have a question:

How big is the diffrence between a 20/20 Ice Speer and a 21/20?
Same with Frost Orb.

I'm glad that you are having fun with the build :)

With my setup, if I go from a 20 to a 21, pob indicates a 7.3% increase in dps.
For Winter Orb is pretty much the same (7.8%)

"
lubuil wrote:

Tree: https://bit.ly/2MhzUpX

What would a perfect watchers eye be for this build?

I need better Gloves/Boots with enchants and the Dying sun flask too.
Still not sure on the helm but it had the right enchant.

Need to divine my ring to try for 80% spell damage

It took me so long to understand why you went for all those minion damage nodes.

Funny how you mention Watcher's Eye, cause I bought a new one just some hours ago.
I totally missed the fact that you can gain freeze immunity with one of the Purity of Ice mod.
This is the new one I bought, and I think that this would be the best combo for the build.

your gloves seems fine to me honestly.

Rime Gaze isn't particulary good for the build.
I would prioritize this slot before every other one.
Try to get a good base (like Hubris Circlet) with the enchant and then delve craft with frigid fossils.
Should costs around 1.5ex in total.

Dying Sun should comes right after that.

I wouldn't bother with divining your ring for now.
That's like the icing on the cake, there's a lot more in which you can better spend your money on (helmet, dying sun, weapon, jewels, 21 gems, etc).
9% spell damage is nothing compared to that.

Thanks for bringing up the minion nodes thing.
I've now added the reason behind taking those nodes under the "Passive Tree" section :)
Last edited by tufferugli on Jan 18, 2019, 9:03:56 PM
Uber Elder down, finally. Got a crap Prismatic though. And yes i know the gloves is crap ;)

Just finished story and started mapping. This is by far the strongest build feeling that I have ever played with. I have only played a few leagues and haven't played since Bestiary but honestly after winter orb and ice spear plays together I felt unbeatable and historically strong bosses such as Yugul and act 10 Kitava didn't faze me.

I am trying to get/make Warlord's Mark ring. Is there a new way to craft rings? Are bestiary crafting still available? If not I will probably try my hand on alt spam and then try to craft spider there.
Really love your build so far. Any suggestion on 1 red gem I should put on my Loreweave ( 3w-1r-1b-1g )? thank you
[dbLinkedItem id="12731141443"]
Hi there,
I was extremely lucky and managed to sold for 3 exa worth of goods in the past half hour.
Which means that now I can afford a Loreweave or a Pandemonius (I already have the ice spear enchant starkonja and the Dying sun).

What do you think I should get first ?

Thanks again for the build, I am having a blast !

https://pastebin.com/yYCkY6Zv

CHeers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info