[3.6] [ELE] THE SPHERE OF SPEARS - Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear [1H] [Uber Atziri/Uber Elder down]

Has anyone tried the eb/mom build? Same gear?
Last edited by Memitim on Apr 1, 2019, 2:25:52 AM
I read the part about Occultist in the guide but im wondering why on poe.ninja very few people go for ci or energy shield as elememtalist in general, it should be easier to reach higher es totals than life builds.

Tested it in PoB with my current Vortex Occ and it still only loses 1800 ES from switching Occ to Elementalist, down to 10,2k from 12k, which is still a lot more than life based builds even with Kaoms.

Any ideas?
Thanks for creating this guide this is my first time playing PoE and it's helped a lot. Couple questions though.

I can't have Herald of Ice, Purity of Ice, and Arctic Armor active at the same time due to the mana reservation being too high (over 100%). Do I need a specific item or how does this work? If I level the gems does it reduce the mana reserve required? With two of them active right now I have a bit of trouble with running out of mana, is it expected to use mana pots often?

Also, what gems do I need to keep at a certain level and why? I notice that it says CwDT (1) and Immortal Call (3) - do I need to buy new ones to use since I've levelled them higher than that?

Thanks for any advice. I'm on PS4 if that matters. Level 60, Act 7/8.
"
Cyco1 wrote:
Thanks for creating this guide this is my first time playing PoE and it's helped a lot. Couple questions though.

I can't have Herald of Ice, Purity of Ice, and Arctic Armor active at the same time due to the mana reservation being too high (over 100%). Do I need a specific item or how does this work? If I level the gems does it reduce the mana reserve required? With two of them active right now I have a bit of trouble with running out of mana, is it expected to use mana pots often?

Also, what gems do I need to keep at a certain level and why? I notice that it says CwDT (1) and Immortal Call (3) - do I need to buy new ones to use since I've levelled them higher than that?

Thanks for any advice. I'm on PS4 if that matters. Level 60, Act 7/8.

Enlighten is a gem that will help with mana reservation if linked to the herald and auras, if you can, buy it at level 2 or level 3 as at level 1 it does nothing at all, but at level 2 it reduces mana reservation slightly and level 3 slightly more (level 3 is the max level of the gem) it is a drop only gem so you will need to buy it from a player.

You can buy it at level 1 as well, but it will take a very long time to level up.

Cwdt functions in such a way that it only supports gems of it's own level requirement.

In the case of immortal call and cwdt cast when damage take requires level 38 at level 1, so it will support any other spell that requires level 38 or below.

As cwdt levels up, it will support higher level spells, the downside is that it will require more damage to trigger. up to something like 3600 damage at level 20.

Immortal call we want to trigger as often as possible, so keeping it and cwdt low level is beneficial.

If you have leveled them above that, you can either keep going and level them up to 20, then trade them to a vendor with a gemcutter's prism, or trade them as is with a orb of regret each to reset them to level 1 (quite expensive option) or purchase a new pair of gems.
I'll try to look for that one, just haven't figured out the trading on PS4 yet. But I don't see Enlighten used in the build, which is why I was wondering what I'm missing on how to manage the mana reservation. Right now I just swap out Herald of Ice for Arctic Armor during boss fights when I need more defense.

So I keep CwDT at level 1 and Immortal Call at level 3? I'll just buy new gems, that seems the easiest. Are there any other gems in this build guide I need to worry about or can I level the rest to 20? And thanks for the explanation on that, I get it now.

Is the 3.6 update tree link working for anyone else? I just get a blank tree when I open it, and the tree in the guide is out of date and I can't find some of the options such as Nullification.

Thanks for the help!
"
Cyco1 wrote:
I'll try to look for that one, just haven't figured out the trading on PS4 yet. But I don't see Enlighten used in the build, which is why I was wondering what I'm missing on how to manage the mana reservation. Right now I just swap out Herald of Ice for Arctic Armor during boss fights when I need more defense.

So I keep CwDT at level 1 and Immortal Call at level 3? I'll just buy new gems, that seems the easiest. Are there any other gems in this build guide I need to worry about or can I level the rest to 20? And thanks for the explanation on that, I get it now.

Is the 3.6 update tree link working for anyone else? I just get a blank tree when I open it, and the tree in the guide is out of date and I can't find some of the options such as Nullification.

Thanks for the help!

I'm not sure how the OP managed all the auras without enlighten, but that is the only gem you can link to reduce mana reservations, the other way is passives in the tree or certain items.

Yes, CwDT at level and Immortal Call at level 3. You can level them higher if you wish for a very slight increase in duration on immortal call (talking 0.0X seconds)
But keep in mind if will trigger less and less often the higher level it is.

All other gems are 20/20 (that is level 20, at 20 Quality) If you find the cash, 21/20.

Do not spam Gemcutters prism's on your gems, Level them to 20, then sell them to a vendor along with a single gemcutter prism to get back a level 1 gem with 20Q. then just level it again.

If you dont have any gemcutters, you can keep an eye out for skill gems that drop that have quality then sell a couple (40% or more combined quality) to get a gemcutter's prism back.

The skill tree isn't working for me either, the Path of building link does though. and I used that then tweaked it.
I have a bit less damage, but I am more tanky.
Hi tufferugli. I've been enjoying your build, and done quite part of the content, except for Uber Elder. They are though, drop them to 50% on both tries but that's it (1st time doing it also).

The standard build its quite nice for clearing almost all without problem. I'm now trying out the mom eb version with minor tweaks and it's also a blast (haven't tried Uber Elder yet).

This is my current gear. I think i could improve the gloves, elder ring, weapon.
Spoiler

Thank you again for the guide.
"
Cyco1 wrote:

mmm the tree works fine on my end :/

"
Unancha wrote:
Hi tufferugli. I've been enjoying your build, and done quite part of the content, except for Uber Elder. They are though, drop them to 50% on both tries but that's it (1st time doing it also).

The standard build its quite nice for clearing almost all without problem. I'm now trying out the mom eb version with minor tweaks and it's also a blast (haven't tried Uber Elder yet).

This is my current gear. I think i could improve the gloves, elder ring, weapon.
Spoiler

Thank you again for the guide.

nice to hear!
i'm planning to do the eb/mom variant too, but with trickster this time around.
i haven't played synthesis at all and i'm curious to see why everyone was playing that ascendancy :D
I'm thinking of playing this in the Flashback event - are all the parts up to date for 3.6?

Seems like some of the skill tree / PoB links are out of date, so I'm just wondering if the same could be true for some items or gem links for example. I can see that the skill tree in the "3.6 Update" spoiler at the top is, well, version 3.6 though.
the build is pretty much the same.
there are a couple of new skill/items which can be implemented, but that’s it.

i completely skipped synthesis tho, so i can’t be 100% sure about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info