The Fairgraves Mystery Box

Sure wish GGG would address duplicates (yes, I heard Chris discuss this in an interview the other day). I don't have a ton of money, and prefer to save my points from supporter packs for the utility of tabs and such. Yet today I decided to buy two of the latest mystery boxes because of the awesome variety.

Pool of Water.....in both boxes. Out of 38 items, the same lame decoration...twice? I get it, it's RNG and a gamble, and the pool is a common item in the set. But really? A 2% chance, weighted of course, but twice? Apologies for expressing frustration, but I will never, ever waste my points or money on another mystery box. Ever. The last one I paid for gave me a pile of dead bodies as a "decoration".

**Edit - a very simple "fix" for this, without removing the "necessity" of duplicates (as Chris described them in his interview), would be to add a rule that prevents the same reward from being granted within a small set number of gambles. So if this was set to two, items couldn't be "rewarded" back-to-back, or if it was set to three then the duplicate would only be possible on/after the fourth gamble, etc. This incentivizes people who can only purchase a few boxes, and doesn't impact larger purchases hardly at all. I watched someone open about 50 boxes yesterday and they got maybe 5 duplicates. A 10% duplicate return is much easier to swallow than a 100% duplicate return...
Last edited by touchnova on Dec 9, 2018, 2:15:56 PM
Amazing artwork. Will be overpriced in the store, as usual. Gamble boxes are cancer.

That is all.

"
touchnova wrote:
Spoiler
Sure wish GGG would address duplicates (yes, I heard Chris discuss this in an interview the other day). I don't have a ton of money, and prefer to save my points from supporter packs for the utility of tabs and such. Yet today I decided to buy two of the latest mystery boxes because of the awesome variety.

Pool of Water.....in both boxes. Out of 38 items, the same lame decoration...twice? I get it, it's RNG and a gamble, and the pool is a common item in the set. But really? A 2% chance, weighted of course, but twice? Apologies for expressing frustration, but I will never, ever waste my points or money on another mystery box. Ever. The last one I paid for gave me a pile of dead bodies as a "decoration".

This is just... heartbreaking.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
Sweet stuff! Love it!
GamingNorth on Youtube!
Headhunter drop during Legion! After 4711 hours!
"
Makillda wrote:
"
Fuck loot boxes and fuck any system that supports them.

Agreed.

"
Bex wrote:
Many thanks to everyone who has purchased a Mystery Box at any point in time. They've become a huge driving force in our ability to continue to create frequent updates like Path of Exile: Betrayal!

Enjoy it while it's still legal. RNG gambling crates are one of the only things I sincerely hope the government regulates out of existence. Now that the FTC is involved, its only a matter of time.

LOL @ the kneejerk rage towards the thing that is currently trendy to hate on. Its only now years after lootboxes have been in game and not even the kind the rest of industry uses do all these sheep come out to graze. Would you like some more grass with that ignorance?
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Say goodbye to wallet XD
"
Akymo86 wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
It's also worth mentioning that any pure points purchases you make after Betrayal launched can be contributed to an upgrade for one of the new upcoming supporter packs.

New again? But you just released the Betrayal supporter packs. Why will you add new supporter packs already? They were just released before Delve ended.

Perhaps they are the long-awaited replacements for War for the Atlas packs.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
ovshanevo wrote:
Nice MTX, but too bad they are locked behind loot boxes. Looks like the Tencent buy out is coming full circle. Next we will see exp boosters and auto-pathing in the game.

Fuck loot boxes. God damn ban of the gaming industry, and and anyone support them is just adding fuel to the fire of what is destroying the gaming industry.

You and anyone else complaining about loot boxes are some of the most stupid people I've seen.

The items gives you ZERO advantage in game, ALL ITEMS will come to the shop after Betrayal league ends.

You don't HAVE to buy them. Simple as that. If you can't wait with buying some skins, it's you who has a problem and not loot box systems themselves.
Armour mtx looks like be belongs in Lego pirates. Herald is going to be sick though
Meta = cattle

-ty men
"
Fuck loot boxes and fuck any system that supports them.

Says the guy with toons of support titles.... hipocrite
Last edited by Doido on Dec 9, 2018, 8:58:30 AM
What ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info