[3.6] Updated / Ice Nova CoC & Cospri ! / 2 - 3M SHAPER DPS /Clear Speed / Multiple Versions

I am struggling with surviving, I get one shot easily and have no idea what causes this.Tho I have high life on gear and decent life perks claimed I still have no idea. here is my build https://pastebin.com/wgYXYqqT. Die mostly on Bosses although syndicate is easiest of them
Last edited by Redavish on Jan 23, 2019, 3:20:43 PM
"
Redavish wrote:
I am struggling with surviving, I get one shot easily and have no idea what causes this.Tho I have high life on gear and decent life perks claimed I still have no idea. here is my build https://pastebin.com/wgYXYqqT. Die mostly on Bosses although syndicate is easiest of them

You have life on gear but you're lacking a lot of life on passives. PoB is showing total increased life of 125% which is including jewels. That's low.
Kind of player dependant on how much life you want to have but even on softcore I usually aim for a minimum of 200% increased life from passives+jewels and the more the better.
If you want to avoid dying, priotize life over damage.

For comparison here's my PoB which Im currently using pushing for lvl100 in T16's: https://pastebin.com/ieGTrdkk
It's the tankier ass-slayer leech version and my gear is about as min-maxed right now as it's going to get for me, but I wouldn't want to lose any defences from it.
At the end of the day we're melee and evasion based so when something physical or chaos hits us, it's going to hurt :). For the most part I dont have worries diving into mobs but I get surprised every now and then when dodge fails me.

DPS shouldnt really be an issue for this build even when going for more life. Also one of the biggest quality of life things is having as much crit for cyclone as possible. Increased crit chance doesnt give the best dps on paper but nothing quite sucks as much as cycloning into a pack and not critting.
Just wanted to say a big Thank you for the build. Been playing it for a few weeks now and have enjoyed mapping with it immensely. Am sticking with it until I finish the league here in the next couple of weeks.

I went with the more defensive life based option with Acuity's and Phase Acro. Hoping to try MOM version in a future league.

Thanks again.

guys which helmet is cooler?

what is better for dps:

10% attack speed + 25% crit chance on Starkonja
-9% cold resist of nearby enemies on mask

?

I cant use mask right now, need to buy pandemonius first with dexterity, but interersting what will be better afterwards
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Jan 27, 2019, 2:25:32 PM
Also would vbe nice to hear your opinions about

pob shows that talisman is better in dps, but i supppose that it doesnt count 20% cold penetration against chilled enemies
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
God this build is so fun. I had a mirror drop and wanted to go ham on a build, always wanted to try CoC but was afraid due to them typically being complete farming glass cannons. That's what I play the first 3 weeks of league to get currency, didn't want another.

Then I saw your version. My previous build aleady had the unnatural meek jewel combo for scion. I saw your defensive setup using pandemonius (brilliant, people see the dps only or that it has no survival on it but the blind is priceless for survival). You weave in so many layers of leech with slayer, blind, 80% all res with lore and no downside vaal pact with acuity.

I haven't died once on the build so far. My extra layer of defense I've personally thrown in is a double vitality watchers eye. LGOH with Life Reg coupled with acuity, slayer and the life flask minor god is just huge. We have enough life and defense to survival all but the most brutal one shots, then with what I listed we get back up there right away. Best part is these watcher's aren't super expensive either. Not like the 30+ex double disc/clarity versions occultist versions run.

I still have to work on my rings as they are just the basic's of what I needed to get rolling and get a CDR boot pair but so far this build is in my top 3 funnest. Great job!
"
BlackCorsair wrote:
Also would vbe nice to hear your opinions about

pob shows that talisman is better in dps, but i supppose that it doesnt count 20% cold penetration against chilled enemies

it does count the cold pen IF you actually set the configuration to enemy is chilled and in that case the talisman is a heavy dps loss in comparison

even without the chill, it does give you more damage provided flasks and power charges are up.
Last edited by Cash4Cookies on Jan 30, 2019, 4:42:25 AM
Why is Scorching Ray an active skill within the PoB link? You are not using Scorching Ray on any of this gear, and it's adding DPS to the Ice Nova.
OK, i ended up sticking with this build for most of the league and tried to min/max as much as I could. I think i could say i'm pretty happy with my gear atm and don't think i'll be upgrading much if anything at this point.

This is the most fun build I've played so far. I'll be pushing level 100 from now on i think.

I ended up changing some points in tree since according to POB they were better than where I had them, last thing i did was get a double Hatred Watchers eye with increased cold % and added flat cold.

I also dropped the Warlord's ring for an elder Opal which i'm wearing atm. I'm thinking about rerolling the crafted affixes on my second ring and using aspect of spider instead of herald of ice. Not sure yet if i'll do it.

PoB in case anyone wants to look it up https://pastebin.com/CYqFi53U
I don't know how to link gems from tree but you can look them up in PoB

Thanks for the build. Managed to kill Uber Elder twice. It takes a while for the build to come together and felt kinda weak before level 85+ for me when I finally bought 2x Might of the Meek and Pandemonius. After that, it's the most fun build I played in a while. Survivability is still not great for Uber Elder, but I blame my life pool/sub-optimal version of this build. I also have a few obvious relatively cheap upgrade left (mostly my jewels and divine my cospri for better attack speed).

I did it with a cheaper version of the Ass/Slayer variant without Atziri's Acuity and Unnatural Instinct. This is based on someone else's post earlier in this thread, but I can't find it anymore. Bubonic Trail dropped for me, they really don't do anything a pair of rare boots wouldn't, but I managed to even out my resistances with them and the move speed/extra sockets are nice for mapping compared to Koam's Root.

POB: https://pastebin.com/YJ9gau03

For Uber elder, I change the boots for Koam's Root, use Blade Flurry instead of Cyclone and replace Vaal RF for Frost Bomb. I also lose HoI and Blood Rage since I don't have the sockets. And I replace the life and quicksilver flask for 2x Blood of the Karui.
Last edited by DeMachina on Feb 5, 2019, 8:59:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info