[3.6] Updated / Ice Nova CoC & Cospri ! / 2 - 3M SHAPER DPS /Clear Speed / Multiple Versions

"
PetuSchokk wrote:
What is better Frost Bolt - GMP - Ice Nova or Just use 2x Frozen Trail?

I suppose while you don't have GG jewels the 2x Frozen Trail should be better?

The portion of your cospri's damage is quite low compared with your 6link skills.

Cospri's skills are more like a damage buffer to your 6link Ice Nova (and also some buff for the Ice Nova in the Cospri.
And thing is, Frozen Trail basically has no other effect than making more Frostbolts.
So I'd say, just use GMP and get a decent rare jewels with life and some crit multiplier, you don't really need GG jewels xD
"
frost21 wrote:
Alright, so I'm planning on going Assassin/Slayer for the build and was wondering on a few things.

I just got my loreweave (bad rolls besides 80% resist so will prob need to work on divining it later again).

I plan to get Cospri's/Lyco and Pandemonius next and that'll be most of my currency spent. What would you suggest working towards after that then?

Upgrade your gems and rare items, prepare for Acuity.
"

Also is slayer a good choice if I won't be able to afford atziri's acuity gloves for quite a while... Since 7+ ex and currently will have none left.

It is still not bad, you can give it a try. I'd say you can go for Acuity after you get a decent life pool.
"

I plan to level to 38 using the frost blades set up then switching over, any other tips early on.

FB is a great starter skll. And you can also try the Brands, they're fun and strong.

"

Also how important is having quality gems at the start?

Gem's "quality" is less important than its level. Or if you're talking about the general meaning of quality, Ice Nova's gem level matters the most.

"
frost21 wrote:
"
diabloyd wrote:
"
frost21 wrote:
Haven't been able to try out the build when I planend to due to being sick.

I'm looking for most of the gear pieces today, any suggestions in importance of what to get first and such? (Have about 8ex to start off with).

Also is the general consensus that Assassin+Slayer with no MoM and using Vaal pact feels generally the best?

Only when you're at a high level and have a large HP pool, otherwise you could get one shot oftenly.

So which ascendencies do you suggest I go if I'll only be able to afford the big ticket items initially (Cospri's/Lyco/Pandemonius/Loreweaves..not 6linked yet tho).

Is Assassin and Slayer still a good combination for the leech? Or is Sin+Champion or Juggernaut better?

I want to be able to do red maps easily and effectively primarily and possibly guardians. Not worried about goin for Uber Elder or anything with this build (unless I got a ton of currency to sink into it suddenly).

Early on, you should focus more on not getting one shot. So I'd say:

Assassin/Champion if you're using Cyclone.
Assassin/Inquisitor or Assassin/Juggernaut if you're using BF.
i did a bunch of searching and i was not sure about the answer, i just finally got a cospri to add to my setup (horray!) but now i am wondering if i should change my 5 link carcass jack setup in any way, i see a lot of people using blade vortex....but i was also wondering if i should take off frostbolt and put on increased critical strike chance instead? a lot of options and im not fully understanding of the interactions im looking for. at the moment i only have according to POB an effective crit chance of 47% and im wondering if i should increase that with the gem or not
Last edited by adddemon on Dec 17, 2018, 9:36:40 PM
so should i switch to non mom version as assa/slayer or is 4728hp and 2142 mana enough ?
red elder was easy , didnt try guardians and shaper atm

thats my pob http://poeurl.com/ccMQ
Last edited by xaiyx on Dec 17, 2018, 9:57:44 PM
Thanks for the guide! I am currently at lv78 and having crit chance around 36% at hideout, which is pretty low... May I ask what the optimal crit chance would be and how I can improve?
Thanks~~~

edits: gems are lv18 - 19
Last edited by puregeneex on Dec 17, 2018, 11:04:16 PM
"
diabloyd wrote:
"
Isaac1337 wrote:
Hello everyone,

so I decided to give this build a try since my starter cleared pretty much everything in the game and I had like 30ex+.

So far this build is really fun to play and I can recommend everyone with some currency (or the dedication to farm some) to try out this build.

I have to say it can feel a bit rippy if you start out with lvl 65-70 in maps.
Just level up, improve your gear and level your gems.
Once you hit a higher level it will feel much better in terms of survivability.
Also take inc crit strikes dmg (crit multi) to improve your damage early on and take more life nodes on the tree till later levels.

I went with Assa/Inquisitor and made some changes to the Skilltree.
I did not take the Cold Damage Cluster (Breath of Rime). I focussed more on life and attack speed since I don't like the degen from Blood Rage and in fights like Uber Elder or general mapping you won't always have a totem in range. I plan to pick up Berserking.

For mapping I go with Cyclone. It just feels a bit better then BF.
But I would recommend BF if you go for Uber Elder, cause it is much easier to controll and dodge with BF.

So far i killed a pretty nasty Phoenix and died once to his explosion.(could have dodged it, but seen it to late)
And i killed red Elder and his Guardians t11-15. Elder was t12.
I did those without conc effect and went with inc AoE.(damage is enough and Elder Portals with smoother with inc AoE, deathless Elder).

Here is my gear and my PoB. I'm triple balanced and would switch Atziri's Step for Kaoms Roots at Uber Elder. Also I'm planning to grab the Alchemist Node.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/C1Ggz4PQ

Thank you for your feedback!

I've looked at your PoB and found 2 very small problems:
1. you can drop the 30 dex node "Alacrity" since you have more than enough dexteiry.
2. Atziri's step is really not that necessary, the evasion rate it provides has very limited effect since you already have perma blind on the enemy (which means 50% chance to evade already). I recommend you get a better rare one instead.

Yep, I have dropped the dex node.
I just used Atziri because of the life and movement speed since I'm triple balanced.
"
Isaac1337 wrote:
"
diabloyd wrote:
"
Isaac1337 wrote:
Hello everyone,

so I decided to give this build a try since my starter cleared pretty much everything in the game and I had like 30ex+.

So far this build is really fun to play and I can recommend everyone with some currency (or the dedication to farm some) to try out this build.

I have to say it can feel a bit rippy if you start out with lvl 65-70 in maps.
Just level up, improve your gear and level your gems.
Once you hit a higher level it will feel much better in terms of survivability.
Also take inc crit strikes dmg (crit multi) to improve your damage early on and take more life nodes on the tree till later levels.

I went with Assa/Inquisitor and made some changes to the Skilltree.
I did not take the Cold Damage Cluster (Breath of Rime). I focussed more on life and attack speed since I don't like the degen from Blood Rage and in fights like Uber Elder or general mapping you won't always have a totem in range. I plan to pick up Berserking.

For mapping I go with Cyclone. It just feels a bit better then BF.
But I would recommend BF if you go for Uber Elder, cause it is much easier to controll and dodge with BF.

So far i killed a pretty nasty Phoenix and died once to his explosion.(could have dodged it, but seen it to late)
And i killed red Elder and his Guardians t11-15. Elder was t12.
I did those without conc effect and went with inc AoE.(damage is enough and Elder Portals with smoother with inc AoE, deathless Elder).

Here is my gear and my PoB. I'm triple balanced and would switch Atziri's Step for Kaoms Roots at Uber Elder. Also I'm planning to grab the Alchemist Node.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/C1Ggz4PQ

Thank you for your feedback!

I've looked at your PoB and found 2 very small problems:
1. you can drop the 30 dex node "Alacrity" since you have more than enough dexteiry.
2. Atziri's step is really not that necessary, the evasion rate it provides has very limited effect since you already have perma blind on the enemy (which means 50% chance to evade already). I recommend you get a better rare one instead.

Yep, I have dropped the dex node.
I just used Atziri because of the life and movement speed since I'm triple balanced.

You think Assassin+Inq is better than going Assassin+Champ if I'm goin to be using Cyclone? I might switch to Slayer later once I have more monies sink into the build with the acuity gloves and other stuff.

Trying to figure out which ascendancies I should be getting if I'm not too worried about doing Uber Elder.
"
adddemon wrote:
i did a bunch of searching and i was not sure about the answer, i just finally got a cospri to add to my setup (horray!) but now i am wondering if i should change my 5 link carcass jack setup in any way, i see a lot of people using blade vortex....but i was also wondering if i should take off frostbolt and put on increased critical strike chance instead? a lot of options and im not fully understanding of the interactions im looking for. at the moment i only have according to POB an effective crit chance of 47% and im wondering if i should increase that with the gem or not

if you got Cospri, you should remove the Frostbolt from your 5/6link setup, because now Cospri is the one that fires frostbolt to enhance your 5/6 link Ice Nova.

Yeah you should put critical strike chance support.
"
xaiyx wrote:
so should i switch to non mom version as assa/slayer or is 4728hp and 2142 mana enough ?
red elder was easy , didnt try guardians and shaper atm

thats my pob http://poeurl.com/ccMQ

I think you've got your PoB link wrong, that's just a passive tree.

Yeah, you can definitely run MoM without problem as long as you have a reliable life/mana leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info