[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

"
Chrupcior wrote:
Hello! Im new player (I played only Dualist before) and need information about skill tree. Which path's should I take at first and which one later? Thanks a lot for answer!

There is a detailed leveling guide in the 2nd post from the top.
Can you add gem links? I'm not new but I'm still trying to learn
"
HHLupus wrote:
While it is very expensive to get a good one, what about elder rings with warlord's mark on hit?
It will trigger, right? Of course the price will be obscene for a good ring with additional int and res.

It would open another slot on the staff. One would need to go malediction route of course to avoid curse immunities. Another plus are endurance charges.

Those elder rings with WM on hit are expensive. And I would definitely want a corrupted one with %Int. I don't think that's going to happen!

I didn't go for 2nd curse in the first draft of the build because it will be a craftable mod, but we don't know how to unlock it yet. I plan to add WM later though.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 7, 2018, 1:45:13 PM
Hello Kelwynn,
Thanx for the guide. I think I'll make my 3th WI character.

Could someone explain me how we deal with the degen from blood rage with Vaal Pact and ES?

Thx in advance.
You probably won't notice the degen 95% of the time. Vile Bastion's regen will vastly outpace it when mapping, and you'll overleech it when bossing. It's only a bit annoying when standing still after a fight.
"
goatcheese61 wrote:
Thanks Kelvynn you rock!

Is there a POB thing I'm missing here, or non added yet?

cant wait, looks so fun, 7506 people in queue ahead of me but I'm coming for them. Haven't played WI in almost a year so Im pumped to do it as cold, and the new defenses of Occultist sounds amazing.

Thanks again for stringing this together so damned quickly. you rule Kelvynn!

PoB still doesn't have Winter Orb, Storm Brand, new Malachai's Artifice and probably a lot of other 3.5 stuff. I'll post one later when it gets updated.
"
Breken wrote:
I was actually thinking about linking bonechill with Arctic Armor. On one hand the extra reservation would be kind of annoying, on the other hand anyone who hits you gets a massive 30% chill and giant debuff. Should also work with the ground ice.

With our tree anything that hits you should be 30% chilled for .75 seconds, and take 30% more damage. Anything in our Arctic armor ground ice takes 16% more damage. Could be worth the reservation, I'll have to play with it.

That's an interesting idea! It it works, it may be worth taking an extra mana reservation node, or using Enlighten, or going for reduced mana reservation helm enchantment (for AA or Discipline).
"
DamagePlanX wrote:
Can you add gem links? I'm not new but I'm still trying to learn

See the 'Sockets' section.
"
sikat wrote:
Hello Kelwynn,
Thanx for the guide. I think I'll make my 3th WI character.

Could someone explain me how we deal with the degen from blood rage with Vaal Pact and ES?

Thx in advance.

It's a small degen. If you manage to proc CWDT - Blood Rage right when you kill the boss, it will eat about 40% of your ES before stopping. Most of the time it stops faster. And if there is anything else to hit - you can easily repair it. Basalt flask works as well.

When I find how to craft +1 curse and add WM, we'll have endurance charges and IC will be much longer and it will block Blood Rage degen for half of its duration. ES recharge will start during this long IC, and then Wicked Ward will take care of it.

So far I found only 1 way to die from it: map with Vulnerability. But I'm going to make a Chemist Basalt Flask of Warding.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 7, 2018, 1:53:12 PM
I'm not sure i feel safe about putting bloodrage on myself with ES build. Cant potion use between packs to not get a wierd acidental death to being stupid >.<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info