[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Thanks for the guide! I've played for a few seasons, stopped after Fall, now I'm back. I've never hit content above low maps though, so I have questions about how this build works in the long haul.

First, a tangent. I get how LL, VP and Ghost Reaver work together, but I've seen so many other CI builds use Zealot's. How? Where does the regen come from? Stone golem or something?

Anyway, about this build: Why use Ball Lightning to proc Enfeeble? Why not use something faster like Freezing Pulse, which is what I'm leveling with anyway?

Is the survivability of Enfeeble worth losing DPS from another curse like Frostbite?

Vigilant Strike to get Fortify, but why support with Ancestral Call over Multistrike? Never used AC before so not clear on the difference.

With CwDT maxed, Blood Rage should only proc on the biggest hits, right? My understanding is that BR starts a phys DOT, IC stops it, and this procs Arachnoxia ES regen, is that correct?

Would this build work as Elementalist, or do you lose too much tankiness from not having Wicked Ward etc?

I'm in A3 leveling with Freezing Pulse LMP for now, so I'm still far from worrying about the finer details of the end build :)
"
Jester72MI wrote:
Thanks for the guide! I've played for a few seasons, stopped after Fall, now I'm back. I've never hit content above low maps though, so I have questions about how this build works in the long haul.

First, a tangent. I get how LL, VP and Ghost Reaver work together, but I've seen so many other CI builds use Zealot's. How? Where does the regen come from? Stone golem or something?

Anyway, about this build: Why use Ball Lightning to proc Enfeeble? Why not use something faster like Freezing Pulse, which is what I'm leveling with anyway?

Is the survivability of Enfeeble worth losing DPS from another curse like Frostbite?

Vigilant Strike to get Fortify, but why support with Ancestral Call over Multistrike? Never used AC before so not clear on the difference.

With CwDT maxed, Blood Rage should only proc on the biggest hits, right? My understanding is that BR starts a phys DOT, IC stops it, and this procs Arachnoxia ES regen, is that correct?

Would this build work as Elementalist, or do you lose too much tankiness from not having Wicked Ward etc?

I'm in A3 leveling with Freezing Pulse LMP for now, so I'm still far from worrying about the finer details of the end build :)

ES Regeneration come from Occultist Ascendancy node Vile Bastion. Zealoth Oath doesn't work with Vaal Pact

Frostbite i would recommend only when you have decent gear to survive a lot of dmg and only for trashes, it may be useful in the incursion to get even more clear speed; for high dmg bosses Enfeeble is way better

Ball Lightning is best skill to proc Curse on Hit it was used from first iteration of this build

Ancestral call is used when more than 1 mob is around , you can proc Fortify Easier.

Elementalist is less tankyer than Occultist and have less Damage than Ascendant so it's a third choice for this build

Regarding Blood Rage question you are right , is very useful against big hits Bosses to enhance the leech
Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 12, 2018, 3:18:06 PM
Wonder if good to be converted to 2 or even 3 curses build ?
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Having so much fun with this build! Thanks for putting everything together Kelvynn. Hoping the damage scales as I'm just starting to hit red maps hard, but you can't beat the tankiness.

Rocking 1737 Int currently...

In other news, anyone have a limit break for my ES?

Last edited by Breken on Dec 12, 2018, 5:33:52 PM
What about aspect of spider, fenumus body and fossilized helmet with -9 cold resist? Current league gives great opportunity to create fun mix of these stuff.
"
mqecco wrote:
What about aspect of spider, fenumus body and fossilized helmet with -9 cold resist? Current league gives great opportunity to create fun mix of these stuff.

That was a viable setup in Bestiary League. Aspect of the Spider replaces Arctic Armour.

Also, FYI:

"You will now receive the recipes to craft two or three sockets on items by interacting with the plinth in the first Delve encounter. For players that have already interacted with this plinth, simply return to the first Delve encounter and you should be able to interact with the plinth once again to receive these crafting recipes. In a future patch, we will retroactively grant these recipes to all players that have interacted with the plinth prior to this change."
Another hot tip: Get your WI staff up to 28% Quality before trying to 6S it. Got mine in 47 jewellers :) I'm actually having a harder time getting the right colors!

To do this, you need Hillock at rank 3 in Transportation.
Last edited by Bananaderson on Dec 12, 2018, 10:58:33 PM
"
Bananaderson wrote:
Another hot tip: Get your WI staff up to 28% Quality before trying to 6S it. Got mine in 47 jewellers :) I'm actually having a harder time getting the right colors!

To do this, you need Hillock at rank 3 in Transportation.

28% staff here and I'm in over 500 jewelers - the stupid staff is back to 1 socket.
<3
Finally over the "Hump" this build has in mid-game levelling, though I may hit another when I get to that awkward point where you swap over to CI. I usually do it too early.

But, yeah, I'm having a blast even though I'm a bit squishy still, I forgot how nice it was to just shatter an entire screen. Very first WI character I made, way back in the day when it was a pure Unique, was also an Occultist (Eventually, she was made before Ascendancies were even a thing) so it's a bit nostalgic to go back to pure cold.
If you have a watchers eye with ES on hit, what Gem Setup would you guys suggest for mapping? I guess we do not need the leech then?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info