[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

Great build! I just got super lucky at Lv 41 and got my WI from a 3 to a 6 socket with just one jewelers orb (I'm broke, lol):

I'm saving up chromatics to get the colors just right, but holy crap I went from mediocre to a super tank almost instantly. Adding the LL gem, VP and a few more sockets makes bosses and the Syndicate die very quickly.

This is my first time leveling this build from scratch. I used your Ascendant one before but I just redid my tree on an old Lv 94 Scion I had laying around in Standard. Much more fun to do it with a new character.

Again, great build!

Guys, how much ES should I have to comfortably switch to CI ? I'm level 68, just at the end of a10 and currently rocking only about 1800 ES - that feels a bit lowish to me.
I couldn't seem to find it in the guide. Does your WO benefit from all the supports in the staff? Id assume if it doesn't the WO would be weak and not clear well at all. As it would seem WO should be the aoe clear of this build.
"
Giant99 wrote:
I couldn't seem to find it in the guide. Does your WO benefit from all the supports in the staff? Id assume if it doesn't the WO would be weak and not clear well at all. As it would seem WO should be the aoe clear of this build.

No. Some of the other 4 support gems do nothing for WO, or actively worsen it for us, because they're used to boost IceStorm. WO only needs to be linked to CwC for this build. If you want, you could link it to more sockets, but it's only other use here is to provide enough crits to keep EO going almost constantly.

Some people are experimenting with a 5-6L WO swap socketed more for map clearing and keeping the IS CwC WO for bosses, so we'll have to hear from them on how effective it is.
Last edited by Solax on Dec 11, 2018, 5:20:12 PM
Just killed in "blind mode" the final boss of this League - Mastermind Catarina sorry for spoilers :)
Area was level 75 but the boss was a fklin cluster of nonsense with invulnerability most of the time.

Died 4 times cause no leech and no regeneration, some moves of the boss hit like a fuckin truck and you cant leech and also cant regenerate ES.

Need to see a detailed guide of what to do at this boss every stage otherwise i don't even want to imagine how it will be in a level 83 area! :)

Dropped a crappy veiled mod unique silver flask and 3 veiled rare items!

Also the challenge to kill the Mastermind (Defeat Mastermind I) seems that is bugged since i didn't get the count for it but got the count for the other one (Defeat Masterminf II - 1/5)

Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 11, 2018, 6:27:35 PM
Wanted to add a quick note regarding blood rage.

If you're using a Vaal Discipline in your setup, that gives you a great "oh crap" button if you're hit with the degen at a bad time. Pop a Vaal Discipline and boom, your energy shield recharge will kick in and overcome the blood rage.
Finally rolled a 5 socket on the staff and socketed spell cascade and well does anyone else's audio go bananas with screechy noise from channeling icestorm for a few seconds?

I tried low, medium, and high sound and it all sounds bad.

I'm getting the stink eye from the Hubs for channeling icestorm in his hideout.
<3
The build is awesome! Thankfully this is my 2nd build this league and therefore I was able to bankroll everything before I started, including 2 Lifesprigs etc. But once the big switch happens and a few nodes later this build really starts to pick up. I definitely feel where this immortality is going and I am looking forward to go on with it. Always wanted to play an ES build, so thank you for that :)

@Jancela

Do you mean the sound of stuff breaking and cracking? These are all the shatters from critting something that is frozen/chilled to death. These are normal for ice builds and can't really be avoided.
Unless you have an audio error and it sounds different than it should.
How important are the increase skill duration node on this build?
"
KhobarKast wrote:
The build is awesome! Thankfully this is my 2nd build this league and therefore I was able to bankroll everything before I started, including 2 Lifesprigs etc. But once the big switch happens and a few nodes later this build really starts to pick up. I definitely feel where this immortality is going and I am looking forward to go on with it. Always wanted to play an ES build, so thank you for that :)

@Jancela

Do you mean the sound of stuff breaking and cracking? These are all the shatters from critting something that is frozen/chilled to death. These are normal for ice builds and can't really be avoided.
Unless you have an audio error and it sounds different than it should.

No, I hear the normal ice cracking and shattering. It's some audio error with any messages. Sounds more like audio tearing and high pitch screeches. Oh well I'll just turn down sound effects to low. At least there's no fps drops when I'm covering the screen in icestorm.
<3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info