[3.6] Elementalist - Armageddon Brand - Ignite. Elder/Shaper Viable - Cheap starter

"
lightdshadows wrote:
Thanks a bunch for the response. I didn't realize Runebinder enabled that. How much does that impact damage on bosses? I've been trying to follow the OP skilltree, but must've missed that.

Edit: Gave it a shot, Boss damage definitely seems better. No Decoy Totem for me anymore though, but wurf

No problem at all. Yeah its increased single target dmg a lot. Wish we were able to stack ignite tho lol.

I'm writing cuz of your other question that i replied earlier about searing touch. I found out there are better staves than searing touch. I dont know 100% of the ignite mechanic so OP should take a look at it but PoB says my new staff is 4-6% better than perfect roll Searing Touch when it comes to initial hit and ignite dps.
Last edited by Drvi34 on Dec 17, 2018, 6:18:12 AM
"
seabazz wrote:
"
Gretik wrote:
Hello, thanks for the build - this is my first time back on POE in years and I've always loved seeing the (virtual) world burn! :D

Is there a way to meaningfully work Herald of Ash into the build? I don't understand enough of the pro/cons to work it out, but I'm enjoying the skill at the moment and it suits the theme - I just don't want to chronically break the lovely build of yours I'm working towards.

Thanks again!

Hi there. By going for a more hit Oriented build with less focus on The ignite dmg we can make use of The herald of ash. Make even bake in thunder if we go for the herald ancendancy point. We would also get more aoe then and that might farm really fast aswell as have a good if not better boss damage.

Thanks, I'll have a look tonight but if you have any suggestions on how to do that it'd be ace. :)
"
Drvi34 wrote:
"
lightdshadows wrote:
Thanks a bunch for the response. I didn't realize Runebinder enabled that. How much does that impact damage on bosses? I've been trying to follow the OP skilltree, but must've missed that.

Edit: Gave it a shot, Boss damage definitely seems better. No Decoy Totem for me anymore though, but wurf

No problem at all. Yeah its increased single target dmg a lot. Wish we were able to stack ignite tho lol.

I'm writing cuz of your other question that i replied earlier about searing touch. I found out there are better staves than searing touch. I dont know 100% of the ignite mechanic so OP should take a look at it but PoB says my new staff is 4-6% better than perfect roll Searing Touch when it comes to initial hit and ignite dps.

@work atm so cant PoB. But if your pob says it's an upgrade then it should be true. Very nice staff indeed. Probably hard to get ahold of though.
ok im trying to make this build slowly but ur lving tree looks diff than ur pastebin skill tree....like u said to take Growth and Decay in lving but its not there in ur final POB tree..... there r also some other big nodes which r missing in your final tree.....
Last edited by deadbody2 on Dec 17, 2018, 7:14:59 AM
"
deadbody2 wrote:
ok im trying to make this build slowly but ur lving tree looks diff than ur pastebin skill tree....like u said to take Growth and Decay in lving but its not there in ur final POB tree..... there r also some other big nodes which r missing in your final tree.....

Sorry for this. During early lategame we changed ascendancy and some of the tree to better fit tier 15+ maps.

For you i recommend to get path of building. Import the latest PoB link from the guide. Look at the bottom left where it says default. Press it and choose part 1, 2, or 3 based on how many skillpoints you have.

That leveling part is up to date.

I removed the recommended big nodes in the leveling section now.
Last edited by seabazz on Dec 17, 2018, 8:07:09 AM
great thank you man
"
seabazz wrote:
Hi there. By going for a more hit Oriented build with less focus on The ignite dmg we can make use of The herald of ash. Make even bake in thunder if we go for the herald ancendancy point. We would also get more aoe then and that might farm really fast aswell as have a good if not better boss damage.

Would we drop golems entirely to do this?
"
Gretik wrote:
"
seabazz wrote:

Would we drop golems entirely to do this?

Hi there. I would imagine we would keep our flame golem for more damage. I can look at this more closely later today when I get home.
Last edited by seabazz on Dec 17, 2018, 9:05:03 AM
Cheers, I'll look too but I am still at the "grasping basic concepts stage". Trying to puzzle out for myself why some builds use enfeeble like yours, whilst others go for immortal call/warlord's mark.

[Edit] Confused myself more :) Now I am not sure why using flammability doesn't conflict with the defensive curses... I'll get there eventually.

[Edit2] Going to play around with socketing herald of thunder in Malachais artifice as I got it last night. :)
Last edited by Gretik on Dec 17, 2018, 11:28:13 AM
So my damage is great now, but my survivability is a bit sketchy. I didn't intend to get MoM when I did, but I felt like I HAD to have an extra layer of defense. I'm not even 50% satisfied with MoM. Do I need to be running Blasphemy/Enfeeble instead of HoA?

Edit - Nevermind lmao. Ripped in an Untainted Paraside, 1 shot by a devourer. Unreal.
Last edited by lightdshadows on Dec 17, 2018, 2:57:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info