Here are the new ailments and information about what they do!

Talaga ba ito batay sa pinsala ng hit, o batay ba ito sa porsyento ng buhay ng target na inalis ng hit? Napakakaunting mga bagay. Kung ang una, mahusay. Ang mga ito ay maganda.

Kung ang ikalawa, isa pang walang kapararakan na sakit na gumagana sa mga pack na sumabog sa isang hit pa rin, at may 0.1% epekto sa mahirap na nilalaman o zero epekto, dahil kung hindi mo pindutin ang isang threshold nito walang katuturan.
So again they focus ailments only for big hits...

If u need like the same damage to get 20% sapped as u need to go for 50% shock...

Because it may be just like scorch that cant ignite

People forget to ready that is not a fixed 20%

Last edited by HoockBr on Dec 6, 2018, 4:58:17 PM
"
First sounds like garbage unless it's base crit

Second is a dps boost that's good

Third is the best by far

Pretty sure the brittle is flat +20% to crit (basically guarantying a shatter).

I don't like how it waters down Assassin as an ascendancy completely since you can use any class already and crit cap with some investment. That one ailment basically will crit cap anything.

The only question will be the rarity of the uniques with that affix.
"
crystalwitch wrote:
So is Brittle base crit chance?
No, it's additional crit chance. Base crit chance can only come from weapons or gems.

But since there are no mechanics in the game that affect base or additional crit differently, the question is entirely irrelevant to actual mechanics.
"
Prizy wrote:
"

Third is the best by far

I don't like how it waters down Assassin as an ascendancy completely since you can use any class already and crit cap with some investment. That one ailment basically will crit cap anything.

it scales with the size of your initial hit, it's not always 20%

These ailments in general seem bad. You kill mobs before the ailments on them matter, and you don't deal big enough hits for the ailments to activate on major bosses. We need ground effect versions of these ailments so they'll actually have a purpose in the modern meta.

Edit: maybe utility gem + elemental proliferation will have more purpose with worm flasks? Are they trying to buff the writhing jar?
Last edited by codetaku on Dec 6, 2018, 5:22:42 PM
We haven't seen any source of these ailments except for scorch, so those related items are as important as the ailments themselves. They'll show us how easy or hard these ailments will be to apply to bosses.
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
Ailments are pointless because non boss mobs die regardless while boss mods are basically unaffected, much like cursing in its current form.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Also, is there any particular reason why these are better with one large hit than a bunch of small hits?

Why reward large hits vs continuous high damage with smaller hits?

If there were a balance reason, I could buy it, but it just feels lazy.
These can only be applied by what I assume are league uniques. Seems really underwhelming.

The wording seems to imply that the effect is based on the hit damage instead of %hp enemies lose. This makes them situationally useful in t16+, however, I have zero hope for GGG to be able to find that sweet spot where these ailments are useful for others than those who 1shot screens anyway.
"
codetaku wrote:
"
Prizy wrote:
"

Third is the best by far

it scales with the size of your initial hit, it's not always 20%

These ailments in general seem bad. You kill mobs before the ailments on them matter, and you don't deal big enough hits for the ailments to activate on major bosses. We need ground effect versions of these ailments so they'll actually have a purpose in the modern meta.

Edit: maybe utility gem + elemental proliferation will have more purpose with worm flasks? Are they trying to buff the writhing jar?
Exactly this. All mobs are dead on first hit anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info