Slow Mo Zombies! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxed Playstyle|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

"
poeGT wrote:
Would the animated guardian unique for spectres be just as good here as well? I know it's a non-unique build but does anyone have a list of the top uniques here.

Animated guardian with leer, zahn chest etc seem it would help?

For unique 1hs, brightbeak or queen's?

Maybe I am blind but what are you using for flasks?

Also is all your dex from your gear? For temp chain, desecrate etc I am so dex starved even with 20+ dex on gear.

Also you don't have convoc on CWDT, so you're manually doing it every time you engage a pack? I find zombie while shield charging even with speed never catch up and you will always get smacked first even if you time your convocation well. Seems risky for HC, with spectres I could get away with it because they are range and would attack mobs before I could get to them.
Hey poeGT,

Thanks for the questions. You don't have to avoid uniques. I just like to have my builds not NEED anything to clear the Atlas. I personally don't use any uniques, but that's the Build Creator showing that the build works as advertised. Everyone else can do what they like to hopefully improve the build to their playstyle (or keep as is).

Here's a list of some uniques that I like:

-Sidhebreath Amulet
-Singularity (more slowing)
-Bones of Ullr or Alberon's Warpath
-The Baron
-Severed in Sleep/United in Dream
-Mon'tregul's Grasp
-The Scourge
-Queen's Decree/Queen's Escape
-Femurs of the Saints
-Dying Breath
-Geofri's Legacy

Animate Guardian would be lots of fun for this build for sure. So once you're comfortable with the build, play around with which set of links you're willing to rid yourself of. (Make sure the Guardian has great Chaos Resists to withstand the Syndicate damage.)

Leer Cast is really cool, but it sends you in the "Glass Cannon" direction. Low life, no resists (for you). So try it out. But it really only benefits Party play. It helps allies (friends and minions). A Bone Helmet give 30-40% minion damage and can have high health and resists. Same thing with Zahndethus' Cassock, Glass Cannon. You're trading health for 6% life regen. So try it out and see if it works for you. I'm not sure where you are in the game, but keep a backup plan if you're too "squishy" for T11+ maps.

I use 4 life flasks that get rid of bleeding and one Quartz Flask that gets rid of Freeze/Chill.

All my Dex is on my Amulet. Amulets can get the highest attribute rolls (additively). If you can't find/afford that kind of amulet use the 30 and 20 Dex nodes on the tree to help out (that's what I did while leveling). They are easy to respec out of later.

I don't like Convocation on CwDT. I don't want my zombies coming to me when I get hit. I want them attacking the one dealing damage. But honestly, I only have Convocation in the build for everyone else. I don't even have a button assigned to it now that I have added Skeletons to the build. If the Zombies die, I have Skeletons that deal great damage until I get a moment to re-Raise my Zombies. When the build was Zombies ONLY, convocation was a BIG deal.

One reason I prefer Charged Dash (I know many don't) is I'm not the first one in combat with that skill. I channel the skill for a second, all my minions attack what I hit, the enemy is already debuffed, THEN I release and run around. If you stick with Shield Charge, you'll always be first. So maybe get used to summoning a couple skeletons first. Your zombies will follow your other minions that are attacking (to a point). THEN enter combat. But, you'll only debuff your enemies once you enter combat.

But do what is the most fun for you for sure.

Good questions. Let me know if you have more.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 31, 2018, 4:30:03 PM
"
asdf54321 wrote:
back from almost a 4year break, back when poe had difficulties and only 3acts.

5days in, self found and some trading, kill atziri @ lvl 82.
fun build
Hey asdf54321,

A Returner! I'm glad you came back. The game has improved a lot hey? I'm glad you like build. Sweet job on Atziri at such an equal level! I still haven't had the last Fragment drop for me yet.

Thanks for taking the time to complement the build. I hope you enjoy the game enough to stick around!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
armstrongxnxx wrote:
triniparty i don't want to change or build or anything but can u explain me why Molten Shell over Immortal call and can we replace Charged Dash for Flame Dash or Shield Charge would this fuck up EE?

I use shield charge and don't use molten shell.

I do a CWDT (1) + Immortal Call + Flesh Offering set up in my main hand. I could probably go with spirit offering in there or phase rush if I moved it to a 4 link. I have my shield charge + faster attacks + fortify + summon stone golem in my four link right now.

I just make sure something has lightning or fire damage to add to my attacks for the shield charge so it can proc the damage boost for EE to my minions. The damage boost is decent, but not the main source of damage though. It is only boosting the cold damage off Hatred, but it does help.

You could also use leap slap if you prefer. You can only use charged dash, shield charge, or leap slam though and still have holy relic work as mentioned already. Lightning warp and flame dash won't make holy relic do what it does.
Last edited by Viscar on Dec 31, 2018, 4:54:07 PM
im new so excuse my question if its dumb, but i have been following this build but due to gear i restraints i had to change alittle bit, i have been using anger gem, and it seems to give minions alot of dps. wondering your thoughts on that and could you use flame dash instead of your dash.
MY BAD! Sorry! Lol!
Last edited by Idarroc on Jan 1, 2019, 12:38:08 AM
"
Diseasedmeat wrote:
im new so excuse my question if its dumb, but i have been following this build but due to gear i restraints i had to change alittle bit, i have been using anger gem, and it seems to give minions alot of dps. wondering your thoughts on that and could you use flame dash instead of your dash.
Hey Diseasedmeat,

They aren't dumb questions at all. Flame Dash doesn't work with my gem setup at all. If you aren't going to use Charged Dash, you need to choose an Attack (not a spell) to replace it. Only an Attack can initiate the bonuses given by Holy Relic and initiate Fortify. I strongly prefer Charged Dash for lots of detailed reasons, but Shield Charge and Leap Slam seem to be popular. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Category:Movement_(gem_tag)

Anger is great, but Hatred gives way more "bonus" damage. Anger, Hatred, and Wrath are all really strong, but they each have specific setups that each thrive in over another. In our situation, Hatred wins by a long shot.

Let me know if you have any more questions. No questions are dumb questions here...and if someone thinks they're dumb, and says so, it's easy to report them :). It's a complicated game. Ask as much as you can.

Annnnnd

So I made a view of my char running a T9 map. I ran out of red maps for now. It's the same basic premise though as you'll see in the video. Basically I only really worry about physical reflect maps. My zombies destroy themselves on those. One other thing to note. I had just recently converted many of my gems to quality 20% and reset their levels back to level 1 with the vendor recipe. So things aren't quite as powerful as they were before the reset as I am leveling the gems back up.

https://youtu.be/7y033N2vNk4

EDIT doing up another video right now of a T11 I just got and ran a T12 zana inside it.

EDIT AGAIN:

https://youtu.be/nWnc0oMzmAw

Video uploaded. Little better quality and didn't get the server freeze I got on the last one.
Last edited by Viscar on Dec 31, 2018, 10:42:42 PM
"
"
Diseasedmeat wrote:
Hey Diseasedmeat,

They aren't dumb questions at all. Flame Dash doesn't work with my gem setup at all. If you aren't going to use Charged Dash, you need to choose an Attack (not a spell) to replace it. Only an Attack can initiate the bonuses given by Holy Relic and initiate Fortify. I strongly prefer Charged Dash for lots of detailed reasons, but Shield Charge and Leap Slam seem to be popular. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Category:Movement_(gem_tag)

Anger is great, but Hatred gives way more "bonus" damage. Anger, Hatred, and Wrath are all really strong, but they each have specific setups that each thrive in over another. In our situation, Hatred wins by a long shot.

Let me know if you have any more questions. No questions are dumb questions here...and if someone thinks they're dumb, and says so, it's easy to report them :). It's a complicated game. Ask as much as you can.

sweet will try it out and see how it goes, i find it hard to look for rare gear, i just dont know outside the primary stats what other stats are solid on gear for this build.
"
"
poeGT wrote:
Would the animated guardian unique for spectres be just as good here as well? I know it's a non-unique build but does anyone have a list of the top uniques here.

Animated guardian with leer, zahn chest etc seem it would help?

For unique 1hs, brightbeak or queen's?

Maybe I am blind but what are you using for flasks?

Also is all your dex from your gear? For temp chain, desecrate etc I am so dex starved even with 20+ dex on gear.

Also you don't have convoc on CWDT, so you're manually doing it every time you engage a pack? I find zombie while shield charging even with speed never catch up and you will always get smacked first even if you time your convocation well. Seems risky for HC, with spectres I could get away with it because they are range and would attack mobs before I could get to them.
Hey poeGT,

Thanks for the questions. You don't have to avoid uniques. I just like to have my builds not NEED anything to clear the Atlas. I personally don't use any uniques, but that's the Build Creator showing that the build works as advertised. Everyone else can do what they like to hopefully improve the build to their playstyle (or keep as is).

Here's a list of some uniques that I like:

-Sidhebreath Amulet
-Singularity (more slowing)
-Bones of Ullr or Alberon's Warpath
-The Baron
-Severed in Sleep/United in Dream
-Mon'tregul's Grasp
-The Scourge
-Queen's Decree/Queen's Escape
-Femurs of the Saints
-Dying Breath
-Geofri's Legacy

Animate Guardian would be lots of fun for this build for sure. So once you're comfortable with the build, play around with which set of links you're willing to rid yourself of. (Make sure the Guardian has great Chaos Resists to withstand the Syndicate damage.)

Leer Cast is really cool, but it sends you in the "Glass Cannon" direction. Low life, no resists (for you). So try it out. But it really only benefits Party play. It helps allies (friends and minions). A Bone Helmet give 30-40% minion damage and can have high health and resists. Same thing with Zahndethus' Cassock, Glass Cannon. You're trading health for 6% life regen. So try it out and see if it works for you. I'm not sure where you are in the game, but keep a backup plan if you're too "squishy" for T11+ maps.

I use 4 life flasks that get rid of bleeding and one Quartz Flask that gets rid of Freeze/Chill.

All my Dex is on my Amulet. Amulets can get the highest attribute rolls (additively). If you can't find/afford that kind of amulet use the 30 and 20 Dex nodes on the tree to help out (that's what I did while leveling). They are easy to respec out of later.

I don't like Convocation on CwDT. I don't want my zombies coming to me when I get hit. I want them attacking the one dealing damage. But honestly, I only have Convocation in the build for everyone else. I don't even have a button assigned to it now that I have added Skeletons to the build. If the Zombies die, I have Skeletons that deal great damage until I get a moment to re-Raise my Zombies. When the build was Zombies ONLY, convocation was a BIG deal.

One reason I prefer Charged Dash (I know many don't) is I'm not the first one in combat with that skill. I channel the skill for a second, all my minions attack what I hit, the enemy is already debuffed, THEN I release and run around. If you stick with Shield Charge, you'll always be first. So maybe get used to summoning a couple skeletons first. Your zombies will follow your other minions that are attacking (to a point). THEN enter combat. But, you'll only debuff your enemies once you enter combat.

But do what is the most fun for you for sure.

Good questions. Let me know if you have more.

Great responses. I am getting more used to charged dash with your tips. Thank you. I am enjoying the build, I just couldn't bring myself around to doing spectres again and wanted a different take on summoner. I will be taking this build as far as possible on HC, I'll use the 1h variation for more protection.

Vaal skeletons makes you laugh manically.

I guess there's not too much room to squeeze in animated guardian--it needs fort/life/res links and like you said chaos--it could work but probably not too beneficial to be worth it.

Bones boots are great but it's a little annoying with res management and the loss of life, wasted spectre stats, low MS, but hey, 1 more zombie just looks too cool.

I think scourge+charity looks like a safe combo?

I would have never guess 4 life flasks, but it makes sense. Do you bother with minion heal affix on it? Or all the links/tree is enough beef for them. I am using onslaught atm too but I am leveling.

There was a neat trick with spectres to use AHNs shield and negative endurance charge gems so you have perma onslaught but sadly you can't squeeze that in here since there isn't enough sockets.
Last edited by poeGT on Jan 1, 2019, 8:54:35 AM
Hi to everyone, I play PoE from beta (not all the leagues, I had many breaks during those years) and it's my first time doing a summoner build (even if the witch is my favored Exile) to avoid lag issues but I have to admit that is enjoyable and totally playable. I followed your build till the endgame, then I tried to make some changes to fit better my playstyle (I tried scourge + charity, and other rares to change a bit the passive tree) and I finally got the setup I like. I'm now lvl92 and I melt everything except T16 bosses(and shaper/elder obviously) and now I feel I can't progress anymore. Doing the guardians is doable, but requires at least for me 5 or 6 portals to kill them. I'm writing because I'm sure I'm doing something wrong to clear all the content, maybe you can figure what.
the changes I made are those:
1- I'm playing with mon'tregul grasp(I have a max of 12 so I can benefit of 6 big zombies)
2- I changed minion life with hypothermia (the max life of the mace + all the minion life nodes makes them 26000 life anyway) to maximize the effect of chill
3- I switched enfeeble for vulnerability, that is for sure the major change. I made it not cause I lacked damage but to try the combo chill+ bleeding+ maim that gives me plenty of survivability anyway.
4- on the passive tree I completely left the extreme top right to add those points in some aura nodes that were nearer, adding some reduced mana reservation cause I couldn't summon zombies without turning off an aura(not enough unreserved mana) and it was causing me many issues during boss fights that can kill some of them(they facetank everything so a double flameblast or something similar can kill them), but besides that the tree is pretty similar.
5- I started to use Magna Eclipsis unique shield, and I feel really good with it. the +2 levels on gems makes TC superstrong (+32 quality thanks to enhance lv5) and the life + armor are really good against the biggest threat: physical damage. But mostly the Elemental Aegis skill is broken: 1000 shield against magic damage is like to have 1000 ES more (with my setup I have 5600 life and 900 ES).

I hope I didn't forgot nothing, sorry for my English and thanks to Triniparty for making this guide and being always so kind.
Last edited by Ailean on Jan 1, 2019, 3:14:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info