Slow Mo Zombies! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxed Playstyle|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

"
XanTheInsane wrote:

Technically this build didn't take a big hit since you can now slap a +40% zombie damage bonus onto the Bone Helm now.

But skeletons took a damage drop of 20%.

I assume you are referring to that enchantments now have their own "slot" on gear and so we can enchant a Bone Helmet (or Two-Toned Boots) and not lose the implicit. So a hit and a buff and probably the more flexible for it if not entirely as straight out pro skeleton damage as before. (and we are probably only looking at a loss of say 20/500 or 4%)

But players will have to choose between +elemental res for minions and damage (maybe not a real hard choice for most, but I imagine WOD might have to ponder it as it would pretty much mean abandoning Commander of Darkness as a guess).

As for me on Xbox, finding Helmet Enchants on the market tends not to be an option (the market is thin and there is no robust crafting/enchanting community). And it would be a mighty feat of RNG to get a good enchant directly from the Lab.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
Last edited by AnExile_onthePath on Mar 6, 2019, 8:54:23 AM
"
I believe that Bone Helmet will take a hit: Increased Minion Damage is going from 30-40 to 15-20. Anyone out there with gear in Standard probably should avoid using Blessed Orbs on their old Bone Helmets after the patch hits.

I guess if I want a 40/+2 Minion Gem Bone Helmet, it's now or never for the 40 part (got a few days on Xbox; not sure about the PC situation).

"Bone Helmet basetypes have had their increased Minion Damage lowered to 15-20% (from 30-40%). Existing versions will be changed to these values if a Blessed Orb is used."
"
XanTheInsane wrote:
Technically this build didn't take a big hit since you can now slap a +40% zombie damage bonus onto the Bone Helm now.

But skeletons took a damage drop of 20%.
Ya, I guess they thought that 30-40% would be way too much with Implicits and Enchantments being seperate mods now. And now we know that minion damage was considered in part of their rebalancing of damage. So we know we're getting adjusted properly.

"
I assume you are referring to that enchantments now have their own "slot" on gear and so we can enchant a Bone Helmet (or Two-Toned Boots) and not lose the implicit. So a hit and a buff and probably the more flexible for it if not entirely as straight out pro skeleton damage as before. (and we are probably only looking at a loss of say 20/500 or 4%)

But players will have to choose between +elemental res for minions and damage (maybe not a real hard choice for most, but I imagine WOD might have to ponder it as it would pretty much mean abandoning Commander of Darkness as a guess).

As for me on Xbox, finding Helmet Enchants on the market tends not to be an option (the market is thin and there is no robust crafting/enchanting community). And it would be a mighty feat of RNG to get a good enchant directly from the Lab.
With the design of how I like to make my guides not "need" anything, I like to think of Implicits and Enchantments as bonuses or perks. But ya, I'm a console player too. You just gotta take what you get. I hate labs, but now that they made the mod separation I may start doing the labs I see in maps.

I'm adding Spirit Offering to the build for 3.6 and am still deciding if I want the offering skill to affect me too (Mistress of Sacrifice) simply ensuring that Zombies always have their resists maxed (without needing the offering). It'll likely stay at Commander of Darkness...Buuuuuut...maybe not ;)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Since I play on Xbox, my characters cannot be seen by other players. This is how my character ended up this league (POB Pastebin code)

https://pastebin.com/xf2skyQp

For most of the league, I played with 6LinkZombie/4LinkSkeleton but switched to 6LinkSkeleton/4LinkZombie with a few weeks to go. The change eventually lead me to swap out Commander of Darkness for Puppet Master (since I am constantly casting Skeletons, the Minion spell requirement is handled without any extra effort and I really liked the Increased Skill Duration). I ran both curses as auras and so I am wondering if Hex Master is really worth the 5 skill points it takes to pick it up. The 4 link Zombies (and I even kept Minion Life) were still pretty effective against trash mobs - Zombies are the best, just not so much against bosses or anything where I find myself focused on keeping the Witch alive.

I'm still running Lunaris/Ryslatha Pantheon choices - perhaps not optimal but it suits my style.

I tried Together in Dream and it is nice - but not the 4ex nice I had to shell out. I am wondering if the poison damage might help with the Hall of Grand Masters though.

I tried Magna Eclipsis and it is really sweet in maps - but I liked the Vix Lunaris much more in the Delve (and I just like freeze immunity, a lot). Since I share WOD's distaste for constant item/gem swapping, I went with the Vix Lunaris.

I took several/many hard looks at Heretic's Veil but I just could not get past the lack of life and resists. I used Queen's Escape for most of my levelling but it as much as I liked it, it just did not fare very well in the Delve (too squishy). Through it all, I stuck with a Grip of the Council (as opposed to the Heretic's Veil or say another rare to allow more Chaos resist).

I got a nice little bonus from corrupting my Violent Dead Jewels (but only after I had a spare in case something got bricked in the process).

I changed my life flask from Divine to Eternal - previously I played builds with lots of leech and the main concern was recovering from big hits quickly but with this build, I find that I also want sustained heals. Eventually a Blood of the Karui dropped and I liked it so much that I shelled out for two more - it robustly refills the health globe but you'll need to find your "staunching" from another flask.

I've spent the last couple of weeks levelling an SSF character. The levelling actually seemed the smoothest so far and so I thought that I would share what worked (for my play style). Basically I focused on building up the minions and left all the curse stuff for "later". A Vaal Skeletons dropped the very first corrupted area that I entered and it proved extremely helpful (I got all the way into Act 6 before dying). Oh, and I also went with a double quicksilver flask which really improved the experience. At some point I will have to try swapping out Granite for Quicksilver on my main character.

Once again, thanks to WOD for the wonderful guide and I am looking forward to what the new League brings (apart from hearing about fabulous Helmet Enchants that I will never see ...) I hear so much about Storm Brand - could it be used as an EE trigger I wonder?
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
The 3.6 guide is now live. Find it https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451975. Thanks everyone for such a fantastic expansion! You were all so kind, encouraging, and thoughtful. I hope you all enjoyed the build. Thanks to all who tried the build (those who posted and those who didn't). See you on the other side! :-)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey WOD, get back to the first page! :)
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Primero que todo darte las gracias por subir tan exquisita build, me encanto y he llegado a T13 sin problemas.
Mis consultas son las siguientes:
1.- ¿Cómo obtengo o creo mejor dicho el yelmo y la perchera con "+1 a zombies y esqueletos".
2.- ¿Cómo creo el arma de una mano que llevas "Staff" con 6 links engarzados?, sólo encuentro en poe.trade de 5 link y ni siquiera estan enlazados.
3.- Estoy usando actualmente "The Devouring Diamen necromancer circlet" para llevar las auras y tener "EB", asi seleccione MOM y quede mas resistente, porque como iba en T10 empece a perder y podia subir mas. ¡que te aprece esta opción de yelmo?
4.- Te dejo mi pastebin para que lo veas por favor.
https://pastebin.com/WCY2GTXz

5.- No tengo claro si en el juego también usas los esqueletos en forma constante o sólo usas su habilidad "Vaal" contra los jefes.

Muchos saludos y te felicito por tu excelente construcción se me ha hecho muy fácil llegar a estas alturas gracias a tu trabajo!!
Hello thanks for the build this is the first character I've been able to enjoy this long into the game so thanks for that I do have one question though I acquired charged dash a little while ago in the game and I have to question how do I get the dex to use it, it requires a base dex of 67
I just wanted to thank you for this build... This is my first POE character .. I played beyond act I :)
looking forward to updates on this build with the new necro rework!!!
I have started playing this build at the end of the build amd its so fuckin good. I have played various other minion build but the importance of making it stress free really worked out for me. As a casual player i want to have some relaxed gametime after full time job. If it is possible i request pls update the build before the next league starts i really really want to start the league with this build as the new necro changes seems amazing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info