Slow Mo Zombies! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxed Playstyle|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

Hey KnightofPomp,

"
KnightofPomp wrote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I have found that the "Summon Phantasm on Minion Kill" support gem that you as a reward for Mercy Mission (lvl 4) is great for levelling.
Summon Phantasm on Minion Kill
It has been mentioned but it's always good to mention. Good post (showing when to get it and the link). It's such a good support it's hard to get rid of :).

Thanks!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 17, 2018, 3:36:44 PM
use this build for base, but change some things for this league.
you must have vary surv options or sindicut will kill you.

and use this craft ^^
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
Last edited by 6aPMaJIeuKuH on Dec 16, 2018, 2:11:30 PM
"
Hey poppinveinz,

"
poppinveinz wrote:
Yes, sorry about that. Ive been stalking everyone’s characters through the forums that I didn’t even realize it was off by default haha.

Thank you, again :)
Your progress looks awesome! Great job! You have a great implicit roll on your Bone Helmet too. So one thing you need to set your expectations for the end battles (guardians/shaper/elder) is that the battles have lots of sequences that have huge hitting spells/attacks. For the most part, if you get hit by these attacks/spells you'll die ("one-shot" hits). So a big part of these battles is simply getting used to how the battles function and where you need to be for each sequence.

Not every hit/damage the bosses will deal are "instant kill" hits though. So be sure to have lots of health on your gear. Every piece of gear should have health on it. If you have 75+ health on all gear and almost all the health nodes I suggested on the tree, you'll have over 5000 health. That's actually not that much for endgame battles...so not having that much is pretty suicidal. So besides working towards gear as great as you already have, but with more health on them, you're set.

Your weapon is great! I like the max rolls on the amulet too! But you are missing out on your own survivability...yet adding minion life and speed is awesome too. I'd have a hard time choosing between that myself. Your belt has to go though. It's an awesome belt for Energy shield characters, but that's not what we're set up in the tree for. You could easily cap your resists and increase your health with a nice rare belt which will also let you remove the lightning resist from your Bone Helmet and add health instead.

You're doing great! Good job with your gear!

"
One last question if you don’t mind, is there any way to get zombies to fight far away enemies? I often struggle to see things in boss fights so I try to keep my distance from the boss so I can see his mechanics and try to work around them, but if the boss is near the edges of the screen my zombies will just run back to me. Is there any way to work around this or is being closer the only option here?
Nope. What we're doing is the only way to get zombies far away. They'll follow other minions that are hitting enemies, up to a certain point, but minions without a duration are designed to stay close, while minions with a duration tend to just go until their duration expires. It's just how GGG has made it.

Thank you very much for the thorough reply!

I have a friend who has been playing PoE very competitively for a long time so I was able to get some currency from him to help me set my builds up :D And I have of course been asking him questions non-stop trying to learn the game ASAP and do some league soon :)

I'll go for a better high health belt and try to squeeze a little more HP out of the rest of my gear. See you in Wraeclast!
Hey IamFrench,

"
IamFrench wrote:
There is no problem using Cyclone instead of Charged Dash ?

https://xboxclips.com/I%20am%20French/33b4ae76-e35b-4b15-81b3-19eaea3e385f
Sweeeeet video. Ya, use any movement skill that works for your playstyle/preference. If you go with a pure physical attack, make sure you have no added cold damage to your attacks. (For everyone else: make sure you use a Melee Attack (not a spell) so that you can still use Holy Relic and Fortify.)

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 17, 2018, 3:37:01 PM
Hey whaLeLe94,

"
whaLeLe94 wrote:
Is it possible to change skeletons for spectres? What should I change on the tree, if gonna use Kitava's Heralds with 2h weapon?
You could totally swap the minion gem to Spectres...but you'd have a totally different playstyle. One thing I've noticed is that Zombies and Skeletons seem to be combined in crafting now (you can add +1 to both maximum zombies and skeletons as one mod, on more than just a chest piece). Another thing to consider is that I added Skeletons to the 3.5 version of this build so that I could still do damage in a battle if my zombies ever died (I zone out a lot). So you could add spectres, but you'll have a problem if you don't use Convocation perfectly. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just a VERY different playstyle than the guide has.

So do what makes you smile the most :).

In terms of the tree you don't have to change a thing. The passive tree we have uses all the minion nodes, all offense and defense. So if you were to go with it, just change the one path on the ascendancy tree. Just go to Soul Weaver instead of Bone Sculptor.

Good question! :)

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 17, 2018, 3:37:18 PM
Hey 6aPMaJIeuKuH,

"
6aPMaJIeuKuH wrote:
use this build for base, but change some things for this league.
you must have vary surv options or sindicut will kill you.

and use this craft ^^
That's an awesome craft! After I saw your post I had the option become an "unveiling" option for me for the first time and I couldn't believe it was considered one mod! And to be put on more than one armour piece too! I'm glad you shared it!

I'm sorry this isn't working well for you in league. I'm finding the total opposite. I find Syndicate battles are so fast that I'm surprised there were three syndicate members in the battle. When I was leveling the first half of the story the battles were quite difficult. But as soon as I had 4 links on everything, I flew through Syndicate situations. I've obviously died sometimes though.

But thanks for the message! Your post of the crafted mod got me really excited when I saw it! :)

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 17, 2018, 3:37:34 PM
Thank you for this guide. So helpful im lv 16 now 2 handed but im thinking of going 1 handed.

I tried accessing your pastebin for 2handed but and it takes me to pastebin but all i can see is raw data. ( numbers and letter code )

I cant seem to make it show me an image. Am i missing something or do i need to down load something?

Thanks so much
Good Morning!

Just checking in, and still loving this build!
Outside of the Betrayal assassin one shots, I don't die.
This build seems to fit me perfectly.
One thing I am noticing this league:
I am a full content clearer so I am now level 72 but the story is at lv61...
So of course it's easy, but I am just loving it!
I have done three safehouses one with 4 bosses and an assassin, that was fun and that vaal skeletons fit perfect!
I have done the temple, but didn't have enough rooms unlocked.
I have delved to 65, but I really only delve when I'm full.
It really seems like the added content is making it easier, even though the content is harder?
I wish GGG would adjust levels in story to match me, but no big deal really.
But I can already see I'll be to T8 maps in no time.
I haven't even tried for 5 links yet, the zombies never die and the skeletons just make me want to ascend that much faster! I mean, I can't wait to drop 3 at a time, that sounds end game in itself!
Really love what you have done here and 20% movement speed seems perfect.
Resistances are great and I'm adding life to everything.
No issues, build is fantastic, thank you sooo much!
One final perfect comment for your AWESOME build.
This is my FIRST lv72 with ZERO uniques!!! You helped me escape the trap! Now I see the value of life/res and am embracing it!

There seem to be a lot of new players here so I will share what I have been doing at start up.
1 open Path Of Building(POB)
2 goto poe forum and grab this paste bin for one handed, highlight pastebin, ctrl+c and ctrl+v that into POB. Now I have my tree guide.
3 open POE forum and select trade so that I can price things I pick up in game.
4 open POE wiki to quickly look up things I have no clue about, VERY detailed.
5 open POE and enjoy!
I am alt tabbing through 4-5 screens all night, seems like a lot?
Try to figure it all out without these tools, lol!
Really just streamlines your gameplay, you will thank me.
I made 20c last night off 3 items ;) and I will admit I don't know shit yet, but I AM willing to learn...

I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Last edited by GrunkleBob on Dec 17, 2018, 11:05:04 AM
"
Thank you for this guide. So helpful im lv 16 now 2 handed but im thinking of going 1 handed.

I tried accessing your pastebin for 2handed but and it takes me to pastebin but all i can see is raw data. ( numbers and letter code )

I cant seem to make it show me an image. Am i missing something or do i need to down load something?

Thanks so much

Copy that pastebin link and paste it in POB.
Just google Path OF Building, it is a fantastic tool.
Lets you build characters outside of game, among many other wonderful things.
Like quickly reviewing another persons build/tree.

When POB opens, select import from pastebin, then ctrl+V to paste the link and import.
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Been playing this game since beta and this is legitimately the first time I have ever enjoyed (or not been lied to about) a beginners build. I am only around T8 maps and in my mid 80's, but aside from syndicate 1 shots I roll over everything and have already accumulated over 200 chaos to use towards other builds if I want. I've spent next to nothing on gear and to max things out with insane gear I would probably only have to spend another 80-100 chaos (spoiling myself with perfect trade gear) because of how affordable the 6L's for this build are. Really well done.

Feel free to check out my character (NPCSummoner) From here I am going to focus on more defense due to the syndicates being a huge pos right now on maps. Going to get my life & chaos resist up and get my two 6L's (or possibly switch to 1h/shield for def.) I still need to decide if my unique amulet is worth the slot, I am guessing no though and will likely switch to a nice amulet. Also need to get my movement speed up so I don't have to rely on spamming quicksilver as much.

Honestly I was just going to use this build to quickly farm up materials for another end game build but I enjoy it so much and I really will like to see how far I can push it! There's a certain satisfaction you get to charging passed a group of monsters only to have a herd of zombies crush them out of existence in a second.
Last edited by Ramus on Dec 17, 2018, 11:22:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info