[3.9] Ice 9 Kills \m/ -Not Budget :( 9+ attacks/second-Chill/Freeze)

"
"
arNu wrote:
I'm a bit lost with where to go with this build late game. I have been trying out different bows and gems, but cant really figure out anything that works better than Quill Rain and Thief's Torment. I'd like to work away from Thief's Torment and get a stronger bow, but the attack speed and mana gain is so good.

Lioneye's Glare is probably our best option. According to Path of Building, it's a decent DPS increase and almost 5 attacks per second so should reliably proc Frostbite + Arctic Breath.

Not sure if this is still enough to allow us to drop the Thief's Torment, it looks like about 250 mana/second to sustain. I just grabbed the two easiest mana leech clusters off the tree (Spirit Void and Essence Sap) and it still only shows 220 mana leeched per second, at the cost of 6 points.

It's just a bittersweet part of this build lol. Thief's Torment sucks cause you get no life or damage from two rings. But the life/mana sustain is just too good.

Cool cool, thanks for the input! I'm kind of halfway between a voidfletcher and ele hit build right now. It seemed to help with my single target dps and boosted my clear speed a bit.
Can I ask what other jewels you are socketing on the tree besides the 2 combat focus ones?
Hey thanks for the build I'm really enjoying it, you don't say at which level the golem should be, should I trigger it manually and keep leveling it or make it triggered by CWDT with the others ? Thanks a lot
"
Scryvyx wrote:
Can I ask what other jewels you are socketing on the tree besides the 2 combat focus ones?

Any abyss jewels you an grab that give added cold to attacks/bow attacks and flat life. Dodge chance would be really nice here too, but more mods = more expensive.

Regular jewels with % health, increased damage, cold damage, attack speed, attack speed with bows, etc.
"
krully37 wrote:
Hey thanks for the build I'm really enjoying it, you don't say at which level the golem should be, should I trigger it manually and keep leveling it or make it triggered by CWDT with the others ? Thanks a lot

For anything that doesn't have a level suggestion, just level it as much as your stats allow you to. I cast it manually, it's usually only dies after a really crazy encounter like Syndicates or a boss. so casting it once in a map and once after a boss isn't too annoying.
Thanks for answering. I was wondering why the build you recommend for quill rain in the gem question is way different than the one you end up using in PoB and everything else ?
"
krully37 wrote:
Thanks for answering. I was wondering why the build you recommend for quill rain in the gem question is way different than the one you end up using in PoB and everything else ?

The gems in "Skill Gems Setup" is the same as the Path of Building.

•Body Armour: Elemental Hit - Ele Dmg with Attacks - Hypothermia - Slower Projectiles - Faster Attacks -GMP (for mapping) - Cold Penetration (for bosses)

Do you mean jewels maybe?
"
"
Scryvyx wrote:

Any abyss jewels you an grab that give added cold to attacks/bow attacks and flat life. Dodge chance would be really nice here too, but more mods = more expensive.

Regular jewels with % health, increased damage, cold damage, attack speed, attack speed with bows, etc.

Beside your mods, phasing on kill is really nice too.
"
"
krully37 wrote:

•Body Armour: Elemental Hit - Ele Dmg with Attacks - Hypothermia - Slower Projectiles - Faster Attacks -GMP (for mapping) - Cold Penetration (for bosses)

You are using 4L + 2L with golem and war banner linked on quill rain here but not on PoB
"
krully37 wrote:
"
"
krully37 wrote:

You are using 4L + 2L with golem and war banner linked on quill rain here but not on PoB

Oh, that's because I'm too cheap to buy a 6L Quill Rain :)

I also typically try different things when playing a build just to see if I cna find something the feels or performs better. If I end up finding something better I will add it to the guide. So if you check my characters this is why you will often see different things than what a guide suggest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info