How Atlas Objectives Work

Hmm. Another thing SSF players are locked out because we can't trade for the right maps - now we're even locked out of the daily buyable maps from Zana if we don't have her daily map. No happy Hype here.
So again, the rich get richer, and you design systems for people who don't have jobs and families.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Damn they look super cool the art is amazing
This is going to really mess with other Atlas strategies. This is fine for players that just run whatever map they want and push for high completion, but currently, the Atlas does NOT reward you for completion. It rewards you for running the same maps repeatedly with Elder/Shaper influence carefully boxed in properly, shaping maps, and stripping out maps that mess with your map drop pool.

New system sounds great, but only if completing Atlas Objectives only spawn on maps you've completed, don't affect Shaper/Elder influence, and don't consume sextants.

*Edit: But as long as this somehow manages to kill having to do daily Master rotas, I'll take it.

*Edit2: How about making these Objectives just clickable on the Atlas and we get a free map to run with no investment required and isn't affected by any of the aforementioned mechanics? Just 5 free maps daily with those map tilesets?
Last edited by XNtrysyti on Nov 22, 2018, 5:57:30 PM
what in the hell are scarabs??
FISHING WHEN ?
"
Ashriel wrote:
So again, the rich get richer, and you design systems for people who don't have jobs and families.

So people that play more shouldn't have the opportunity to engage in more content than people who don't? Seriously? That's not how gaming works.
"

This Atlas Objectives system is designed to reward both players who consistently play every day, but also players who just play a lot of Path of Exile.

looks like i won't play this league then.

i thought you realised that forcing players to login daily is a rather bad motivator to play the game.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Also, what's with the icons in the picture.

I'm guessing the skull in the bow is a Einhar Mission.
The Red and green aztecy one is obviously Alva.
The clockworkish one on the far right is probably Zana.
I'd guess the blue one in the bottom is Nico.

So whats the golden wings/claws, or the Iron studded ring?
"
XNtrysyti wrote:
This is going to really mess with other Atlas strategies. This is fine for players that just run whatever map they want and push for high completion, but currently, the Atlas does NOT reward you for completion. It rewards you for running the same maps repeatedly with Elder/Shaper influence carefully boxed in properly, shaping maps, and stripping out maps that mess with your map drop pool.

New system sounds great, but only if completing Atlas Objectives only spawn on maps you've completed, don't affect Shaper/Elder influence, and don't consume sextants.

*Edit: But as long as this somehow manages to kill having to do daily Master rotas, I'll take it.

In my mind, no doubt considered simple by the "elite", the Atlas is meant to be filled (or at least to try and fill it). Just doing 2-3 maps over and over is ridiculous and extremely unfun; I play games for fun. But alas, not everyone enjoys the same things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info