[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Does it matter whether we use scepter, dagger or wand with a shield? Is it stats that matter?
"
Does it matter whether we use scepter, dagger or wand with a shield? Is it stats that matter?

If you specifically want to use Whirling Blades you need a dagger and for Shield Charge a fast weapon. But there is no need for either. Otherwise its all about stats when buying a weapon. If you want to craft yourself however, keep in mind that different affixes exist for different weapon types and check http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php.

what about inpulsa?
"
MillenniumDH wrote:
Would it be possible to switch to traps after reaching maps? Do passive tree and gearing require much change?

Yes I am doing traps right now, you can look at my tree if you want.

(warning: The tree im doing is extremely squishy not HC viable)
"
AnActualHorn wrote:
"
MillenniumDH wrote:
Would it be possible to switch to traps after reaching maps? Do passive tree and gearing require much change?

Yes I am doing traps right now, you can look at my tree if you want.

(warning: The tree im doing is extremely squishy not HC viable)

Hi I'm following ur current miner build and feel kinda squishy and was wondering if its suppose to feel that way? I followed the tankier tree but still from time to time get one shot by projectiles etc with mom and 4.7k life pool.

Also my crit chance is at 38.6% although i have spent a decent amount upgrading my gear. You said to generally aim for 50% or so?

If possible do you mind giving me some tips on what I can upgrade or improve? I greatly appreciate all the feedback.

This is my gear:

Thank you!
Last edited by Chaavy on Dec 14, 2018, 1:30:25 PM
First off, this is an excellent build. This is my first league and this build was simple and effective at great levelling speeds and great endgame mapping+.

I have recently switched to the GC version of this since I saw people talking about it.

I would like to ask for some pointers from the crowd on the GC build, am I doing it correctly? Are my gems optimal? What are my next upgrades I should look for? Do you just spam GC and Detonate when you kill bosses with it?

PoB: https://pastebin.com/nXNdP27h
PoB Arc(w/ Wrath) - Average Hit: 71468
PoB GC(w/ Hatred) - Average Hit: 53483
PoB Level: 91 - Life: 3775 - Mana: 2032 - Evasion: 1434 - Resists: 79/79/79/-13
(I don't focus on buying life/mana, maybe this is a flaw? I mostly only die to Syndicate 1-shots)

Last edited by mptrunks on Dec 14, 2018, 2:10:31 PM
Great build, thanks. It's a smooth leveling experience for sure, thanks to Arc.
For leveling (past 90) I'd recommend to swap out the essence worm for a rare ring with 100+ life and some chaos res (mana/res is a bonus), because it gives around 300 life which you will need for lv2/lv3 syndicate members.

Also swapping out Minefield (I'm trying added lightning dmg) once you get the +1 mine placed helm seems to be great, damage seems to be higher, but I gotta test it a bit more on a few bosses.
Edit: swapped Minefield back in, the extra 2 mines are way better for clearing. DPS is about the same.

My gear so far:
Spoiler

Last edited by octaldecimal on Dec 15, 2018, 6:46:02 AM
great build, would you mind posting pathofexile/trade search links for some example starter and endgame gear? Thank you!
"
SauMaris wrote:

The difference isn't that big but Sceptres are best
"
2. Mines have a higher DPS ceiling, especially considering you can clear with arc mines and gem swap to Glacial Cascade mines for single target if desired. Or just having Arc mines in a pseudo 5L Shaper Helm and GC mines in your 6L.

Am I reading this correctly - the build supports me swapping to Glacial Cascade anytime if I want to?

I've been considering playing either Arc or GC mines, so a build that can do either seems like a good place to start... but would I be losing much if I used only GC (for clearing as well)?

Edit - almost forgot to also ask this: is there a particular benefit from having 2 mine setups, one in helmet one in body armour, besides being able to quickly switch? Would swapping the main skill gem in whichever setup is more damaging be better?
Last edited by DawnBlue on Dec 14, 2018, 4:32:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info