[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

This is my current PoB for Delirium Herald abusing miner. Refer to it and not my characters as my miner will be transferred to a new char soon. If you have questions, let me know.

https://pastebin.com/mS5N3FNE

Thx you Sir
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

https://pastebin.com/sN4KtnRc

This is my PoB starter for newer players for Ball Lightning budget mines. 6k life, dodge, and will take you to red maps with 2-3 ex investment. Arc mines are kinda meh for me because single target is bad and Delirium adds so many mobs you lose a lot of damage clearing. The PoB includes a ton of information and is a good starting place. If you are ready for LL with 10-15 ex, I've got a LL PoB to switch over to as well.

I want to ask about this PoB. I think I understand all slots and gems but I have question about helmet. In PoB there are only 3 gems put into it. Not sure which gem should be fourth. Also - same with weapon. Same with weapon - in gem section it has 6 gems but in item section 5 link. I saw that this Staff has "support by blastchain mine".
Last edited by Niyaki_ on Apr 14, 2020, 4:05:43 AM
"
I want to ask about this PoB. I think I understand all slots and gems but I have question about helmet. In PoB there are only 3 gems put into it. Not sure which gem should be fourth. Also - same with weapon. Same with weapon - in gem section it has 6 gems but in item section 5 link. I saw that this Staff has "support by blastchain mine".

Helmet has Dash that needs 3 linked slots and Vaal RF.
Boots have only 3 gems which allows you to use Portal or Precision to fit your needs. Or you can move Stone Golem to boots and add an additional skill to CWDT.

Staff has 6 gems in it, 7th is Blastchain from Tremor, and 8th in the gem section is the flexible Slower Projectiles and Hypothermia that will be interchanged as needed. Hypothermia makes the ball move faster which is great for clear speed, but Slower Projectiles allows ball to hit more times per second which is good for bosses

You can take out High-Impact Mine if you want to, but it provides a double-damage aura and significantly reduces mana reservation with a 30% mana multiplier. Using Hypo instead of High-Impact is 3 mana vs 15 mana cost per throw.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Apr 14, 2020, 10:28:13 AM
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"

Helmet has Dash that needs 3 linked slots and Vaal RF.
Boots have only 3 gems which allows you to use Portal or Precision to fit your needs. Or you can move Stone Golem to boots and add an additional skill to CWDT.

Staff has 6 gems in it, 7th is Blastchain from Tremor, and 8th in the gem section is the flexible Slower Projectiles and Hypothermia that will be interchanged as needed. Hypothermia makes the ball move faster which is great for clear speed, but Slower Projectiles allows ball to hit more times per second which is good for bosses

You can take out High-Impact Mine if you want to, but it provides a double-damage aura and significantly reduces mana reservation with a 30% mana multiplier. Using Hypo instead of High-Impact is 3 mana vs 15 mana cost per throw.

Thank you really much for help. I'm lvling my miner now. 60 level atm. Will check how does it work with farming maps :D
Hi there. I am currently playing this miner in SSF (my first shot at SSF), and I was wondering if there is any reliable way to get Tremor Rod? Or farming 'The Tower' cards in Tower Map is really the only thing I can do besides hoping for Tremor to drop?

EDIT: Few more questions. I started as Arc Miner but switched to Ball Lightning. And as much as I love it's single target, it feels a bit unreliable in clearing compared to arc. I feel like if I don't throw mines exactly in the middle of pack, or press detonate a bit too early, its clearing very badly. It feels to me like there aren't enough balls to clear big packs consistently. Overall Arc felt smooth but lacked damage, BL has damage but isn't as smooth to me atm.

Also, what was that "passive leech CWDT setup" mentioned before?
Last edited by Dhol91 on May 24, 2020, 9:55:38 PM
"
Dhol91 wrote:
Hi there. I am currently playing this miner in SSF (my first shot at SSF), and I was wondering if there is any reliable way to get Tremor Rod? Or farming 'The Tower' cards in Tower Map is really the only thing I can do besides hoping for Tremor to drop?

No easy way to farm Tremor or LL gear in SSF, so you'll want to use dual wand or wand and shield. If you manage to get a Kaom's drop, maybe consider farming Tower.. but keep in mind you will have to farm those fusings to get the 6L yourself.

I never had an issue with clearing on BL aside from walls. Throw a few balls, follow the balls, throw another set, repeat. Ball Miner gets really strong with LL, but can't do that in SSF without insane RNG.

https://pastebin.com/yKAWKvCy

This is the set-up I recommend for ball farmers at starting. You've got a couple redundant points and stuff I don't recommend. However since you cannot get Kaom's, Tremor, and pure luck with the HP and mine clusters, will have to route stuff differently until getting them. Maybe farm Atziri's for a decent ele roll Atziri's flask to replace Granite if you need more dmg and chaos res.

The passive leech is CWDT + Desecrate + Volatile Dead + Life Leech (replacing life leech if you go LL with a bit of ES leech on tree). Level them to around 12 to separate from the level 1 CWDT set-up with Immortal Call.

SSF does not appeal to me, so only thing other thing I can recommend is maybe crafting some Toned boots and lab farming for flat dmg or pen. And using that 6L trick on armorer chests for maybe a life/res chests or just Divines. Then just a lot of RNG for wand and accessory upgrades.

Thinking a bit further.. you could actually farm Shav's if you farm that div card and then pray for Chayula breachstones for Chayula amulet and then go LL. Really nice dmg, ES, and ES leech upgrade.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
https://pastebin.com/yKAWKvCy

Thanks for the reply. Turns out I had bases for those clusters sitting in my stash (except for the medium being 6 passives, but will work for now) and crafted both below 10 alts. I switched my tree around to similar to yours with clusters, added Atziri Flask, switched Blastchain for Inspiration and indeed - clear is MUCH better. All I lost for that is some mana but gained more life so it's fine. I'll path more into your tree once I get right generic jewels.

Also looking at pastebin you provided had me thinking - why do you use MoM with below 200 unreserved mana? I haven't put Wrath in yet as I like that extra 500-600 eHP from MoM atm.

As for the Tremor Rod, I have over 50h played with that char and still no luck. I hope I can eventually get my hands on one. LL would be the ultimate goal, but I doubt I can spec into that before league ends. Nevertheless I am having tons of fun in SSF for the first time.
Last edited by Dhol91 on May 26, 2020, 8:59:33 AM
"
Dhol91 wrote:
Also looking at pastebin you provided had me thinking - why do you use MoM with below 200 unreserved mana? I haven't put Wrath in yet as I like that extra 500-600 eHP from MoM atm.

Oops, mistake! I quickly made that PoB from someone else's char and forgot to remove that. I haven't used MoM with mines since probably 3.7 or 3.8. Just put that 1 point anywhere else like life or dmg.

MoM is fine for newer players, but getting more life (later ES) makes better use of the sabo life regen because its % based and all that aura dmg helps for those juicy 1 detonate boss taps.
Still viable for 3.11?
kindly update this guide. thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info