[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Hey,

Thanks for a nice guide. I'm starting to collect some gear now and I'm working to get the 6-link on my Loreweave.

I think I've found a pretty nice helm but I'm not sure if my gem set-up is the best together with Arc. Do you have any recommendations for the gems?

I'm pretty new to the game so haven't really figured out all freedoms of the crafting and other modifiers that can be done on the items yet :)

It's the character named "SnowNinja" that I'd like some advice on, I probably should do the lab and get some mods on my boots, helm and gloves as well. Guess the added lightning damage when I haven't killed recently would be best?

Thanks in advance!
"
matMannen wrote:
Hey,
It's the character named "SnowNinja" that I'd like some advice on, I probably should do the lab and get some mods on my boots, helm and gloves as well. Guess the added lightning damage when I haven't killed recently would be best?

Thanks in advance!

For your helmet, Arc -> Minefield -> Trap and Mine Damage -> Inspiration
Unfortunately, the gain power charge on kill does not proc when using mines.

For boots you want either the # to # added lightning or elemental penetration. Gloves/Helm enchant aren't as important and are more of a luxury.

I am not able to view your characters though.
Last edited by etherel90 on Jan 7, 2020, 12:15:54 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback. Going to grab some new gear when I get home later. Does anyone have a good 6 link gem setup for ball lightning? I'm lost on what supports to use.
"
mbpiac6 wrote:
Thanks so much for the feedback. Going to grab some new gear when I get home later. Does anyone have a good 6 link gem setup for ball lightning? I'm lost on what supports to use.

I'm using Inspiration + Slower Projectiles + Elemental Focus + Trap and Mine + High Impact
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
matMannen wrote:
Hey,

Thanks in advance!

For your helmet, Arc -> Minefield -> Trap and Mine Damage -> Inspiration
Unfortunately, the gain power charge on kill does not proc when using mines.

For boots you want either the # to # added lightning or elemental penetration. Gloves/Helm enchant aren't as important and are more of a luxury.

I am not able to view your characters though.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you see it now? Think I ticked the right box to make it public.

Regarding Minefield, is it really needed for Arc? Doesn't it spread good enough? Or maybe I should try it out myself? :P

Is ball lightning best single target dps now?
"
matMannen wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Can you see it now? Think I ticked the right box to make it public.

Regarding Minefield, is it really needed for Arc? Doesn't it spread good enough? Or maybe I should try it out myself? :P

Spoiler
Yes, I can see it now. A lvl 21 arc will chain +8 times, so if you are one shotting, you're killing 9 mobs at a time. I'd rather have minefield for clearing whole packs, but I'd suggest you try it and see for yourself. If you are worried about losing the cold damage for freezing, pick up a Call of the Brotherhood ring, that should solve all your freezing needs.

Get an anointment on your amulet. Destructive Apparatus is good. Getting a 6 link will hugely increase your single target damage. Go for a 6L rare with some life/resit, should be like 40-60c or less. Then try to get a 6L loreweave when you can. And yes, I think you'll have a lot more damage with Ball Lightning over ice spear.

You are running Zealotry and Skitterbots which is going to severely reduce your unreserved mana pool which is extra life with MoM. Either drop Zealotry for precision lvl 1 or put your zealotry in an essence worm ring.

Try to get an enchantment on your boots, either flat light damage when you haven't killed recently or ele penetration if you haven't killed recently. Big damage upgrade as your mines don't count as "you" killing.

I'd also switch out your basalt flask for an atziri's promise.

With your passive tree, I would remove your mana nodes like Deep Thoughts, Mystic Bulwark, Prodigal Perfection, Arcane Will and spec down into Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics, then go back to those later when you get more points. You can also remove the increased critical strike chance node from the Successive Detonation cluster and you can also get rid of Elemental Focus. Make the Throatseeker cluster a priority too, it should be a damage increase over Saboteur until you get enough points for both.

Replace your jewels with ones that have life and global crit multi as well, when you can.
Thank you so much for the tips, have sorted most already.

With Righteous Fire.. this skill always terrifies me...
this build looks fun and i wanna make it , just a quick question , can i do hogm deathless with this build?
"
dark_nebula wrote:
Thank you so much for the tips, have sorted most already.

With Righteous Fire.. this skill always terrifies me...

You need to be using Vaal Righteous Fire, and only the vaal portion of the skill. It's a quick trade of life for temporary spell damage. You just pop it on bosses before you detonate your Ball Lightning.

"
Hosein009 wrote:

this build looks fun and i wanna make it , just a quick question , can i do hogm deathless with this build?

I've never done HotGM so I'm not sure but I've heard mine builds have the easiest time with it.
Last edited by etherel90 on Jan 7, 2020, 3:50:23 PM
"
etherel90 wrote:
"
matMannen wrote:

Spoiler
Yes, I can see it now. A lvl 21 arc will chain +8 times, so if you are one shotting, you're killing 9 mobs at a time. I'd rather have minefield for clearing whole packs, but I'd suggest you try it and see for yourself. If you are worried about losing the cold damage for freezing, pick up a Call of the Brotherhood ring, that should solve all your freezing needs.

Get an anointment on your amulet. Destructive Apparatus is good. Getting a 6 link will hugely increase your single target damage. Go for a 6L rare with some life/resit, should be like 40-60c or less. Then try to get a 6L loreweave when you can. And yes, I think you'll have a lot more damage with Ball Lightning over ice spear.

You are running Zealotry and Skitterbots which is going to severely reduce your unreserved mana pool which is extra life with MoM. Either drop Zealotry for precision lvl 1 or put your zealotry in an essence worm ring.

Try to get an enchantment on your boots, either flat light damage when you haven't killed recently or ele penetration if you haven't killed recently. Big damage upgrade as your mines don't count as "you" killing.

I'd also switch out your basalt flask for an atziri's promise.

With your passive tree, I would remove your mana nodes like Deep Thoughts, Mystic Bulwark, Prodigal Perfection, Arcane Will and spec down into Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics, then go back to those later when you get more points. You can also remove the increased critical strike chance node from the Successive Detonation cluster and you can also get rid of Elemental Focus. Make the Throatseeker cluster a priority too, it should be a damage increase over Saboteur until you get enough points for both.

Replace your jewels with ones that have life and global crit multi as well, when you can.

Thanks for the help! I'll try to get all of these tips in steps :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info