[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

If im swapping pyroclast for ball lightning, and im following aerirors gem links, in what priority should i use? do you still use the totem for detonate mines?

Last edited by AquariusLord on Dec 28, 2019, 4:59:50 AM
"
AquariusLord wrote:
If im swapping pyroclast for ball lightning, and im following aerirors gem links, in what priority should i use? do you still use the totem for detonate mines?

Also following it right now and made the switch so maybe I can help you. The link with the spell totem is not needed and was just Quality of life from the beginning. The extra CwDT link with Immortal Call seems to really help a lot for me, but I also kept Vaal Righteous Fire for more burst. You can just check out my char and see for yourself.

Also just play with it in path of building, import your char and swap out gems and stuff and see how the dps changes, this way I optimized a bit.
"
AquariusLord wrote:
what type of maps is this build unable to play?

I am able to do all content with this build. Since we have a mana and life flask no reg is no problem and elemental reflect doesn't affect the build either, since the mines do the damage and not you. So you don't take any reflect damage.
"
verozo wrote:

I'm following your tree and gem setup, got a question: how do you keep up skitterbots and precision aura while still having MoM? Don't they take up almost all mana?

I also use skitterbots and precision and you reserve around 50%, precision is negligible. I am a bit over 1k mana currently and it is certainly not optimal for a health pool of around 4.2k but is ok. I don't use Infernal Legion Support though for skitterbots, since it increases the mana reservation to much for me.
"
so i try to use spell totem but it doesn't work somehow i place my mines then totem but they dont detonate automatically,what am i missing?

There need to be enemies near the totem in order to trigger it's effect. I only used it for bosses and dropped it completely by now.
guys i need your opinion on my arc gem link not sure if it is good since its my first time
heres the pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/deRP8g0Q

Thanks a lot!!
"
AquariusLord wrote:
guys i need your opinion on my arc gem link not sure if it is good since its my first time
heres the pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/deRP8g0Q
Thanks a lot!!

Would not socket in Hypothermia, use Trap and Mine Damage instead. It gives you 59% damage with 20/20, while Hypothermia gives you 39%, if the enemy is chilled, which won't be always the case and you won't benefit from the Damage over time component on Hypothermia. With Arc you want to stack as much damage as you can so you can clear packs with one rotation of mine throws from minefield.

You probably want to look out for a Helmet with Blastchain Mine Support, so you can get a pseudo 5 link and replace Blastchain Mine in the link with Added Cold damage or Inspiration, check with PoB what gives you more of a damage increase (don't forget to set activate, that you have inspiration in PoB in the configuraiton settings). The guide says what other good stats you should look out on a helmet, just follow these + Blastchain Mine Support.
Anyone with a tremor rod -

Have you been using Pyroclast Mine with it and is the detonation time a problem (the second mine can't detonate until the pyroclast nova animation finishes)? If you have a tremor rod, is Ice Spear a better option because of that?
what would be a good anointment on your amulet now?

"
Khlymidia wrote:
what would be a good anointment on your amulet now?

Destructive Apparatus is nice, I also had Storm Weaver, actually had more damage with Storm Weaver, but the added throwing speed and damage reduction on Destructive Apparatus is nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info