[3.6] Scourge Arrow / Rain of Arrows Ascendant (All Content)

"

Another question about the helmet, obviously I don't have the money to buy a 2 socket lightpoacher or hale negator. But what about a 1 socket lightpoacher with the enchantment? Or just go for the rare.

Rare with one socket is better than a one socket Lightpoacher since it only gives us +15% to all res together with those useless projectiles. Meanwhile with a rare helmet you can get more life and even some offensive stats. A Hale Negator with one socket could rival a rare, though I don't think it's easy to find one with an enchant.
Last edited by b5001 on Jan 11, 2019, 7:36:14 AM
"
"
crispyexcal wrote:
What is your opinion on the Hopeshredder version of this build?

Seems pretty good to me, especially the PoB DPS. Looking at the guy's videos (I assume you're talking about https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2228779) I'd expect faster kills with the 5M+ DPS he has. Maybe his gear wasn't that good when he made those. Making a separate setup for Rain of Arrows with Mirage Archer is also clever.
By the way, Hyrri's Ire got a huge buff in terms of flat damage. Might be worth looking into.

I have played both versions of the build and I have to say that Hopeshredder just can't compete with a good rare bow..After I opted out of the Hopeshredder / Farrul's setup(which is annoying af btw) and went for pure lightning I started to oneshot guardians with one fully charged scourge arrow. Fully buffed I do approx. 750k lightning dmg with a single hit, which is plenty enough to shock every mob in the game.

I dont't wanna discredit the Hopeshredder build in any way, but when I played this setup my kills looked more or less like those in the videos. And I got pretty annoyed by the sound of charges running out constantly thanks to cats stealth/ Farruls Fur..
What pantheons you recommend?
"
MiguelFg wrote:
What pantheons you recommend?

We use soul of Arrakali with the first upgrade soul of Arachnoxia since we use Blood rage+ cwdt/ic combo, so we have 50% increased leech whenever we get hit.

Minor souls are personal preference and not that important, I'm using the ms and the poison immune ones for the most part.
Thanks for this I could not stand the farruls fur build:)

How do you guys get so much damage though? Ive been trying to run all the numbers in path of building but I cant get anywhere near s0mosh DPS.

im not sure what im missing and the build is a bit all over the palce atm because I wanted to go over to more lightning dmg+ lightning pen like s0mosh.

Found out it a bit out of my price range atm though:)

Is it the bow/quiver thats not good enough, the helmet or just not enough ele dmg on my jewels?

A bit lost on were to upgrade and I can probably spend another 50 ex on the gear I have now

Things I already plan to change:

1. Bow 6 link just not sure what gems to use yet or if I should switch to kaoms corrupted.

2. new helmet if I can find the right enchant for sale.

3. Might switch over to lightning damage jewels instead and then switch belt, armor, watchers eye.

But even with those changes i get maybe 1-1.5M dps and I can see you guys have way more so not sure what im missing.

"
Intervation wrote:
Thanks for this I could not stand the farruls fur build:)

How do you guys get so much damage though? Ive been trying to run all the numbers in path of building but I cant get anywhere near s0mosh DPS.

im not sure what im missing and the build is a bit all over the palce atm because I wanted to go over to more lightning dmg+ lightning pen like s0mosh.

Found out it a bit out of my price range atm though:)

Is it the bow/quiver thats not good enough, the helmet or just not enough ele dmg on my jewels?

A bit lost on were to upgrade and I can probably spend another 50 ex on the gear I have now

Things I already plan to change:

1. Bow 6 link just not sure what gems to use yet or if I should switch to kaoms corrupted.

2. new helmet if I can find the right enchant for sale.

3. Might switch over to lightning damage jewels instead and then switch belt, armor, watchers eye.

But even with those changes i get maybe 1-1.5M dps and I can see you guys have way more so not sure what im missing.

In my PoB you already have 1.9m shaper dps without any flasks active, so you might be missing something there..

The best upgrades for more dps imo would be a Lightpoacher with 2 sockets, so you can balance your resists a little better. You have to get rid of your quiver, which is not very good dps- wise. Mine cost me about 1 exalt + multimod so its very affordable.

You can switch over to pure lightning dmg but be aware that this can be very costly if you want to do it right. Getting a bit more cold dmg and switch inc crit strikes for hypothermia would be the better move maybe..

Shroud will give you more dmg no matter what, cause the penetration affects all elemental dmg sources + the extra jewel socket.
If you want to feel more safe and you can live without RoA, go for a Kaom's :)

Thanks for the tips!

Went ahead and bought a new quiver and helmet, just need to save for proper jewels now:)

Did a very similar build to this changed up a little and went away from mark of the elder and assasins mark ring. This build is really strong even in 3.5

This is my gear and having about 2M shaper dps

Spoiler
This together with unnatural instinct, might of the meek x2 and 5 extra abyss jewels with life + lightning damage
Last edited by Beda_VARTA on Jan 16, 2019, 8:07:37 AM
"
Beda_VARTA wrote:
Did a very similar build to this changed up a little and went away from mark of the elder and assasins mark ring. This build is really strong even in 3.5

Spoiler
This together with unnatural instinct, might of the meek x2 and 5 extra abyss jewels with life + lightning damage

Why? Your rings don't offer any reasonable benefit over Mark of the Elder + assasin's mark. You're just loosing a huge chunk of damage imo. Or did I miss something?
Last edited by s0mosh on Jan 16, 2019, 5:52:55 AM
"
Beda_VARTA wrote:

Spoiler

Aside from resistances, I don't see a reason as to why you would want to use an Opal Ring like the one you have. You're missing out on a potential additional 4% more DPS while also not getting any life, which in my opinion you desperately need as you only have 5.5k of it.

You can get more DPS with much higher life in general.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info