[3.6] Immortal Blade Flurry Assassin - Face-tank All Content - [CAN BE DONE ON BUDGET!] - 1 MIL+ DPS

"
"
Skinnefjes wrote:
[IMAGE]

https://pastebin.com/0rKZWfgc

I think i did this the correct way, but i have never imported my char into path of building before :P

Thanks for helping :)

Your character looks pretty good. With the Assassin passive, you sit at about 95% critical strike chance on full/low life so you are good there.

You got a good amount of life on your items too so you are also good in that regard. I guess the next step would be to increase your DPS with some more crit multi on your items and jewels. Another thing to suggest is that you need quality on your gems for an extra boost in DPS as well, but it is looking solid though.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. :)

Good luck!

UElder down with this build bro ?
"
Skinnefjes wrote:
One last thing I have been wondering about lately. Im closing in on the Unwavering stance + Iron Reflexes nodes. Should I go for iron reflexes first? I feel like that would be the safest node to take first, but im not sure. Or is it mostly about preference.

Once again, thanks for helping me out :)

I think this really depends on you. I only grabbed it earlier on because my character was tanky enough and dealt enough damage to sustain. I would recommend if you are not having problems with end-game bosses, then you don't really need to grab Unwavering Stance yet. In the Uber Elder fight though, I would suggest you grab it because stun sucks on Uber Elder.

If this is the case, I would wait until you can grab Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflexes. The extra armor/defense can sometimes save you from a one shot or burst damage.

Really, it is preference at this point. IF you are noticing that you are not having problems with stuns, then you don't really need to grab it until you get to Uber Elder. But, you can also beat Uber Elder without Unwavering Stance but it might be safer in case of being stunned or being stun locked.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
"
RIDEK1992 wrote:

Uber Elder has gone done with this build. My buddy also downed Uber Elder with it. I will try to get some footage when I can. Currently writing 5 guides at the same time right now so I am juggling pretty hard right now.

We already use Dream Fragments so we take care of the chill/slow from Uber Elder, and we also use Unwavering Stance at this point so as long as you Whirling Blades out of certain attacks and just keep using Blade Flurry on release, Uber Elder is pretty smooth.

Yes, we can face-tank a majority of the content, but you would rather play it safer on Uber Elder. I would also recommend grabbing Ryslatha as your minor god with a life flask just for increased security, safety and survivability. I have done it without it, but you can cover errors a lot easier having potential infinite life flasks. This is even more so if you are actually using Whirling Blades to avoid attacks. It is really just a back up plan.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
"
"
RIDEK1992 wrote:

Uber Elder has gone done with this build. My buddy also downed Uber Elder with it. I will try to get some footage when I can. Currently writing 5 guides at the same time right now so I am juggling pretty hard right now.

We already use Dream Fragments so we take care of the chill/slow from Uber Elder, and we also use Unwavering Stance at this point so as long as you Whirling Blades out of certain attacks and just keep using Blade Flurry on release, Uber Elder is pretty smooth.

Yes, we can face-tank a majority of the content, but you would rather play it safer on Uber Elder. I would also recommend grabbing Ryslatha as your minor god with a life flask just for increased security, safety and survivability. I have done it without it, but you can cover errors a lot easier having potential infinite life flasks. This is even more so if you are actually using Whirling Blades to avoid attacks. It is really just a back up plan.

Good luck!

Ty. i`m leveling this build right now. I like it, but we will see at endgame :)
What skill use for leveling ?
"
RIDEK1992 wrote:
Ty. i`m leveling this build right now. I like it, but we will see at endgame :)
What skill use for leveling ?

I actually used Double Strike with Ornament of the East until I was able to get a Lycosidae and when I was able to use my Bloodseeker. Life gain on hit with a claw along with 100% hit chance makes your survivability really easy earlier on.

It really is just your preference. I do the same leveling route for my melee characters until I get to the level when I can use all of my gear and gems.

Good luck.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 31, 2018, 8:45:49 AM
One thing I don't understand :
- While we instant leech, and if we cannot be stun or freeze... the only thing that can kill us is OS
for not being OS, we can :
* increase life
* mitigate the income damage
increasing more life can be difficult... so let a look to mitigate

instead of evade some attacks, it's much better to mitigate all the incoming damage (iron reflex) but why keep acrobatics in this case ?

armor can be easily maxout with ironreflex + flask+3000 + flask+99%
but with acrobatic, it's juste a global -50%
Acrobatic prevent some dmg, for sur, but not that way (I understand that it's like evade, but not deterministic)

The fact is, if I grab 75%resist elemental, 75%phys dmg reduction, no stun, instant leech, it's just perfect

With that in mind, an ascendant juggernaut/assassin can be powerful
(no need lycosidae, no need kaom boot, so it's easier to equip) juste take 2*bloodseeker + iron reflex
You have endurance charge in bonus
(does phys dmg reduction reduct bleeding ?)

I want to try this, but I don't know enough the game to be sur i'm fine with all the mecanism (sometime gloomy).

thank you for all your answer, it's very interesting !
"
tpacpc wrote:
One thing I don't understand :
- While we instant leech, and if we cannot be stun or freeze... the only thing that can kill us is OS
for not being OS, we can :
* increase life
* mitigate the income damage
increasing more life can be difficult... so let a look to mitigate

instead of evade some attacks, it's much better to mitigate all the incoming damage (iron reflex) but why keep acrobatics in this case ?

armor can be easily maxout with ironreflex + flask+3000 + flask+99%
but with acrobatic, it's juste a global -50%
Acrobatic prevent some dmg, for sur, but not that way (I understand that it's like evade, but not deterministic)

The fact is, if I grab 75%resist elemental, 75%phys dmg reduction, no stun, instant leech, it's just perfect

With that in mind, an ascendant juggernaut/assassin can be powerful
(no need lycosidae, no need kaom boot, so it's easier to equip) juste take 2*bloodseeker + iron reflex
You have endurance charge in bonus
(does phys dmg reduction reduct bleeding ?)

I want to try this, but I don't know enough the game to be sur i'm fine with all the mecanism (sometime gloomy).

thank you for all your answer, it's very interesting !

Though armor for physical damage is important, it is a bit less redundant later in the game. You will see that evading/dodging is a lot more superior in the end-game. Take Hardcore players for example, this is why you might see a lot of people grabbing Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics because it is easily one of the best defensive options in the game hands down.

Iron Reflexes is just to take the abandoned evasion and putting it to use rather than just having it sit there because of Unwavering Stance. There is a jewel socket in that area that we grab which gets us another jewel to get more life and crit multi as well. Really, if you don't want to use it though (which I would not recommend), then you can choose another route to take the tree as well. Maybe more life or grabbing another potential jewel socket. Up to you. You will really see how much that node can work wonders for the build though.

I would still recommend not taking Unwavering Stance unless you are doing end-game content or when you are confident in your DPS and survivability. Really, we are only really grabbing Acrobatics to reach Phase Acrobatics because that node is just broken. Phase Acrobatics saves you so much that you do not realize it at times.

For pure DPS, going Assassin is a lot better, but if you want to play a utility version of this build, Scion is a great choice. Someone had a similar question about using a Scion before and I said that you have more utility options to take the build if you do. Really, just preference at that point.

Let me know if you got any more questions.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
I believe you (I never reach end-content)
I just want to understand...
- 75%resist elemental is easy to understand
- 75%phys dmg reduction is not easy to understand
(and you say, about armor : "it is a bit less redundant later in the game")

Can you simply explain this point ?

"
tpacpc wrote:
I believe you (I never reach end-content)
I just want to understand...
- 75%resist elemental is easy to understand
- 75%phys dmg reduction is not easy to understand
(and you say, about armor : "it is a bit less redundant later in the game")

Can you simply explain this point ?

This build in general does not have much physical damage reduction just because we take Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics. This is why grabbing life on our gear and making sure we put Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics to use is important for our survivability.

When I say armor is less redundant in the end-game, it basically means that armor does not play as huge of a role later in the game as it does early game. Enemies are so much stronger later that you have better chances of survival if they have a higher chance to miss their attacks, than letting yourself get hit relying on armor to mitigate the damage.

This is very important for this build because it gives us a lot more survivability and time to instant leech our health back up. Also great for rapid bursts of damage. Let's say that an enemy attacks you 10 times with a skill. If you have a lot armor and don't have any dodge/evade for example, you will take all 10 hits. Even with armor, you are still eating all of that damage and only mitigate each hit by so little at this point where it doesn't make a huge difference. You could just end up straight dying and all 10 hits may not even be required to kill you.

With us having the dodge/evasion, there is a chance that only 5-6 of these hits will hit us instead. We completely ignore some of this damage because we dodge it. Having those gaps where we dodged will get us more time to instant leech our health back up. We also have a CWDT setup that pops frequently alongside of all of these other defensive tools so survival is not too bad once you get everything setup and going.

Hopefully this explains a bit more. Let me know if you still have any questions. I'm here to help. :)

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 31, 2018, 10:31:25 AM
ok ok
In this case (this build) we take iron reflex only because we take unwavering stance (cannot evade anymore)

In the scion case, just to imagine, if I take stun immune from juggernaut, I keep evade and don't take iron reflex, because evading is better than armor in this case (with acrobatics, of course)

In general, I suppose it depends the build, how much evade/ how much armor we talk about to prefer take or not the iron reflex
armor is better to mitigate multiple little hit, and evade is more..."general"
evade + ennemy blind > all, if I understand well

I don't find any value of monster/boss hits, just to, you know, calculate on a paper

that's it ?

thanks a lot !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info