Best starter build you have played?

BV Chieftan was pretty good this league, a bit tankier than the elementalist and you don't need an Inpulsa's or indeed any other uniques.
arc totem hierophant. cheap, relatively tanky and fast clearer. can also do end-game content with enough investment.
"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
Witch Golemancer. Can do everything until shaper easily and with some farming (to buy all the harmonies and might/anima stone) also Uber Elder.

Levelling is basically SRS until you get one or two clayshapers or/and got through normal lab
Here is mine: https://pastebin.com/0g3zkwpB (in some cases it makes sense to remove the the primordial chain, i.e. when the golems need more life to survive. for minotaur for example)
Thank you all so much for the ideas.
Next league i will be playing with two friends which are not that much into PoE details. So need to take care of them two at least by picking some good starters. Ofc I will wait for the patch notes and see what more experienced players will recommend.

My pe

@Adambjjoz
Tyvm for the effort of making that extensive list of builds and videos. Today i will start a summoner to see what's that all about. Never played one, so it will be fun. :)
Dirt cheep builds is something that's on my list of priorities.

@Exxxiled665

Arc totems are also very good pick. Will look into GC also.
@Zionyaru
That's also great and tanky starter. I would pick that if i decide to go Uber Lab farming route. I'm just not sure how to sustain offerings or should i buy them?

@Tides5
I only know about Whispering Ice from vendoring it. xD Jokes aside, i will look into starters with Whispering staff.
Oni-Goroshi is one of my favorite items but i think i will skip it this time just because it deosn't fit right now in my idea of league start.
With starter this time i just want complete efficiency (bang for a buck and clear speed) from t1-t10 and not above. By either farming it or buying it, I will be loosing 20h of farming or ~50-60c to buy one. Either way this time I have something else in mind.
Surely ty for the ideas. :)

@Carlovski

You said it yourself. Arc is better atm. :)

Well, i was starting about 2 or 3 leagues with summoner and this is more or less easy. Golems + spectres or whatever you wish + spectres (zombies, skeles).

I've tried also totems, arc one and warchief one, and while they are pretty strong and cheap, I personally don't like playstyle: too many clicks for placing totems, same goes for arc trapper. Becides, you are glass cannon.

This league I decided to start with scion and respec him to whatever is meta. I've leveled with toxic rain and lighning arrow (pretty smooth), farmed some exalts and respecced to elehit. Yes, it was nerfed for like 30% damage but it is still ultimate no-brain endgame build when you clear whole screen with one click. Also in this league we had insane crafted bows and -fire resistance for enemies on helm. Completed 38/40 and 600 delve no problem. Was lazy to get level 100 but it is easiest build to get it. 10k hp, 6k leech, shitloads of damage.

Gonna try smth new next time but not sure what build can beat elehit (
@esostaks
Arc Elementalist if fantastic allrounder. Atm it's my 1st pick as a starter which can comfortably transfer to mf char that at lvl90 can farm any map from t1-t15. I was farming T15 with 4.5k life and Orb of Storms linked to Arcane Surge just to see how much can it do. Inpulsa is doing all the hard work btw.
My personal favorite atm but i would not recommend maxing the build cause it will require some serious investment that is just not justified for what you get. There are better builds to sink some ex into.

@Zphyr
I can confirm this personally cause I tested it 2 days ago. On a 5c budget Arc trapper can comfortably clear T10.
I will just add that build requires constant use of mana flask which is too annoying for me. But bang for buck, i don't think it gets any better.

@RandallPOE
Beeftain is also good one. Tnx.

@kuddman
Tnx, that seems very interesting, will look into.

@hwat
Yeah i get you, im lazy too. xD
Tnx for the reply.

@k0olpka

Try Enki's Arc Elementalist witch, it's very beginner friendly and has very well written guide.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Nov 15, 2018, 7:50:58 AM
@TorsteinTheFallen

Yeah, mana is indeed quite lacking early on.
However, I found that soon afterwards it ceases to be problem and can be easily sustained without any mana flask. But then it can also be because I was playing with my bf and he likes to play slowly...

With the incoming cold skills rework, and considering how reworked skills are usually very OP, some of them may also be nice and cheap starter builds.
Never ended for me. I was at lvl80 (Shimmeron,Loreweave arc traps) and mana was constant problem. On 6L you are using 70+ mana per throw so if you are going fast or spamming traps vs bosses, it's was impossible to play without mana flask.

Can't wait to see new skills. :)
Arc totem is as good as it gets in my opinion. can do almost everything with almost no investment at all.
Arc Totem Heirophant.

What sets this apart imo is progression of the build and options...
You can get it off the ground with litteraly nothing which is perfect for a league starter. But the best part about this setup is not only can you take it all the way up to T15 with zero investment other than levels and whatever you find on the ground.. Its also very Safe with or without investment.

But, once you do start actually investing in the setup you can litteraly take it ALL content and do everything in the game... Including Uber Elder. And quite easily i might add since defenses will be insane especially if opt for 60% MOM with Indigon and 10K Mana... And if you REALLY want to insure a deathless run just throw on that Zerphi's Flask and you will Insta-Regen all your life from just popping totems which also makes your damage.

And that's just ONE of the ways to scale it into extreme endgame.. You could do Soul Mantle, you could go full on Crit with Multi Stacking, you could go Ignite Based and scaling Arc as a very powerful DOT with Decay, you could completely rip out Arc and litteraly replace it with ANY spell you enjoy and still take it to everything in the game. Thats what makes Totem Herio in general special to me. Not many other classes your gonna get that kinda service out of on a SSF-Zero budget and be able to scale it that far with investment.

"
golan4840 wrote:
Arc totem is as good as it gets in my opinion. can do almost everything with almost no investment at all.

I did do everything up to Uber Elder including T15 Elder and Friends as well as shaper on mine still rocking a tabula and completely self found gear in Incursion. Indigon being added to the build changed it completely though. Like to the point i litteraly removed every single damage node on my tree for mana... to make more/the best damage.. Which also served as half and then over half of my Defenses as well as damage. I had so much mana and mana regen that once i was going even if i took a huge hit it almost didn't seem to ever touch my mana at all even at 60% i would have to nearly get one shot to only see less than 1/3rd of my mana get chunked off to insta regen.. it was nuts. Tankiest shit i played since my Jugg for sure. With retarded damage. Hahaha

I could also highly recommend BV Chieftain but prepare to actually need to get some upgrades for the high end of Red Maps and going into Shaper for sure.. Arc Herio wont run into that. You should be fine up Uber Elder at which point even that is possible on garbage gear and a tabula but its gonna be a rough kill for sure. I sure as hell didn't even try it was hard enough with good gear and indigon.

Now that's the EASY one... another one ive personally discovered that i think ill be doing this coming league is Self Cast VD... Holy Shit you guys claiming Poet's Pen needs a nerf have very quite obviously NEVER played with VD on its own... holy fuck no wonder it makes that kinda damage on a 3L with PP.... hahahahaha It feels a little clunky at first to play but once you see the potential you just get sucked into the build and want to see how far you can push it. And there's tons of options for it as well which is always what keeps me sucked into a build. Already tested it on a Trickster with PP and Void Battery and working on a Guardian Minion Based setup ATM. Super Fun.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Nov 15, 2018, 9:13:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info