[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

I have a currency farmer.... earthshatter impale. Is this build worth saving up for so that I can have an awesome boss killer/ clear build? Or should I look somewhere else for that?
"
cjbender wrote:
I have a currency farmer.... earthshatter impale. Is this build worth saving up for so that I can have an awesome boss killer/ clear build? Or should I look somewhere else for that?

I find myself suffering a bit in higher red maps, depending on the mods. Did kill Sirus on A4 without much trouble. Died once due to my own stupidity, but I would say the damage feels pretty good. Obviously most builds can't avoid all 1 shots, but I am trying to use flesh & stone in sand stance for blind + keep jade flask up to avoid most damage.
October 6th, 2020
Videos:
* Added 20 new videos, 5 conquerors with their citadel for Puncture and Classic builds, with and without harvest gear.
* Updated note description to better fit this format (and to let people know i suck at Sirus).

==============

There might be for more minor changes in future. For now i gotta focus on doing the same.

As for Sirus, i almost never fought him other than couple of times over last year in standard. It shows how bad i am at it, but you can also see visible improvement over time. Chronological order i recorded each conqueror cycle:

Classic -> Classic Harvest -> Puncture Harvest -> Puncture -> CA Harvest -> CA

So naturally, classic videos suffered a lot.

"
siihb wrote:
Spoiler
Great build.

Any updates regarding the new gem types?

Divergent Vulnerability seems better than base.
Divergent Malevolence seems better if you get closer as it ups bleeding damage at the cost of less area from corrupted base Malevolence.
Divergent Dash with the phasing grant seems superior as well.

Have you checked Gem Setups section? Because you can find a list of all worthwhile alternate quality gems there.

"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Spoiler
Ack, just died to Enslaver lol. I do need to round out pantheons, but otherwise feel like my defense isnt too bad. Do have to be patient/smart with Assailum though.

Enslaver actually killed my original bleed bow character back in 3.4. His ignites are just deadly.

Not being able to dodge while attacking is what makes me hate Assailum. By just using Puncture i'll get nearly the same average damage as i would with that helmet. Plus you're more likely to get screwed by bad rng. I much, much prefer mobility (which equals safety) and consistency.

Also for the love of god PLEASE ROLL YOUR FLASK. I specifically made it a goal because absolute majority of players don't care about them, and it's the easiest way to get lots of defence while mapping.

"
Dirhyn wrote:
Spoiler
So I was lucky enough to drop a Replica Farrul's Fur and want to try your classic build. Can you expend a little more on what the gem setup is ? Is it worth using an Anomalous Siege Ballista (+2 arrows) to free up a socket on tree ?
Thanks !
Btw, I love this build!

Unfortunately Replica Farrul's Fur DOESN'T work well for classic build. It's probably BiS for Puncture version instead. Normal Farrul's is required to extend Crimson Dance uptime. In theory you could use it, but you'll sacrifice a lot of damage that way.

I already mention all gem changes inside that section, there's only one and it's Puncture -> Siege Ballista. Also socketing Less Duration inside gear with Aspect of the Cat. That's it.

It's your choice if you want to you use +2 arrows Siege Ballista gem. I clearly state pros and cons in alternate quality gems section.

"
cjbender wrote:

I just added new videos, check them to see if you like how the builds plays out in end game.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Ah thanks! Yeah i noticed last night im missing freeze, thought i had it on the Quartz Flask. Will definitely fix those up :D
Is this build SSF viable?
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Ah thanks! Yeah i noticed last night im missing freeze, thought i had it on the Quartz Flask. Will definitely fix those up :D

IMO you need more than that. I always roll my flasks to best possible setup as soon as i can. It's easy enough with beastcrafting being a thing.

"
Is this build SSF viable?

Come on, don't be lazy. It's stated in pros&cons and FAQ, so where you should've look for answer to begin with.

FAQ: How does it perform in SSF?
A: Mediocre. Due to limited gear acquisition you will often hit a wall starting from ~white/yellow maps transition. It's caused by Ryslatha's Coil being ridiculously rare which heavily hinders the build. It forces you to have 100% bleed damage elder mod which also might be hard to obtain early on. Same issue with acquiring oils for amulet annointment. All combined slows progression considerably. If you're fine it, feel free to try.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Yeah, i re-rolled i think all or most my flasks that day :).

Does help. I watched a couple of the new 3.12 videos you posted as well. Your damage does look pretty solid without assailum, i may give that a try to boost HP some, see how it feels (would need to 6L the bow first). Prior to having the elder bow, I found assailum damage increase was really nice. Though given I'm channeling a single shot, trash mobs getting in the way of the target is more trouble. Overall I think snipe is super cool, and I love it as a mechanic, but I think playing around to find what feels best is always a good idea.
Last edited by agm_ultimatex on Oct 8, 2020, 5:39:17 PM

Hello, hopefully you are doing great! I was wondering what is my next upgrade, should I go for Farrul's Fur? and try to get Aspect of the cat on boots..?

Im open tu suggestions! Thank you in advance
Up to level 97 with this build, I levelled from 96 to 97 only running heists and grand heists.
Only died once, when distracted by trade messages and in a hurry. Otherwise I think heists are no problem once you have enough health and don't rush frantically through door entrances. The recent patches definitely made Heist a lot more enjoyable (and less deadly.) My only gripe being that you don't have the most mobility with the build. Wondering if I should add another movement skill, at least for heist which isn't the most mob dense at times for flask refills (I spam too much) or onslaught procs.

Been going pretty hard and trading a lot so my gear is kinda maxed out without some silly investments for smallish gain. Made some great live search deals, both rings cost me total 2ex and bow was only 5ex unlinked, which I 6 linked in 250 fusings then exalt slammed the blind ;(

My gear:

Spoiler

Last edited by Ridman on Oct 8, 2020, 9:04:09 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:
October 6th, 2020
Videos:
* Added 20 new videos, 5 conquerors with their citadel for Puncture and Classic builds, with and without harvest gear.
* Updated note description to better fit this format (and to let people know i suck at Sirus).

==============

There might be for more minor changes in future. For now i gotta focus on doing the same.

As for Sirus, i almost never fought him other than couple of times over last year in standard. It shows how bad i am at it, but you can also see visible improvement over time. Chronological order i recorded each conqueror cycle:

Classic -> Classic Harvest -> Puncture Harvest -> Puncture -> CA Harvest -> CA

So naturally, classic videos suffered a lot.

"
siihb wrote:
Spoiler
Great build.

Any updates regarding the new gem types?

Divergent Vulnerability seems better than base.
Divergent Malevolence seems better if you get closer as it ups bleeding damage at the cost of less area from corrupted base Malevolence.
Divergent Dash with the phasing grant seems superior as well.

Have you checked Gem Setups section? Because you can find a list of all worthwhile alternate quality gems there.

"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Spoiler
Ack, just died to Enslaver lol. I do need to round out pantheons, but otherwise feel like my defense isnt too bad. Do have to be patient/smart with Assailum though.

Enslaver actually killed my original bleed bow character back in 3.4. His ignites are just deadly.

Not being able to dodge while attacking is what makes me hate Assailum. By just using Puncture i'll get nearly the same average damage as i would with that helmet. Plus you're more likely to get screwed by bad rng. I much, much prefer mobility (which equals safety) and consistency.

Also for the love of god PLEASE ROLL YOUR FLASK. I specifically made it a goal because absolute majority of players don't care about them, and it's the easiest way to get lots of defence while mapping.

"
Dirhyn wrote:
Spoiler
So I was lucky enough to drop a Replica Farrul's Fur and want to try your classic build. Can you expend a little more on what the gem setup is ? Is it worth using an Anomalous Siege Ballista (+2 arrows) to free up a socket on tree ?
Thanks !
Btw, I love this build!

Unfortunately Replica Farrul's Fur DOESN'T work well for classic build. It's probably BiS for Puncture version instead. Normal Farrul's is required to extend Crimson Dance uptime. In theory you could use it, but you'll sacrifice a lot of damage that way.

I already mention all gem changes inside that section, there's only one and it's Puncture -> Siege Ballista. Also socketing Less Duration inside gear with Aspect of the Cat. That's it.

It's your choice if you want to you use +2 arrows Siege Ballista gem. I clearly state pros and cons in alternate quality gems section.

"
cjbender wrote:

I just added new videos, check them to see if you like how the builds plays out in end game.

Were the videos you made created with the gear in your current gear section? And if so idk if this build has the damage I'm looking for with the investment needed... the bow and farruls is at least 20-30 ex alone. Looks like a really hard sirus kill.

Also can you do 100% t16 delirium maps? Or tropical island farm? Just curious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info