[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

"

I understand it's bad starter

It's not a good finisher either :/

I had bleed bow glad at lvl 90 during Ritual, it was good at that time. During Ultimatum I improved it a lot as for SSF standards - it had some attack-spell block, ~5500k life, assailum, ryslatha, decent bow and other items, some lvl 21 gems, cluster jewels, lioneye's fall to change those fat axe nodes into bow ones, etc. you name it.

The only two s-tier things I had no access to where Awakened gems and some crafts with +lvl to gems. Otherwise it was pretty min-maxed.

And I had plans to return to it during Expedition and level it up to 97-98 at least. But... I discovered that they nerfed those support gems left and right ;p

The point here is that with those many nerfs some builds were hit harder than others - and this one is such a build.

When I tried it during Expedition yellows felt as reds in terms of clear speed and fighting bosses. And after few tries at finished T16s I decided it makes no sense to play an endgame with this build anymore, especially if you have other bleed glads like lacerate or sst at your fingertips.

And this league while bleed from skill tree was increased a bit, I don't think it compensates enough for those previous nerfs.
So this is a build you can finish campaign with, then go to whites, then maybe yellows, but reds will be rather a struggle in comparision to other builds.
And that's why bleed bow glad is not popular anymore as it has been surpassed by the shield builds and lacerate with which you can push into the endgame much further than with this one.

Sad but true :(
Last edited by artisanix on Oct 26, 2021, 12:59:03 PM
"
Spoiler
Hey, what exactly you mean by not updating it for 3.16? Like not yet or not at all? I understand it's bad starter, but it would help a lot of us even if you update it later in the league with all your knowledge, since it's more niche build these days and not much resources on it to think out except wololo dead build play something else, but some people love that style and would be grateful for updated guide even month later or so. So please, if you will find some time in the future, try to update the build into the new era of poe :) Ok maybe i got too scared by the original post edit on top, but just wanted you to know there are people caring dearly about these kind of builds :) Much love, and have a great time in scourge :)

I'll update to 3.16 league when i have time. Last 2 leagues changed a lot and i need some time to prepare a proper update. I don't see it as a good starter right now, but late game might still be fine so i'll give it a try.

In general i don't like ditching my projects unless they're unplayable, and this build simply has great concept (classic build) that carries it despite lower damage.

"
artisanix wrote:
Spoiler
I had bleed bow glad at lvl 90 during Ritual, it was good at that time. During Ultimatum I improved it a lot as for SSF standards - it had some attack-spell block, ~5500k life, assailum, ryslatha, decent bow and other items, some lvl 21 gems, cluster jewels, lioneye's fall to change those fat axe nodes into bow ones, etc. you name it.

The only two s-tier things I had no access to where Awakened gems and some crafts with +lvl to gems. Otherwise it was pretty min-maxed.

And I had plans to return to it during Expedition and level it up to 97-98 at least. But... I discovered that they nerfed those support gems left and right ;p

The point here is that with those many nerfs some builds were hit harder than others - and this one is such a build.

When I tried it during Expedition yellows felt as reds in terms of clear speed and fighting bosses. And after few tries at finished T16s I decided it makes no sense to play an endgame with this build anymore, especially if you have other bleed glads like lacerate or sst at your fingertips.

And this league while bleed from skill tree was increased a bit, I don't think it compensates enough for those previous nerfs.
So this is a build you can finish campaign with, then go to whites, then maybe yellows, but reds will be rather a struggle in comparision to other builds.
And that's why bleed bow glad is not popular anymore as it has been surpassed by the shield builds and lacerate with which you can push into the endgame much further than with this one.

Sad but true :(

You're speaking about Assailum armour based build which this guide doesn't cover or focus on. "Viability" is also heavily subjective, and while other similar builds are stronger doesn't mean this one is weak. If build is "viable" should be based on build vs content and not build vs build (unless you're racing).

It is true that 3.15 hit the build incredibly hard, but i was worried about crippled defences than damage personally.

I'll try to play the build this league, we'll see how it goes. It will take me long time before i get to it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Giga buffs to bow damage in the manifesto, maybe it will be enough to compete with corrupting blood?
About the buffs:
Quivers:
Flat phys damage buff on Quiver is nice, as well as
"Essences of Woe no longer roll "Increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills on Quivers". Instead, they now roll "Increased Damage with Bow Skills". Deafening Essence of Woe now provides values of 43-50%"
This is a nice buff and it should be really easy and cheap to essence craft a solid quiver at leaguestart (with Flat phys implicit and increased damage+ possibly flat phys prefix, which got also buffed).

Bows:
All bows received a nice buff in flat damage. Citadel bow now has 36-144 (previously 25-100) flat damage.
This is a 44% increase in flat damage. If you just essence craft it with shrieking essence of contempt for flat phys and benchcraft increased phys you can get an ~360 pdps bow for 5-10 c.
If you want an early 6-link you can try to buy bowyers dream to do the same (which will cost you a bit more for the base though). Harbinger bow is not much worse than citadel bow.

New Implicits:
If you go Determination+Armour stacking, most of your stuff will have no implicit, the citadel bow as well and we equip mostly rares So this could be really a decent buff.

I havent really played the bleed bow glad archetype since the nerfs to elder mod (3.16 i played CF Glad though).

I do not think the damage increase on bows+quivers will make it the best build for bosses in endgame, however i think it could at least be a excellent league starter. A lot of it depends also on how rare influenced items will be next league and if the new implicits are useful.

I already played around in POB and tested a 3.16 version in HC SSF (up to A4 Kitava), and it should be solid for leaguestart and early mapping and getting currency.

"
I will post a short leaguestart guide and POB tomorrow or so in a new thread.

Edit: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229626
Last edited by Karlchenkeule on Feb 2, 2022, 11:15:40 AM
How hard would it be to integrate accuracy into the build? The 40% more damage multiplyier deal no crits node is really close to the glad start.

I really miss leaguestarting as bleed bow as it used to be my goto build. (I belong into DoT-Addics anonymous)
"
ZarosTenjin wrote:
How hard would it be to integrate accuracy into the build? The 40% more damage multiplyier deal no crits node is really close to the glad start.

I really miss leaguestarting as bleed bow as it used to be my goto build. (I belong into DoT-Addics anonymous)

The node says 40% more ATTACK damage. Should not apply to the bleeding, so probably not a good idea.

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Bleeding#Modifiers
The build has died and nothing can be done with it in the current conditions. the tree has changed too much and the jewel does not reach the necessary nodes in the tree. if he still cleans ordinary cards with a creak, then you can forget about the endgame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info