[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

"
sephrinx wrote:
I cannot for the life of me hit the Bleeding mod.
Is the bow correct lvl?
The bow is item level 85, it's linked in the comment.
~ Seph
300 alts isnt very many, i didn't get a lot of luck with my fossil rolls either. Though I think i've done < 10 fossil crafts, which is a small sample size. Did manage to get lucky with an alt roll, just after i bought fossils as well. Figure I'll save them to get a higher pdps one at somepoint.

Trying out the bleed mod with +phys & %phys using fossils on Craft of Exile, avg tries is 861.

Jesus christ. I should have just not spent anything and saved up and bought a bow.
~ Seph
"
sephrinx wrote:
Spoiler
I cannot for the life of me hit the Bleeding mod. I've spent like 300 alts so far, a dozen fossils, etc. Item level is 85.

Should I just try and sell it? I'm not sure if I should just sell it and try to buy a bow at this point.

Sometimes you just get unlucky. Average amount of tries to get 100% bleed dmg mod is ~120 alts. For fossils it's ~8 tries.

Want to hear a story about unlucky rng? Because i certainly have a lot to tell from my last league experience.

"
sephrinx wrote:
The bow is item level 85, it's linked in the comment.

You can't see ilvl on linked items. If there is a way i would like to know about it.

"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Spoiler
300 alts isnt very many, i didn't get a lot of luck with my fossil rolls either. Though I think i've done < 10 fossil crafts, which is a small sample size. Did manage to get lucky with an alt roll, just after i bought fossils as well. Figure I'll save them to get a higher pdps one at somepoint.

Trying out the bleed mod with +phys & %phys using fossils on Craft of Exile, avg tries is 861.

No matter how great a tool is and much good it brings, it will cause harm or be useless if used incorrectly. This is a good example.

I'm very positive this is the setup you used. The only thing you're getting out of it is knowledge that you're not getting this mod combo, at all. But do you need it? Absolutely no. Examine my crafting method (could be updated to be more specific). Bow is a reroll material ONLY if you miss all 3 mods. As long as one of the mods is high tier, you can mastercraft rest of them. Try the same with 100% bleed mod and a single prefix, you'll see reasonable results.

"
sephrinx wrote:
Jesus christ. I should have just not spent anything and saved up and bought a bow.

You do understand that people who sell these bows most of the time are crafting it to sell for profit, right? That's how the world runs. As an example, normal +3 CA bows were selling for nearly 3 times the price of average cost to craft them. The only benefit you're getting is that you won't get screwed by rng, but you are in every other way.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Oct 4, 2020, 9:57:40 PM
Oh completely agree, I think the count of fossil crafts to get the bow is rather high (sorry I should've clarified that it seems kinda ridiculous). I probably did something wrong, but then COE is pretty complex. Besides, one can get most of the mods they need, use an annulment orb and then multi mod as well.
Last edited by agm_ultimatex on Oct 4, 2020, 10:22:26 PM
Great build.

Any updates regarding the new gem types?

Divergent Vulnerability seems better than base.
Divergent Malevolence seems better if you get closer as it ups bleeding damage at the cost of less area from corrupted base Malevolence.
Divergent Dash with the phasing grant seems superior as well.
Thanks for the build mate. Don't usually enjoy bow builds or ranged characters, but loving this character. Killed uber and Sirus already, even if I don't have much experience fighting Sirus he wasn't too hard with this build. As you just need to apply some bleed dots and have a lot flexibility to move around, then if you die just stay dead while the bleed ticks and most of the time that will take you to the next stage or kill the boss.
Ack, just died to Enslaver lol. I do need to round out pantheons, but otherwise feel like my defense isnt too bad. Do have to be patient/smart with Assailum though.

So I was lucky enough to drop a Replica Farrul's Fur and want to try your classic build. Can you expend a little more on what the gem setup is ? Is it worth using an Anomalous Siege Ballista (+2 arrows) to free up a socket on tree ?
Thanks !
Btw, I love this build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info