[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

can I play this build with split arrow? not a fan of rain just because its a tad bit boring to me
"
bernardooooo wrote:
[
Spoiler
item post="23380617" index="1"]

Just crafted this one.

Process:

1. Alted merciless with some other useless mana on kill mod.
2. Regaled another useless suffix mod.
3. Auged with phys and got t1 flat added phys. At this point i had 2 prefixes and 2 suffixes.
4. Crafted cannot roll attack mods.
5. Auged attack mod and got bleed mod.
6. Locked prefixes, scoured suffixes.
7. Multimodded with int/qual and AS
8. Target divined prefixes/suffixes.

The process was pretty easy. If you will manage to hit elder poison in 5., you can easily remove it by targeting annuling influenced mod. You will have to aug phys again.

Currently at 554 pDPS.

That insanely lucky. You do know that you had ~2% chance to hit T1 flat phys with that physical aug? Not something you can easily repeat.

Not a cheap process which requires massive luck. Focusing on DoT multiplier is significantly cheapear on average for similar damage output.

"
Scrublantus wrote:
Spoiler
Had a crafting question but I figured it out.

I have some small questions about the quiver harvest crafting section though:

"
Step 4: Use "Augment an item with a new Physical modifier" harvest craft.
Step 5: If you hit "+(7–10)% increased Movement Speed", go to next step. If not, use "Remove random Physical modifier and add a new Physical modifier" harvest craft. Repeat this step until you succeed.

I assume this is meant for the physical DoT multipler? not life

and
"
Step 6: Remove all attack prefixes using "Remove a random Attack modifier" harvest craft. If you have none, you'll be unable to execute this craft.

I'm assuming that last sentence is a typo with the double negative?

Step 5 - yes, you're right. I have no idea how this happened. Fixed already.

Step 6 - Everything's fine as far as i'm aware. This step basically says "Remove all attack modifiers and don't bother looking up if they are attacks. Game will tell you when have none anyway". Keep in mind that you can have 0 to 2 attack prefixes, so in case you rolled 0 you'll get an error right away.

"
Snutz66 wrote:
can I play this build with split arrow? not a fan of rain just because its a tad bit boring to me

FAQ: I don't like Rain of Arrows, can i use Split Arrow instead?
A: While not advised, yes you can do it. However you must link it with Pierce or Chain support. Without these supports, i won't clear well.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:

I played your build last league and it inspired for a new build this league with a little twist. Blind bleed. (ssf made me do it lol)

I found new interaction between retaliaton charm and 100% blind avoidance from tree (silent step) + we can use Maloney's Nightfall. Blind reflect doesnt work on us once we get 100% blind avoidance from tree AND its nearby in passive tree.

Unique helm Farrul's Bite can be used,but i will not be able to try it out because of ssf.. Flesh and stone blind aura should give us some sort of qol too.

Charm gives me 10%dmg, quiver 15%. I am not claiming its BiS end game gear or even better variation, but i think it should be mentioned in some sort budget version or uniques that could be usable with build or cool interaction with said build. I do think that early mapping should be better with blind (not like we need it but oh well lol)

Atm i am only lvl70 and playing ssf so this build variation is far from finished(no auras and item optimization yet) and ofcs everything can change(numbers too). But having second layer of defense blind, should be a huge deal especially for evasion based build.

Tell me what you think.

(if anyone wants to check character is called BlindBee.As i said before it's ssf and my options were kinda limited, so all changes to build were made because of the recources i had. (armor with split arrow, gloves, crit in passive tree - to name few)

P.s. you got one of the most detailed build out there, especially when we are talking about crafting and gear options. Thanks for your hard work!
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
Last edited by oldwolfsoul on Jul 14, 2020, 7:18:57 AM
"
Step 5 - yes, you're right. I have no idea how this happened. Fixed already.

Step 6 - Everything's fine as far as i'm aware. This step basically says "Remove all attack modifiers and don't bother looking up if they are attacks. Game will tell you when have none anyway". Keep in mind that you can have 0 to 2 attack prefixes, so in case you rolled 0 you'll get an error right away.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Loving the build guide it's been a lot of fun so far :)
Hi, i have a question, most of the bleed builds i've seen on POE Ninja are based on the left side of the tree with Resolute Technique, the lioneye jewel and nodes for Axes and Sword.

What do you think about that ? what do you think its the best ? (in term of tankiness and dmg)

Thanks, love your build and your presentation ^^
"
moumout wrote:
Hi, i have a question, most of the bleed builds i've seen on POE Ninja are based on the left side of the tree with Resolute Technique, the lioneye jewel and nodes for Axes and Sword.

What do you think about that ? what do you think its the best ? (in term of tankiness and dmg)

OP will say that evasion is better, but they are fairly close in terms of perfomance i would guess. I haven't played armor version but it should have way more flexibility on the tree, since it doesn't go to acrobatics. Defence will probably require more investment, also myself i invested in spell dodge on boots (enchant +14% spell dodge +flask+elusive on crit) and, i think, it is the only way evasion can be superior to armor.
Last edited by Sunw1sh on Jul 16, 2020, 6:02:42 AM
"
oldwolfsoul wrote:
Spoiler
I played your build last league and it inspired for a new build this league with a little twist. Blind bleed. (ssf made me do it lol)

I found new interaction between retaliaton charm and 100% blind avoidance from tree (silent step) + we can use Maloney's Nightfall. Blind reflect doesnt work on us once we get 100% blind avoidance from tree AND its nearby in passive tree.

Unique helm Farrul's Bite can be used,but i will not be able to try it out because of ssf.. Flesh and stone blind aura should give us some sort of qol too.

Charm gives me 10%dmg, quiver 15%. I am not claiming its BiS end game gear or even better variation, but i think it should be mentioned in some sort budget version or uniques that could be usable with build or cool interaction with said build. I do think that early mapping should be better with blind (not like we need it but oh well lol)

Atm i am only lvl70 and playing ssf so this build variation is far from finished(no auras and item optimization yet) and ofcs everything can change(numbers too). But having second layer of defense blind, should be a huge deal especially for evasion based build.

Tell me what you think.

(if anyone wants to check character is called BlindBee.As i said before it's ssf and my options were kinda limited, so all changes to build were made because of the recources i had. (armor with split arrow, gloves, crit in passive tree - to name few)

P.s. you got one of the most detailed build out there, especially when we are talking about crafting and gear options. Thanks for your hard work!

Don't see much of a point honestly. It might be fine early for little bit extra damage against bosses and if should speed up clearing by a little too. What i don't like is losing a lot of valuable defensive stats when going that route. At the beginning of mapping it might be tough to get reasonable gear sometimes, so losing amulet slot especially feels quite bad. Stat wise quiver is alright.

Gladiator already has 10% chance to blind enemies, so combined with Vaal RoA you should be able to blind bosses relatively easily and get boost from Maloney's Nightfall damage increase. You don't particularly need Silent Steps for this, which is mostly useful for Retaliation Charm that i find suboptimal.

So in short, cool idea but amulet is not worth in my opinion. Quiver is solid choice for small damage boost early on.

"
moumout wrote:
Spoiler

FAQ: Have you thought about using Lioneye's Fall and taking melee nodes in Marauder's starting location?
A: Yes, it's a very viable alternative. However it heavily encourages armour as a defensive mechanic which i dislike in general. Performance-wise it's very similar to the passive tree i provide. Overall going to shadow area is easier for newbies and has smoother progression.

"
Sunw1sh wrote:
Spoiler
OP will say that evasion is better, but they are fairly close in terms of perfomance i would guess. I haven't played armor version but it should have way more flexibility on the tree, since it doesn't go to acrobatics. Defence will probably require more investment, also myself i invested in spell dodge on boots (enchant +14% spell dodge +flask+elusive on crit) and, i think, it is the only way evasion can be superior to armor.

This question appears all the time (despite answer being in FAQ) and iirc the closest i've ever said to "evasion is superior" was that with right investments evasion can surpass going full armour.

Primary reason for right side of the tree has always been newbie friendliness and evasion being my go-to defence for many years now. I just don't like armour, period.

I also saw your question about the bow crafting (which you removed) but couldn't answer it at that time. I remember 3 prefixes but can't recall the 4th one, so can't help you anymore (not that you need it i guess). I hope you managed to finish it.

Hi guys, just wanna ask if this bow is good enough for multimod (% physical damage and AS+quality). Would the DoT multiplier be much better than increased damage with bleeding?

Just wanna clarify on the crafting steps. With this bow I have 2 desirable suffixes so the next step is to get "60% chance for 100% bleed damage":

1. Bench craft: Craft cannot roll attack mods

2. Harvest craft: Augment attack mod.

3.1. If hit poison mod then have to craft "suffixes cant be changed". To prevent losing attack suffix mod.

4. Harvest craft: Remove attack mod. To just remove from prefix.

5. Repeat Step 1 and 2.

3.2. If hit bleed then proceed to harvest craft physical mod.

Step 2 is a 50/50 on bleed and posion mod right?
"
kingyang16 wrote:
Spoiler

Hi guys, just wanna ask if this bow is good enough for multimod (% physical damage and AS+quality). Would the DoT multiplier be much better than increased damage with bleeding?

DoT Multiplier is obviously much better, but crafting one is also more expensive. Multimod it and call it a day imo.

"
kingyang16 wrote:
Spoiler

Just wanna clarify on the crafting steps. With this bow I have 2 desirable suffixes so the next step is to get "60% chance for 100% bleed damage":

1. Bench craft: Craft cannot roll attack mods

2. Harvest craft: Augment attack mod.

3.1. If hit poison mod then have to craft "suffixes cant be changed". To prevent losing attack suffix mod.

4. Harvest craft: Remove attack mod. To just remove from prefix.

5. Repeat Step 1 and 2.

3.2. If hit bleed then proceed to harvest craft physical mod.

Step 2 is a 50/50 on bleed and posion mod right?

I don't think 30-40% increased damage which is roughly ~5% more damage is enough to justify wasting 3ex to save it in case things go wrong. You would also have to augment speed at the very end, and these seeds are extremely rare so price for it should be really high (don't know how much, i don't follow SC market).

I would recommend sticking to the guide. In case you REALLY want to save #% increased bleed damage mod, then use "Remove Influenced modifier" harvest craft. While it's rare i doubt it's worth 3ex.

Yes, in step 2 both mods have 50% chance to appear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info