[3.6] Occultist CWDT Auto Cast Mobile Spell Turret - Red Map / Delve 275+ Viable

"
Horvath wrote:
"
mebell333 wrote:
Update, I forgot that I don't have the boots enchanted yet. This gets me 200 regen on POE builder but I'm still pretty far off overall.

Sure. The main thing I found was that you didn't have discipline enabled. You will need to obtain high ES on your gear, or take more ES skill nodes, without high rolled recovery chest and belt.

You are missing several things:

Edit one of your flasks, and put
50% increased energy shield recovery rate
5% reduced damage taken from Damage over Time
25% reduced physical damage taken over time while moving (check moving in calcs tab)

2% recovery on boots is important, this becomes ~ 4% with recovery items

Your discipline aura was not enabled. This added a lot of ES and also ~4+% regen from watcher's eye.

Unspec out of ghost reaver unless you have a source of leech, put these points into more ES nodes.

Roll a higher Energy shield recovery rate on your beast fur shawl (40% ideal)

Roll energy shield recovery rate and CDR on your belt, or obtain more ES on other gear / take more ES nodes.

fixed PoB:
https://pastebin.com/wSzNjYM0

Also if you are on standard, you can try using a 800+ es chest, instead of beast fur shawl, and get es recovery on belt too if you can.

Thanks. I'll take a closer look over the weekend. Though from what I can tell, we both have 9k ES with disc enabled, I just didn't have it enabled at the time for whatever reason when I exported, I was toggling a lot of stuff on an off trying to compare to yours and see what was wrong. Probably just left that one untoggled.

What do you think about my lightning set up? Would you recommend any changes? Outside of swapping to vaal storm call probably? I just find arc to be a satisfying spell so I wanted to go lightning. I ran a red map and it went alright, died twice but I mostly blame that on the regen thing. Bosses that don't have adds are pretty rough for me right now obviously.

Have you tried the build against the various bosses? Shaper, Elder, Uber lab, etc? I'm guessing it'd be a little slow damage wise, but if its still fairly comfortable I can see myself running this character first in next league (gearing as poets pen the first week or so)
"
mebell333 wrote:
"
Horvath wrote:
"
mebell333 wrote:
Update, I forgot that I don't have the boots enchanted yet. This gets me 200 regen on POE builder but I'm still pretty far off overall.

Sure. The main thing I found was that you didn't have discipline enabled. You will need to obtain high ES on your gear, or take more ES skill nodes, without high rolled recovery chest and belt.

You are missing several things:

Edit one of your flasks, and put
50% increased energy shield recovery rate
5% reduced damage taken from Damage over Time
25% reduced physical damage taken over time while moving (check moving in calcs tab)

2% recovery on boots is important, this becomes ~ 4% with recovery items

Your discipline aura was not enabled. This added a lot of ES and also ~4+% regen from watcher's eye.

Unspec out of ghost reaver unless you have a source of leech, put these points into more ES nodes.

Roll a higher Energy shield recovery rate on your beast fur shawl (40% ideal)

Roll energy shield recovery rate and CDR on your belt, or obtain more ES on other gear / take more ES nodes.

fixed PoB:
https://pastebin.com/wSzNjYM0

Also if you are on standard, you can try using a 800+ es chest, instead of beast fur shawl, and get es recovery on belt too if you can.

Thanks. I'll take a closer look over the weekend. Though from what I can tell, we both have 9k ES with disc enabled, I just didn't have it enabled at the time for whatever reason when I exported, I was toggling a lot of stuff on an off trying to compare to yours and see what was wrong. Probably just left that one untoggled.

What do you think about my lightning set up? Would you recommend any changes? Outside of swapping to vaal storm call probably? I just find arc to be a satisfying spell so I wanted to go lightning. I ran a red map and it went alright, died twice but I mostly blame that on the regen thing. Bosses that don't have adds are pretty rough for me right now obviously.

Have you tried the build against the various bosses? Shaper, Elder, Uber lab, etc? I'm guessing it'd be a little slow damage wise, but if its still fairly comfortable I can see myself running this character first in next league (gearing as poets pen the first week or so)

I've only been successful (deathless) with the build against map bosses (up to t15) and delve encounters (not delve bosses), but it is definitely doable. I think it may be worth subbing in warlord's mark for the long boss fights. It gives you a ton of sustain because of high curse effectiveness and double recovery rate, provided you don't get 1-shot. Generating endurance charges on kill won't be an issue during boss fights.

For lightning build, you definitely want conductivity / elemental weakness. Projectile weakness will help for defense, and for single target.

I haven't run the math to see the optimal CWDTs, but arc, ball lightning and spark should be good combination. Ball lightning + spark + projectile weakness will help against single target. I would only add in a fourth spell, if it gives you more DPS than adding another support gem. I don't think orb of storms procs from the spells that are triggered. Next patch will add brands. Depending on how those work, they could be very good for this build.
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Last edited by Horvath on Nov 22, 2018, 2:42:24 PM
I just realized that I made a mistake in my CWDT thresholds. My character has 7 armor, but it is negligible. However, because of beast fur shawl % increased damage taken, this build can actually use

CWDT LVL 4 (up from lvl 3) since 735 dmg > 725 threshold
CWDT LVL 10 as before, since 735 * 2 = 1470 < 1485 threshold
CWDT LVL 18 (up from lvl 17) since 735 * 4 = 2940 > 2874 threshold

However, the CWDT lvl 3 spells, jump up to lvl 45 at the next level, so do not benefit from having CWDT LVL 4, unless they actually do damage.

The highest CWDT should be lvl 18 though, this is about a 10% more DPS boost.

Last edited by Horvath on Nov 22, 2018, 1:42:25 AM
Going to give this build a go for the memes, while waiting for December 7.

I just wanted to offer some input in regards to watcher's eye/energy from within placement. If you swap the position of the two jewels around, you can have higher ES and marginally higher ES regen by taking the Melding cluster rather than quick recovery at the cost of one more skill point.

For instance using the POB you provided:

As is
9225 ES
267% ES on tree
3363.9 ES regen

Swapping
9728 ES
293% ES on tree
3368.8 ES regen

Thanks for the guide, looking forward to trying it out
"
EZMFPZ wrote:
Going to give this build a go for the memes, while waiting for December 7.

I just wanted to offer some input in regards to watcher's eye/energy from within placement. If you swap the position of the two jewels around, you can have higher ES and marginally higher ES regen by taking the Melding cluster rather than quick recovery at the cost of one more skill point.

For instance using the POB you provided:

As is
9225 ES
267% ES on tree
3363.9 ES regen

Swapping
9728 ES
293% ES on tree
3368.8 ES regen

Thanks for the guide, looking forward to trying it out

Thanks, I had originally specced that but switched it over to save points / get more regen at an earlier level. I guess taking melding over quick recovery is probably better if you have the points.
Added some notes on v3.5 and also a Necromancer idea of the build using brands. League is still early. Unless you have a lot of currency or are playing standard, I would wait before trying this build.
I Would like to use The Consuming Dark to trigger herald of agony for boss fight and the minion damage node on the left side of the witch, should be good!
"
Horvath wrote:
Added some notes on v3.5 and also a Necromancer idea of the build using brands. League is still early. Unless you have a lot of currency or are playing standard, I would wait before trying this build.

Here are my 2 cents:
Spoiler

I tried your build on a little budget and it goes well if you can actually reach over 2.8k ES regen.
I'm stuck at 2.1k ES regen wall, but I think it is because i miss 130-180 flat ES from gear. This makes the whole setup deals like 2/3 of the damage per casts per second (0.31s vs 0.24s).
I'm using a cold setup for damage and, compared to corpse based skills, deals less damage as it doesn't have the added damage from corpses explosions.
My setup is:
-Freezing Pulse, Frost Bolt on cwdt 10(with LMP)
-Ice Nova on cwdt 17-18(with controlled destruction and conc effect)
- Frosbite on cwdt 3( still don't have the 2nd and 3rd curse at lvl 76)

Taking these in account i'm expecting to do half of the damage you're supposed to do with a full setup( adding the 2nd and 3rd curses should push me to near 65-70% of the damage)

Sadly, the 100% of the damage comes from the ability to sustain those 2.8k es regen

Now what i'm interested in is the version you speak about in the notes, could be a "budget" version of your original build ad it covers a lot of the ES regen with Spirit Offering.
I have 2 questions for you:
-How do you reach a 9 corspe unearth cast on a cdwt on a 4 link? Unless you're thinking of casting it yourself
-My PoB says that Brand duration nodes influence skeleton duration, can you check too?(Runesmith and Brand duration nodes)
"
"
Horvath wrote:

Here are my 2 cents:
Spoiler

I tried your build on a little budget and it goes well if you can actually reach over 2.8k ES regen.
I'm stuck at 2.1k ES regen wall, but I think it is because i miss 130-180 flat ES from gear. This makes the whole setup deals like 2/3 of the damage per casts per second (0.31s vs 0.24s).
I'm using a cold setup for damage and, compared to corpse based skills, deals less damage as it doesn't have the added damage from corpses explosions.
My setup is:
-Freezing Pulse, Frost Bolt on cwdt 10(with LMP)
-Ice Nova on cwdt 17-18(with controlled destruction and conc effect)
- Frosbite on cwdt 3( still don't have the 2nd and 3rd curse at lvl 76)

Taking these in account i'm expecting to do half of the damage you're supposed to do with a full setup( adding the 2nd and 3rd curses should push me to near 65-70% of the damage)

Sadly, the 100% of the damage comes from the ability to sustain those 2.8k es regen

Now what i'm interested in is the version you speak about in the notes, could be a "budget" version of your original build ad it covers a lot of the ES regen with Spirit Offering.
I have 2 questions for you:
-How do you reach a 9 corspe unearth cast on a cdwt on a 4 link? Unless you're thinking of casting it yourself
-My PoB says that Brand duration nodes influence skeleton duration, can you check too?(Runesmith and Brand duration nodes)

You can try using the dark seer sceptre and unspec some curse nodes to get more ES nodes, if that will help you reach 2.8k regen. You can also temporarily skip capping resists for higher es value gear. Use resist flask (wise oak). I did that at first, and made it to level 85+ no problem, just because of the high regen and high es pool.

9 corpse unearth must either be on 5+ link chest,
or with 4 link CWDT GMP (+4) LMP (+2) Unearth = 7, can get additional 2 with dying sun, grelwood shank / beltimber blade.

7 corpses without additional stuff is still good. Keep in mind spirit offering is limited to consuming only 9 corpses max per cast. Also I am pretty sure spirit offering will give you no bonus ES if you have CI, you must be hybrid or low life.

The PoB skele / brand duration thing looks like a bug, make a bug post on PoB github, with screenshot.

Hello,

Im theory crafting a brand build, and came across yours :) i want to play necro (for the cast speed) and you gave me leads about the self cast loop.
But first i need to understand the math, how do you manage to get 0,24 duration on skele? 98% of 20 sec is 0,4 or i miss something?

Brand build profit from cooldown reduction (to cast brand recall every sec) with at least 30% from hiero ascendency or crafted on belt/boots with enhance/empower.

So how should i fit this 30% (up to 35) cd reduction that i will craft on belt/boots with cdwt cd? Cwdt cd with 30% cd reduction is around 0,19 so 5 cast per sec? and ill need to math the regen after this xD

objectives will be to cast
-9 corpse unearth x4 or x5/sec to spirit offer them considering the unearth is not instant (because projectile need to land first cf wiki, so maybe put spirit offering on a lvl 4 cdwt?)

-desecrate, i dont understand the spell yet, it has a CD of 3 sec but seems to replenish 1 stack/sec so before going deep to optimize it i count it as a 1 cast/sec to use bone offering (layer defense with block for map/delve) or flesh offering (for more castspeed/dps for boss) but manually to trigger "increase damage if you used a minion skill" every 4 sec

-if we got enough gemslot available add volatile/detonate dead? to keep consuming corpse (need to slot discipline, maybe a vaal rf for the spell damage, wrath, herald of ice/lightning, maybe some curse etc etc)

Dont hesitate to add me in game "OniTsuku", or i could give you my discord so we can discuss of this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info