Herald of Agony Cursebot 7 curses and up to 19 million dps for pushing Delves

"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
"
does it make the build really that 'unplayable'

shouldn´t it be still quite good to play with?
Or do I underestimate the impact of Temp Chains...

It should be fine, but I have no reason to play the same build but under worse circumstances, especially as a league start.

Can you explain how this change impacts this build? I'm not seeing anything in the build that utilizes time-slowing effects on a character. We're definitely slowing monsters by more than that amount, but the slow that can be applied to monsters wasn't changed at all.

"The total amount that you can slow the expiration of an effect on a character through a time-slowing mechanism (such as Temporal Chains) is now capped at 75% from all sources."
"A character is a player-controlled persona in the game with a unique name in the game world."

Also curious how the change to the Crawler only scaling phys damage impacts Occultist explosions. Isn't the explosion simply 25% of monster life as chaos, which would only be impacted by sources of increased or more chaos damage that apply to your character? I'm not seeing the nerf here but I think I'm mis-understanding this one.

The change to Void Beacon gives us a pretty strong offensive option to add to the mix and Frigid Wake looks competitive as well with the reduced damage with hits and added freeze, plus freeze/chill immunity. I haven't played the build, how important is the extra ES pool? With all the defensive benefits we have going, I feel like 4.5k life is enough but definitely would like to hear your thoughts.
"
Tarvalon2 wrote:
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
"
does it make the build really that 'unplayable'

shouldn´t it be still quite good to play with?
Or do I underestimate the impact of Temp Chains...

It should be fine, but I have no reason to play the same build but under worse circumstances, especially as a league start.

Can you explain how this change impacts this build? I'm not seeing anything in the build that utilizes time-slowing effects on a character. We're definitely slowing monsters by more than that amount, but the slow that can be applied to monsters wasn't changed at all.

"The total amount that you can slow the expiration of an effect on a character through a time-slowing mechanism (such as Temporal Chains) is now capped at 75% from all sources."
"A character is a player-controlled persona in the game with a unique name in the game world."

Also curious how the change to the Crawler only scaling phys damage impacts Occultist explosions. Isn't the explosion simply 25% of monster life as chaos, which would only be impacted by sources of increased or more chaos damage that apply to your character? I'm not seeing the nerf here but I think I'm mis-understanding this one.

The change to Void Beacon gives us a pretty strong offensive option to add to the mix and Frigid Wake looks competitive as well with the reduced damage with hits and added freeze, plus freeze/chill immunity. I haven't played the build, how important is the extra ES pool? With all the defensive benefits we have going, I feel like 4.5k life is enough but definitely would like to hear your thoughts.

If its against players only, then that's fine. I probably misread it.

The damage herald of agony used to gain per virulence stack was generic, and scaled profane bloom since it was the one killing enemies. 22% per stack 40 stacks, it was very significant.

Trying out the new nodes is a good idea, especially the one that gives chaos resist, which is a very dangerous damage type for the build. Obviously Profane and +1 curse must stay.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Thanks, I didn't realize that your summons' damage modifiers could impact Profane Bloom, definitely good to know. Would love to hear your thoughts after you can test the new patch on standard re: clear speed and how much this change impacts things. Because other than the Profane Bloom hit, we got a buff with more ascendancy choices. Do any of the new uniques jump out as something that could be toyed around with? I'm not seeing much but certainly might have missed something there.
"
Tarvalon2 wrote:
Thanks, I didn't realize that your summons' damage modifiers could impact Profane Bloom, definitely good to know. Would love to hear your thoughts after you can test the new patch on standard re: clear speed and how much this change impacts things. Because other than the Profane Bloom hit, we got a buff with more ascendancy choices. Do any of the new uniques jump out as something that could be toyed around with? I'm not seeing much but certainly might have missed something there.

If you want to play it, it should be fine. I didn't really think the new ascendancy points were that good but maybe some of the new veiled/focus modifiers are game changing.

The helmet one as I've said before is a good substitute for Asenaths, so you can get TC on a rare now and be good to go.
couldn't the crawlers nerf to profane bloom damage be supplemented by withering presence ascendancy notable, which applies a 6% increased chaos damage taken debuff every second up to 15 times?
"
breadbucket wrote:
couldn't the crawlers nerf to profane bloom damage be supplemented by withering presence ascendancy notable, which applies a 6% increased chaos damage taken debuff every second up to 15 times?

The exact breakdown of the crawler's damage is not known but I suspect that for this version of the build, it is less than 20% of overall damage.

To test you can load up the POB and add wither and see how much damage 15 stacks gives, it should be underwhelming.
Void Beacon now also causes nearby Enemies to have -20% to Cold resistance. The small passive leading to Void Beacon now also grants 10% increased Cold Damage.

This will buff dmg on bosses alot
According to PoB, the -20% cold res and chaos res from Void Beacon adds 8.6% DPS, which is pretty solid.

As for Withering Presence inflicting Withered, I don't see that mattering at all on mobs, but it does provide a buff for boss DPS. There won't be enough time to build up a lot of Withered stacks on normal mobs, and it's only nearby enemies so won't do anything for clearing further out on the screen.

For bosses, chaos damage only makes up 10% of the crawler's DPS (if you take Void Beacon, otherwise it's 7%). 15 stacks will add up for 90% inc. chaos damage taken though, which means an extra ~9% DPS once bosses are at full stacks.

Lastly, if we replace Asenath's with a rare that casts on Focus, what spells should we put in the helm? If we keep Flesh Offering in the helm, we lose 50% uptime as we can only Focus every 12 seconds. I really like the idea of switching the helm to a 4-curse setup in a rare though - we then only need to attack with one RoA and it's an easier item to acquire. Would a self-cast Desecrate + GMP and Flesh Offering + Inc. Duration in a 2L + 2L make sense? Hate having to stop and self-cast something. Maybe Blight - CWC - Desecrate - Flesh Offering?
"
Tarvalon2 wrote:
According to PoB, the -20% cold res and chaos res from Void Beacon adds 8.6% DPS, which is pretty solid.

As for Withering Presence inflicting Withered, I don't see that mattering at all on mobs, but it does provide a buff for boss DPS. There won't be enough time to build up a lot of Withered stacks on normal mobs, and it's only nearby enemies so won't do anything for clearing further out on the screen.

For bosses, chaos damage only makes up 10% of the crawler's DPS (if you take Void Beacon, otherwise it's 7%). 15 stacks will add up for 90% inc. chaos damage taken though, which means an extra ~9% DPS once bosses are at full stacks.

Lastly, if we replace Asenath's with a rare that casts on Focus, what spells should we put in the helm? If we keep Flesh Offering in the helm, we lose 50% uptime as we can only Focus every 12 seconds. I really like the idea of switching the helm to a 4-curse setup in a rare though - we then only need to attack with one RoA and it's an easier item to acquire. Would a self-cast Desecrate + GMP and Flesh Offering + Inc. Duration in a 2L + 2L make sense? Hate having to stop and self-cast something. Maybe Blight - CWC - Desecrate - Flesh Offering?

If you have desecrate before flesh offering in the helmet it casts before and flesh offering will consume the corpses. Take a duration cluster and the uptime will be far better than 50%. Selfcasting Flesh Offering is really quite miserable and I don't recommend it at all. Please do try for yourself though and don't take my word for it. If you test more things on your own you'll have a really strong grasp of the build in no time!

The build should still be really strong so I wouldn't worry too much, getting QOL leveling uniques is a big deal but after you get level 19 herald of agony in a coming calamity 4L you should be good to go and just refine as you see fit.
what is the thing we can craft now instead of getting asenath's chant?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info