Herald of Agony Cursebot 7 curses and up to 19 million dps for pushing Delves

"
yongsoo wrote:
Can this be a league starter?

If yes...

What would the ideal gear progression be? Is the majority of resist being capped through jewels?

The jewels seem like they are going to be quite expensive.. haha

Craft the jewels yourself and begin HOA with Minion Speed + Pierce Supports switching to damage later after you have Projectile Weakness Curse on Hit. They are surprisingly easy to craft because of the bound fossil which can be used on Cobalts (which nearly guarantees attack speed) or the fact that there are 3 suffixes which are acceptable starting modifiers for Ghastly.

Various unique items will help with leveling but the biggest one is Quill Rain. Defensive Curses and avoidance flasks will carry you to endgame even at 2k life, so prioritize offensive jewels (Movement/Attack Speed w/ minions) unless you need resists.

For the bow you should use lesser poison support and life gain on hit, I believe I outlined that its a good idea to level ranger + shadow first to obtain pierce and lesser poison and 2 extra quicksilver flasks. You will want a ranger friend to supply you with Rain of Arrows, Blink Arrow, Life Gain on Hit, and Herald of Agony. Early on its a pain, but self casting flesh offering is a good idea. The rest, you can put off until Act 6.

Tabula is desirable, but know that a Coming Calamity 5 linked will trump it because of Generosity Hatred and +2 levels amounting to nearly a 7 link. Even a 4 link coming calamity can be better if the +2 levels pushes the Crawler to an attack speed per stack break point. (Level 21 w/ base level 19 gem, which is immediately available from Gemcutter boxes and is likely on poe.trade a few hours into the league.)

Some other low level low cost unique items that are definitely useful: Asenath's Touch, Sidhebreath, The Baron (Usually too expensive early league to merit, but not always), Wraithlord (The cheaper, slightly more delayed alternative), Doedre's Damning, Windscream, and Mark of Submission.

As long as you understand the bigger damage modifiers by tinkering around with the build in POB a little, you will be fine.

Its obviously a good idea to keep an eye out for new uniques or crafted modifiers which will help the build, but I can't comment on any other than the Cast all Socketed Spells being able to replace Asenath's Chant. This means you no longer need to get TC enchant on a unique item, and can instead get a much cheaper rare/magic/normal with TC effect.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Nov 30, 2018, 6:49:13 PM
Nice build! What would you say curse priority is? And what is ascendancy order?
Last edited by Ateres on Dec 2, 2018, 4:14:34 PM
"
Ateres wrote:
Nice build! What would you say curse priority is? And what is ascendancy order?

I go projectile weakness + tc first, you can get two almost simultaneously because of Asenath's Touch and Mark of Submission. Proj Weak is huge because it provides essentially infinite pierce and allows you to drop the pierce support. Ascendancy rush Profane Bloom and Malediction for the third or fourth curse.

One final tip: 4L Coming Calamity > 6L tabula as well in new leagues, as you can run Generosity Hatred and benefit from +2 gem levels.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255049
"
... time-slowing mechanism (such as Temporal Chains) is now capped at 75% from all sources.
"
sicu wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255049
"
... time-slowing mechanism (such as Temporal Chains) is now capped at 75% from all sources.

Yep. Time to pursue a new build idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDaX8yZid-I

Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Dec 3, 2018, 8:39:52 PM
Sad...
was so ready to league start this build...

onto the next.
does it make the build really that 'unplayable'

shouldn´t it be still quite good to play with?
Or do I underestimate the impact of Temp Chains...
"
does it make the build really that 'unplayable'

shouldn´t it be still quite good to play with?
Or do I underestimate the impact of Temp Chains...

It should be fine, but I have no reason to play the same build but under worse circumstances, especially as a league start.
So is this build dead now with the changes to Agony Crawler scaling only off physical damage?

Is it still somewhat viable as a curse-bot in a group? can it do any solo content still?
"
breadbucket wrote:
So is this build dead now with the changes to Agony Crawler scaling only off physical damage?

Is it still somewhat viable as a curse-bot in a group? can it do any solo content still?

It is a nerf to Occultist explosions, the elemental damage will remain mostly the same since it is conversion. I will test it at some point after the deployment, but from these notes while it is nerfed, it seems fine.

I will edit the opening title to the build guide and comment if I feel that this build is no longer worth people's time, as I have done with my Indigon builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info