We Hired the Developer of Path of Building!

Ohhh!!!! wow GGG this is the right way to go!!
Nice Congratulations to Openarl ;)
Just when Blizzard gags on itself, POE shows it's the goat.
please make pob official i swear to god
congrats!
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
Innomen wrote:
Great... POB RIP

Why are you fanboys cheering? POB just got a brain tumor.

Because he can now go 'hey mark, how does this mechanic work? oh like that...ok, gonna code it into POB'.

And he can start putting parts of PoB into the game...you know, improve the tooltips and so on...

I hope you're right man.

"
As long as you still leave him enough spare time to keep working on Path of Building, that's awesome news!

Following the logic of profit incentive, why would he? Surely his new job will pay better per hour than his development of PoB.

"
suxfuuuuu wrote:
Haha! You are captured, stupid beast

I love pob! Congrats!

Heheheeh that made my lol4r. I even heard it in his voice.

"
That's kinda fucked up.
You're expecting him to work a full work day on the game and then go home to do some more working on the game by developing Path of Building ...
You'd think he should be able to do that in his work time because it's a tool that poe needs anyways and not one you should be relying on the community for ...

This. Brain drain. We just lost PoB's active development. It was his job, now he has a better one. Feel like GGG is paying to kill the app. Why tho?

"
phoenixinobi wrote:
"
As long as you still leave him enough spare time to keep working on Path of Building, that's awesome news!

It doesn't matter, Path of Building has 14 contributors and it's MIT licensed. Anyone who has spare time in the community would likely pickup his work and continue. He can just put the changes needed for Path of Building and contributors who have spare time can work on it. That's how open source works. So congrats OpenArl.

So... Brain drain.

As big a fan of open source as I am, the reality is that usually it's one or two people carrying the whole project.

There's a reason open source isn't an actual threat to payware. And this is why. Payware can basically headshot open source devs with cash bullets.

I'm glad he's getting recognition and reward. Everyone deserves justice and happiness, I'm just sad to see news of POB instantly degrading, and surprised (but not really) by the mostly thoughtless cheering.

"
Probably stupid question, but what exactly is he hired for, if our all beloved PoB is going to be continued as a side-project on his own?

The dangerous question. In a magic world of make believe POB could become the passive tree screen and character panels combined. It 100% won't. But oh how cool that would be.

"
PopeJo wrote:
"
Openarl is planning to continue working on Path of Building in his spare time.

"planning to" and "in his spare time"?!?! are you mad? wtf?
at least promise us the PoB functionalities will be implemented in another way into PoE. otherwise this is the worst news since "bestiary nets".

This is basically my gut reaction. Bad news. Instantly I started bracing myself for pob updates halting.

"
MMPT86 wrote:
"We Hired the Developer of Path of Building!"
So... no more Pob? Well done!
GGG fkng us more and more everyday.

:/ Indeed. Hope I'm wrong.

Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
That's a proper PR marketing. Respects :)!
Blizzard sucks
PoB is going to be better than ever. They wouldn't hire him and promote PoB with the intent to kill it, I would imagine. My uneducated guess is PoB will get polished so GGG can bring it on board and who knows what the future holds from there?

Side note, GGG has been knocking it out of the park lately!
Conspiracy theory: POB made POE to calculable and predictable.

GGG doesn't want us to min max theorycrafting their game.

To make sure he accepts he gets a job.
Well deserved for sure.

Gratz to you.
I'm more excited about this than Blizzard fans are about Diablo Immortal
The avatar showing Elreon kinda looks like "wtf did i just see?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info