Skill Rework - Ice Nova and Vortex

seems interesting.. how about ice trap??
Frostbolt on totems or poet's pen will still be superior in every way to any of the clunky interactions you are presenting here. So the rework is absolutely useless.

The ice spear rework looks promising (but you will butcher the damage numbers, I'm sure. Otherwise we'd have a good single target spell and that's unheard of.)

also:
"
The skill now has a unique interaction if supported by Spell Echo

this is something that should be put on threshold jewels! you are now knowingly introducing "unique" interactions that no player can guess, because no other skills behave that way. that is bad design and simply aweful.
Last edited by PopeJo on Oct 30, 2018, 3:06:50 AM
"
Breakleg wrote:
Why didn't you just make Ice Nova and Vortex thresh hold jewels or support gems for them frost bolt hits an enemy.

Yup I was hoping they'd simplify it like that. The rework I was hoping is when these active skills that interact with each other are linked, the other will trigger automatically when you hit. But yup a threshold jewel would be better I guess, for extra linked slot. I tried it before and quickly realized it was not for me since trying to move constantly and targeting frostbolts for vortex interaction was too much for my slow fingers and old man's reflex.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
"
element274 wrote:
"
Breakleg wrote:
Why didn't you just make Ice Nova and Vortex thresh hold jewels or support gems for them frost bolt hits an enemy.

Yup I was hoping they'd simplify it like that. The rework I was hoping is when these active skills that interact with each other are linked, the other will trigger automatically when you hit. But yup a threshold jewel would be better I guess, for extra linked slot. I tried it before and quickly realized it was not for me since trying to move constantly and targeting frostbolts for vortex interaction was too much for my slow fingers and old man's reflex.

"I was hoping is when these active skills that interact with each other are linked, the other will trigger automatically when you hit."

This would be ideal.
Anyone reading this blog post needs to start from page 5! Where someone with actual time with these spells (endless time) and has got them to work decently, and weighs in with feedback and VISUAL EVIDENCE. 95% of the posts in thread are oblivious to how this spell works and is used now. They all moved on to the cookie cutter builds that instantly gratify you. "TLDR Civilization" now. I thought D3 set the bar for dumbing down video games?
Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 3:14:16 AM
you mean this: https://youtu.be/qH1Ol4pOz9g

i saw it

it is terrible. you are gimping yourself with Vortex. pure Frostbolt is MUCH better than your take on it

double skill HAS NO PLACE in current game. POE is a wealth farming sim at this point and you need clear speed for that. your build is.. terrible. my MELEE characters are faster while not being crit (and that means they deal like 10% of crit builds)

so please, forget about it ever being good. your build power standards are low (outdated, not fitting current broken power creep) so you enjoyed it. play poet's pen frostbolt/arc and youll see what is current 'power'. once you see it you wont ever play your old character again

btw writing in all caps.. in 2018?
"
sidtherat wrote:
you mean this: https://youtu.be/qH1Ol4pOz9g

i saw it

it is terrible. you are gimping yourself with Vortex. pure Frostbolt is MUCH better than your take on it

double skill HAS NO PLACE in current game. POE is a wealth farming sim at this point and you need clear speed for that. your build is.. terrible. my MELEE characters are faster while not being crit (and that means they deal like 10% of crit builds)

so please, forget about it ever being good. your build power standards are low (outdated, not fitting current broken power creep) so you enjoyed it. play poet's pen frostbolt/arc and youll see what is current 'power'. once you see it you wont ever play your old character again

btw writing in all caps.. in 2018?

Dude I have just fine clear speed. Have you seen the RF builds that walk at 1 mph?

Not to mention in those videos, i'm taking it a bit easy so you can see each different type of interaction while using the spell.

Your too opaque to notice though. Why the fvck even weigh in on it if you don't use the spell?

P.S. I do 800k DPS at best on hit. (i don't focus on DoT with vortex). 400k at least.
Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 3:37:46 AM
Video pls
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Oct 30, 2018, 3:45:06 AM
you do not accomplish anything in this game. all you do here (unless you RMT) is wasting your time - this is a GAME. not a CAREER..

this game is a wealth farming sim - and what matters is how fast you do it. your build SUCKS at this. time to understand how current game looks like and how it plays. speed speed speed speed - build that requires TWO clicks for one action is 50% shit

you do not have 'decent' clear speed. the damage is mediocre. all because you combine one good skill (frostbolt) with turd (vortex) for no reason

there is no benefit to this combination. you can do it. but there is literally no reason other than 'being different'
Last edited by sidtherat on Oct 30, 2018, 3:48:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info