Skill Rework - Ice Nova and Vortex

"
Kijostyle420 wrote:
"
There was a time Vortex was something with chain explosions of HoI with AoE gem before all the aoe slaughter.

But as i said before in this post Vortex could have been a channeling cold skill like Ray of Frost with Steel Storm rune from D3. It fits the name and it could have been a real rework separating it from Ice Nova/Cold Snap look alike skill.

yes quite unreal. 2 very popular games. D3 and PoE. both couldn't get this spell right.

even though in the background they are data mining everything said and done and had a DIRECT EXAMPLE from which to base their changes on.

I honestly believe tho GGG could have done it way cooler and way better than what D3 did :) AoE increases while channeling and they could keep the DoT theme of Vortex. Kind of SR but with cold whirling air (Vortex) around you.
Attack Speed Meta year 2013 - 2028
Last edited by hydrodyne19 on Oct 30, 2018, 5:09:37 AM
where lightning strike tho
niceuuuuu
We got an active DPS on Phase Run, maybe ?
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
all that's left now is removing cooldown of cold snap..
New Poet's Pen combination - Frostbolt/Nova?
"
Okias wrote:
ok cool but I hope self-casting gets some supplementary buffs otherwise this is all just fodder for PP for yet another league.

^Seconded. Self-casting in general is starting to feel so bad compared to the alternatives with too many spells imo. I get that uniques are supposed to have their advantages but things like mine glacial cascade are making me pass up on cool skills because self-casting will always be inferior. And no, I'm not into mines at all.
If GGG would like to have real variability in the game, they would not be restricting the interaction with Frostbolt only, but add the same interaction with all "ball" spells.

It could lead into some stupidly interesting combos. Vortex shooting 4 ball lightnings? Count me in. But frost bolt is just boring.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
How Ice nova and vortex will interact with Frostbolt cast by cospri ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info