Skill Rework - Ice Nova and Vortex

Frostbolt-ice nova poets pen meta incoming beware!!!
"
Breakleg wrote:
Sigh. Still trash. Still chained to F***ing frostbolt. Why didn't you just make Ice Nova and Vortex thresh hold jewels or support gems for them frost bolt hits an enemy.

If you build right, the cast on X is barely noticeable. What is noticeable is dying from lack of DPS when you need to self cast Vortex (like if you wanted to TANK a boss)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH1Ol4pOz9g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rAWRZJuFtM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2dKqTbpmH4
Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 2:08:12 AM
I never liked this Interaction with Frostbolt. We dont need another ranged clear skill. I want to take my pledge of hands, warp into a pack and destroy it. Larger base AoE was needed on top of damage increase, not that forstbolt crap.
Soooo.... ice nova and vortex behave similar now and are both tied to frostbolt for valid aoe, but ice nova is hit&on hit and vortex is dot?

Also; cooldown on vortex because ??? dont understand thought proces tbh. Not like these reworks suggest these skills are intended to be best for clearing packs and you should use ice spear for bosses. Will probably find it's most effective use on poet's pen regardless. And that cooldown isn't gonna stop that stuff from frying my pc either by the looks of it.

Tl;dr Limiting options on the skills by introducing cooldown and forced interaction with frostbolt or missing out. Ice spear rework: 9/10, this rework: same, but different, but same 5/10. Not that a random opinion matters anyway.
Looks awful, I mean the frostbolt interaction is just awful - it always has been. How is it better than just GMP spamming frostbolt with mega proj speed? I just don't understand why anyone would gimp themselves with a spell trigger setup like this.

GGG please fire your rework team, or at least put them on paid leave so they can get their act together.
well....that just killed cospri vortex completely.

Good job.

Nothing better than having to juggle two to three skills back and forth to be on par with just using one skill at will like 99% of builds.

I thought you guys were out to make ice nova and vortex better...not chain it further down to that clunky frostbolt gimmick.

Who is going to use any of that as a standalone skill? Nobody.
At best, you've given players something else to play with in a cwdt setup, just like frost bomb.
rework?

this is not a rework. this is numerical change. change that you told us YEAR ago you wont do because you want to do it 'properly'.

guess what.. we were lied to. cool, did not expect any better

and now onto the rework, because it is getting better:

- is the skill compatible with stat stick? NO. (-)
- can it offscreen by default? NO. (-)
- does it require more than one button press to unleash full potential? YES (-)
- will it work great with Poet's Pen? YES

in short - a skill that works great when used in one build via one item and nothing else

great rework. ofc the damage numbers will be obscene - you have to compete with stat stick compatible skills after all.

how shallow this game has became..
"
Looks awful, I mean the frostbolt interaction is just awful - it always has been. How is it better than just GMP spamming frostbolt with mega proj speed? I just don't understand why anyone would gimp themselves with a spell trigger setup like this.

GGG please fire your rework team, or at least put them on paid leave so they can get their act together.

Because when u use it that way it does more DPS and clears everything.

When you need to self cast it, because bosses jump on you + everything is 1 shot death and you want to leech life..., its a limp d1ck that reverts your progress for WEEKS!

I should have been 100 months ago.

The spell just needs 40% more damage when self casting..
Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 2:50:03 AM
YES VID PLEASE? BUT IT IS VERY COOL!
"
I never liked this Interaction with Frostbolt. We dont need another ranged clear skill. I want to take my pledge of hands, warp into a pack and destroy it. Larger base AoE was needed on top of damage increase, not that forstbolt crap.

"We dont need another ranged clear skill."
But we have it now... and people are and were trying to use it. So what we just remove it from the game?

Why aren't we getting rid of the 445% movement speed RANGERS with MIRAGE ARCHER that have EXACT DPS as THEMSELVES!
Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 5:19:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info