Skill Rework - Ice Nova and Vortex

I was really hoping to divorce these two spells from frostbolt and make them stand on their own, or at least just Ice Nova.

I'm sure it will still be an improvement, but as Ice Nova was my original skill of choice I hate seeing it being tied to a separate skill like this now.
I said what I had to say and I apologize for being exclamatory or talking sh1t.

Please watch these videos.

https://youtu.be/qH1Ol4pOz9g

https://youtu.be/-rAWRZJuFtM?t=80

I can run T16 maps no problem. I have 4k life. 300 ES.
This spell is only bad against single targets like END GAME BOSSES.
Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 12:23:10 AM
I have never made a suggestion over this but i was really hopping for the Vortex to get a rework to a channeling skill to be something like Ray of Frost with Steel Storm rune from D3 and separate it from a Cold Snap/Ice Nova look alike spell.

I believe this would be the best outcome.
Finally, i've been wanting to do a DoT cold build. But vortex and frostbolt mechanics made it weird to be effective. Hope this rework changes that.
It's been a whole year and a half. AoE spells are still trash. Can you please just review the butchery that 2.6.0 was and give some of these skills +base radius?
"
RubySydell wrote:
I was really hoping to divorce these two spells from frostbolt and make them stand on their own, or at least just Ice Nova.

I'm sure it will still be an improvement, but as Ice Nova was my original skill of choice I hate seeing it being tied to a separate skill like this now.

The simple solution is 40% added damage to Vortex when self casted. That is all that is needed. Watch my videos linked 50x in this thread.

Give it the same DPS it would have when "Cast on X".

Boom! The spell would instantly be viable all the way to end game. I would have NOTHING to complain about.

Keep 40% for "CAST on X" and ADD 40% to Vortex COLD DPS when SELF CASTED!

I would think ICE NOVA should have the exact AoE + general DPS as Vortex.

Also, why can't ICE SPEAR be used with vortex or Ice Nova?
Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 12:52:30 AM
I think a skill that's called Vortex should have the ability to pull targets towards the vortex. Like Vaal Cyclone but at <50% effective.
"
prmisc wrote:
I think a skill that's called Vortex should have the ability to pull targets towards the vortex. Like Vaal Cyclone but at <50% effective.

Always wanted a vacuum FX, but then would that would sorta of ruin the reason to get more AoE.

I guess a pulling effect wouldn't really ruin anything. This would be godly. Good idea!

Why can't they just add VAAL Vortex. With increased DPS like I suggest and some other mod that makes you not want to play it.
Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 1:00:12 AM
Hello poet's pen!
Inclined to agree that the changes look decidedly weak. There's not much there to play around with. The frostbolts themselves will kill anything they slap with the vortex and ice nova. Neither one really adds the additional clear that this is suggesting they will because of the hit boxes on FB. I doubt either of these skills will be used beyond a cursory glance just like they are now. It's a shame really I'd like to use the MTX I bought for it and Discharge but they're all so garbage now there's no point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info