Skill Rework - Ice Nova and Vortex

I've honestly never been more disappointed in a rework...
Kick names & take ass!
Watch my videos. I see nothing wrong with Vortex except speed and single target (self cast) dps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH1Ol4pOz9g

Watch this video. Vortex is GOOD the way it is , except against single targets (BOSSES).

Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 12:01:54 AM
https://youtu.be/-rAWRZJuFtM

Here you can see the difference between "SELF CAST" and "CAST ON"

Self Cast is used as a last resort defense for me. If my flame dash don't work or im surrounded, I just cast in place and deal with lower DPS.

But make NO MISTAKE!, I have to use "CAST ON" to do ANY worthy damage in higher tier maps or against any bosses.

I use ALL PORTALS to beat elder and guardian.. What else do you want from players using this spell?!
"
Zambuze wrote:
I've honestly never been more disappointed in a rework...

I have spent hundreds of dollars on this game. I actually play the spells in question. Everyone's comment is irrelevant. My words and actions will be lost

https://youtu.be/NoAzpa1x7jU?t=142

They deleted my resume I linked too, but I've been an object oriented developer for over 20+ years. That carries no weight in the discussion here of course.

Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 29, 2018, 11:43:39 PM
Vortex was my favorite spell pre-3.0 and pre aoe nerf.

Now that its area is still shit and the dmg is gone trying to make it work is really hard and the added cooldown is just the nail in the coffin.

Vortex is only used as a support skill to chill enemies anymore and this just pigeon holes it more so into it unless you can make it work in poet's pen which makes going self cast ever pointless.
I see no damage or AoE changes to Vortex, making it literally worse in every possible way. Seriously, could you please just make the skill actually do real damage? The problem with Vortex IS NOT HOW IT TIES IN TO OTHER SKILLS.

Also, Ice Nova might be leveling spell again.
"
ZannixFTW wrote:
Vortex was my favorite spell pre-3.0 and pre aoe nerf.

Now that its area is still shit and the dmg is gone trying to make it work is really hard and the added cooldown is just the nail in the coffin.

Vortex is only used as a support skill to chill enemies anymore and this just pigeon holes it more so into it unless you can make it work in poet's pen which makes going self cast ever pointless.

No, Vortex is good as a MAIN SKILL the way they re-designed it. You, others, and clearly the devs or beta testers didn't have the patience to play with it long enough to find out how to make it work.

When they added the Cast On X it made it almost viable. Now it just needs a SINGLE TARGET SELF CAST DPS BOOST FOR FIGHTING BOSSES
Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 12:36:35 AM
Please only make the change about FrostBolts detonating automatically. That is the only part of these changes that sound OK.

Everything else sounds like I just wasted hundreds of dollars and hours of my life and should just stop my pursuit of 100 until this decision is CANCELED OR REVISED DRASTICALLY!
"
Ashriel wrote:
"
Commoble wrote:
Nooo what if I want to cast Vortex five times per second

GGG has raised a big, fat middle finger to you and everyone else. The skills are horribly outdated right now, but with this new forced interaction and losing the "more" damage on cast (that no one uses already because it's way too clunky, not to mention the damage isn't enough to begin with after the death of double-dipping), even fewer builds will try to use them. Ice Nova sounds marginally better, but this "with a short delay" is bull crap. Vortex, on the other hand, is complete garbage - a one-plus-second cooldown at level 20? That is not remotely fun, plus it utterly ANNIHILATES the trigger interaction (which has been broken since 1.0.0).

Whoever designed these and miraculously got approved needs to actually play this game and have a long think about why this clueless design doesn't belong here. Just because these skills need redesigns and we want them to be redone doesn't mean you can implement whatever bird-brained ideas you want.

You did not run Vortex anywhere near lvl 95 or higher. That means you didn't spend weeks trying all different setups trying to get this spell to work. I have tried everything to use vortex. I did not follow a single guide on how to play this game. I chose a horse and rode. Now I finally got it to work (barely) and will be able to get to lvl 100.

My only problem is being able to really run any T14+ or higher bosses without dying 2 or 3 times.

Focused on DoT, Focused on Crit, Focused on Chaos, Focused on AoE an AD, Focused on Cast Speed, Completely redid my skill tree at lvl 90 over 15 times.

I had planned on releasing a guide to show everyone how I got the spell to work, maybe more people would have been excited/interested to use the spell and then we could have had actual solid feedback and suggestions. Now by the time I would be able to create a guide like that and show end game results, they want to change it. It is an awesome spell that is great at clearing a room and almost being able to tank like a "barb". With like 40% more dps (Self Cast), this spell would be perfect. (the same benefit "cast on X" gives it is the same boost it requires for self cast.

Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 12:42:48 AM
"
esbenthedane wrote:
Yes! Finally a vortex rework, Can't wait!
GG

Re-work the spells that all you followers use. None of you built your own char from the ground up. You pick a pre-built guide n FOLLOWED.

OVER 85% of the player base is the SAME BUILDS w/ DIFFERENT MTX!

You never spent enough time with the spell to even comment! GO PLAY YOUR COOKIE CUTTER SHlT BUILD THAT REQUIRES NO; 1) Patience 2) Skill to play 3) Difficulty in advancing 4) Determination 5) Perseverance

I learned this game on my own and purposely used a skill that no one was using.

I have not given up after 40 (24 hours periods) of trying to get Vortex to work.
That goes to show you how it needs more DPS, period.

Why did I keep trying, because as a developer myself, I knew that GGG devs had to have done the math and the spell should be pretty damn close. So I used Vortex knowing that is was frowned upon but may be eventually improved.
Last edited by Kijostyle420 on Oct 30, 2018, 12:04:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info