{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Oh... I see! thanks for the response didn't realize how important dodge was.

Unintentionally got these does it still work just as well for ball lighting?

Also I'm still using a mortem morsu when should I replace that?
I don't understand how to run hearld of agony and hatred, It reserves 99% of my mana and I have 12 mana, in the video you have 100/1441 Mana that is 93%, this is kind of a big deal. I'm about to buy an Aul's with hatred lol

Edit, so after swapping a couple gems, and putting some different rings on, I raised my mana to More than what you had in the video, over 1500 mana, and My usable mana is 15, while yours is 100. So I must be missing something here, scoured the guided, looked at items, followed the passive tree.. I don't understand how your mana is only being resereved by 93% and mine 99%
Last edited by Chicosuave on Dec 30, 2018, 11:23:18 PM
@ Vexorr:
"
Vexorr wrote:

80% increased projectile speed cuts Ball Lightning's hits in half. So it'll take twice as long to reach Virulence cap. Since I don't know the degen algorithm for Virulence, I can't say whether 40 stacks can be maintained if you're only inflicting ~10 poisons per second. You'll have to test in person to verify.

You should replace Mortem Morsu when you are no longer using Static Strike. The Poison Chance only affects Attacks, which makes it great for Static Strike but pointless for Ball Lightning.

@ Chicosuave:
"
Chicosuave wrote:
I don't understand how to run hearld of agony and hatred, It reserves 99% of my mana and I have 12 mana, in the video you have 100/1441 Mana that is 93%, this is kind of a big deal. I'm about to buy an Aul's with hatred lol

Edit, so after swapping a couple gems, and putting some different rings on, I raised my mana to More than what you had in the video, over 1500 mana, and My usable mana is 15, while yours is 100. So I must be missing something here, scoured the guided, looked at items, followed the passive tree.. I don't understand how your mana is only being resereved by 93% and mine 99%

Your characters are private, so I cannot check what is wrong, but you probably have a large mana multiplier on Herald of Agony. Support affixes apply the same mana multiplier as the real gem.

For example, if your weapon has "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level x Elemental Damage with Attacks", that's a 140% mana multiplier. By comparison, Maim Support is only 115% and Added Fire Support is 120%. Much smaller. I talked about being careful of this in the Gem Links and Gear section.
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 31, 2018, 4:22:32 AM
"
Hercanic wrote:
@ Vexorr:
"
Vexorr wrote:

80% increased projectile speed cuts Ball Lightning's hits in half. So it'll take twice as long to hit Virulence cap. Since I don't know the degen algorithm for Virulence, I can't say whether 40 stacks can be maintained if you're only inflicting ~10 poisons per second. You'll have to test in person to verify.

@ Chicosuave:
"
Chicosuave wrote:

Your characters are private, so I cannot check what is wrong, but you probably have a large mana multiplier on Herald of Agony. Support affixes apply the same mana multiplier as the real gem.

For example, if your weapon has "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level x Elemental Damage with Attacks", that's a 140% mana multiplier. By comparison, Maim Support is only 115% and Added Fire Support is 120%. Much smaller. I talked about being careful of this in the Gem Links and Gear section.

Ah makes sense, i took it off private, My weapon has 3 skills .
@ Chicosuave:
"
Chicosuave wrote:
Ah makes sense, i took it off private, My weapon has 3 skills.

Yep, four supports is what put you over.

115% Maim
120% Added Fire Damage
125% Empower
115% Faster Attacks

1.15 * 1.20 * 1.25 * 1.15 = 1.984 or 198%

So the multiplier is almost doubled. 25% for Herald of Agony becomes 49.59%. Together with 50% from Hatred you're left with ~0.41% of your mana (depending on how PoE rounds).

This is why we focus on level stacking for the Agony Crawler. +Levels increase damage without any additional mana multiplier.

Why do you have Minion Speed Support on Spectres/Phantasms? Should be Minion Damage Support, in case you misread the gem at some point.

You don't want to level up Spirit Offering above 8 or CWDT above 1, since its primary purpose is corpse removal, so we want it to trigger often and reliably. The buff is just a bonus. It doesn't increase very much with level, anyway, either.

You seem to be missing about 3 skill points. Did you complete all the Book of Skill quests? Type /passives in the chatbox to find out what you're missing.

You don't need two Violent Dead jewels. Slam is a modest contribution to our Zombies, who are themselves a minor part of our damage. I did some calculations.

w/o Slam = 338,312 DPS (as originally shown in the DPS Breakdown section)
w/ Slam = 367,181 DPS

So Slam is 9% more damage. If we factor in the two jewels:

0.70 Slam delay @ 49,041 damage (60% increased Slam damage + 30% increased minion damage from Violent Dead)
0.55 Default delay @ 23,121 damage
--- 1.25 seconds elapsed ---
--- can Slam again w/ 2 Violent Dead jewels ---

= 1.25 total delay @ 72,162 total damage dealt
= 72,162 / 1.25 = 57,730 * 8 Zombies = 461,837 total Zombie DPS

That's 26% more damage for Zombies, but at the expense of a Life jewel and Unending Hunger for Spectres.

Out of 4,726,230 total DPS, Zombies account for 7% of it. So 7% * 1.26 = 9% damage, or a 2% increase.

Zombies perform several roles in our army, but raw damage isn't really one of them. So there's not much reason to devote limited jewel sockets to their damage.

I'd recommend replacing them with Unending Hunger (Soul Eater is crazy-good infinite cast speed for Spectres while mapping) and a Life/Damage jewel.

Oh, neat:
"
Soul Eater will no longer grant reduced physical damage taken or elemental resistances for players who have it. Monsters and minions will still benefit from both reduced physical damage taken and elemental resistances per eaten soul.

I thought the 3.0 change affected Spectres, too, but it didn't! So Spectres still get the defense bonuses. Nice! That makes Unending Hunger even better, as it increases Spectre tankiness with 5% increased Damage Reduction per soul!
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 31, 2018, 4:27:41 AM
Awesome thank you for all your help I'll make the changes :)

Edit: Also yes i'm missing 3 passives from the acts. I'll go grab those.. thanks :) Made the changes too.
Last edited by Chicosuave on Dec 31, 2018, 4:39:34 AM
LEVELING STATUS

Act 4 completed without any issues. If your Hideout has a zone level of 60, like mine, then early on you can use it to raise your Flame Sentinels to whatever gem cap Raise Spectre and Desecrate are at. Level 47 in my case. Very nice. Beware that some Hideout layouts are zone level 20, so be sure to double-check before using this trick.

Self-found gear @ level 43:

Second weapon set:
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 31, 2018, 5:51:21 AM
Hi there
First I have to say thank you for this amazing build, it's really fun to play and the guide looks just amazing.
I'm at lvl 90 right now and can do T14 maps without problems (didn't found higher maps so far).
But I have a problem with syndicate in high maps, get one shotted nearly every time I encounter Fortification on a T12+ map.
Could you please look over my gear (and maybe skilltree as well) and tell me how to improve my build?
Hi. Love the guide, but I have a question. How important is it that the weapon I use be a claw? Right now I can't find any affordable claws or even one-handed swords with +1 to level of socketed gems and maim, but there are a few maces within my price range. Should I just go with a mace? Right now I'm using the claw unique The Scourge. Thanks.
"
JamDrum wrote:
Hi. Love the guide, but I have a question. How important is it that the weapon I use be a claw? Right now I can't find any affordable claws or even one-handed swords with +1 to level of socketed gems and maim, but there are a few maces within my price range. Should I just go with a mace? Right now I'm using the claw unique The Scourge. Thanks.

I'm using a mace, works well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info