{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

@ MarkeMarke:
"
MarkeMarke wrote:
I had a question surrounding Bloodlust. Since im mostly doing mapping and delve now. Wont multistrike just be better then bloodlust. cause i rarely use the dash on most mobs. But i tend to use skeletons and vaal skeletons more freqently in hihger content just for more dmg and more bodies. So in those cases i feel bloodlust almost a dead gem?

Sure, you could do that.

Bloodlust is to push Skeleton DPS through the roof against the toughest endgame bosses. For mapping, Skeletons pretty much kill anything in one hit anyway, so it's fine if Bloodlust isn't always active.

Multistrike or Melee Splash would boost their clear ability, but as I rarely need to use Skeletons while mapping I don't bother worrying about gem swapping for them. But it's definitely an option.

@ zackforbing:
"
zackforbing wrote:
oh damn, I noticed there is a +2 to socketed support gems for weapon too...not sure which would be overall better? that'd be ANOTHER two levels to zombies and the crawler, but the spectres and skellies wouldn't get buffed at all, vs 28% increased life and damage to ALL your minions.

would you go for an elder bone helm? only one available in the market right now, and it's 10ex, but might be something to shoot for with crafting since we have Guff's free crafting available.

Crafting mods
Prefix: Minions have 28% increased Damage/Life (4c)
Prefix: +2 to Socketed Support Gems (1ex)
Suffix: Minions have 15% increased Attack/Cast Speed (4c)
Suffix: Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers (2ex)

Shaper mods
Prefix: +1 to Level of Socketed Gems
Prefix: Socketed Gems are Supported by Level x Added Fire Damage
Suffix: Socketed Gems are Supported by Level x Maim

Possible claw
Prefix: +1 to Level of Socketed Gems
Suffix: Socketed Gems are Supported by Level x Maim
Suffix: Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers (2ex)
Prefix: Minions have 28% increased Damage/Life (4c)
Prefix: +2 to Socketed Support Gems (1ex)
Suffix: Minions have 15% increased Attack/Cast Speed (4c)

You could craft this using a variant of the metacrafting method, aiming for Maim on a scoured Shaper Gemini Claw and then following this method to get +1.

(Note: I am valuing +2 to Supports above Added Fire since it's a similar damage boost while having no mana multiplier as well as increasing Zombie life.)

As for a Bone Helm, the 40% increased Minion Damage implicit is better than most Labyrinth enchantments you're likely to get.

@ Rakio:
"
Rakio wrote:
Great thread @Hercanic. Thanks for putting the effort in!

I really like lazy play styles, hence I went with an arc totem to start with.

Speaker of the Dead seems lazy except that I will have to spam/air punch a skill to get LoH?

Also requires some movement to avoid damage. Kinda doing that with my arc totem so maybe not that big of a difference.

This build can be played even lazier than totem builds, because you needn't cast anything like totems every ten steps. You can walk or Shield Charge around most of the time if you prefer, and using Charged Dash is movement and casting rolled into one.

Because Charged Dash accomplishes so many things simultaneously, you'll feel like you're doing quite a bit without doing much at all. It's like having the best of both worlds.

@ Hastur8 and zackforbing:
"
zackforbing wrote:
"
Hastur8 wrote:
"
Matchrocket wrote:
Charged Dash is more of a death wish than anything else for this build. It has a habit of releasing when you don't want it to (Lag? [50ms typical Latency] Can't figure it out.

I'm having a similar problem as above. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

P.S. Thanks for the guide - very fun build.

if you stop channeling when you take damage, then that's the culprit. I noticed it, thought that was the reason. and it seems like a great tradeoff because with any luck (or thinking ahead) you've teleported away from the threat.

Addressed in my previous reply, third response:
"
Hercanic wrote:
Charged Dash releasing prematurely may be a sign of your mouse going out. Otherwise, it means your character was stunned, which breaks the channel and thus teleports you to your illusion. This can be to your benefit, such as how I easily teleported out of Red Elder's stun-siphon. If your total life is low, stuns will happen more frequently. In that case, keep your channeling brief to avoid getting knocked too deeply into enemy territory.

@ Smogs:
"
Smogs wrote:
Advantages of this build versus the many other summoner variants out there (soulwrest phantasms, zombies, pure skeles, etc etc)? Not brand new to PoE, but I'm wanting to try out a summoner.

While this guide is by far the most thorough and impressive, I'm having a hard time parsing through the huge amount of summoner builds to really tell the big differences between them.

We have way more damage than most summoners and few of their weaknesses. Soulwrest Phantasms are weaker on bosses, while zombies/skeletons are slower on map clear. Since we use all of those minions and more together, in any situation where one is weak another will shine.

Our effective life tends to be lower than a Baron (5-7k life/2-4k ES), Kaom's Heart (8-9k life), MoM (4-6k life/2-3k mana), or ES build (7-13k ES), but we can reliably maintain Fortify on Charged Dash for an equivalent 25% more life if needed (7k * 1.25 = 8.75k).

@ ArmedCiv:
"
MarkeMarke wrote:
"
ArmedCiv wrote:
Since I don't have Minion Damage on my Belly

In Boss fights where it is just a single entity and no extra enemy minions, should I rotate phantasms out and put my Minion Damage in there in its place?

check under boss information. For endgame bosses there are 4 gems u swap out for more dmg vs bosses. u only keep spectre+minion dmg of the base gems.

Use Minion Damage over Spell Echo. Otherwise it's the same swap. Vile Toxins, Pierce, Controlled Destruction, Minion Damage. You can use Spell Echo instead of CD for more damage (53% vs 44%), but bear in mind it locks Spectres in place for longer over two fast casts than they otherwise would be for a normal single cast (thus a DPS loss if the target moves and the second cast misses, or if the target dies to the first hit the Spectre is stuck firing in that direction instead of acquiring a new target). It'll give you two uses of Special Beam Cannon from your Solar Guard, but that also includes the charge-up animation, so the overall DPS isn't as high as the raw numbers imply.

@ midknight90:
"
midknight90 wrote:
What is the reason to use melee physical damage support instead of minion damage support on the skeletons? Doesn't minion damage give greater damage bonus at 20/20 and boost archers and mages from vaal skeletons too? Or is it calculated differently?

Look at the mods on the helmet. We have Minion Damage Support built in. You cannot use two of the same support gem, even if one is coming from an item.

@ Mibgestalt:
"
Mibgestalt wrote:
Been following this build for my first serious PoE character, playing in Betrayal League.

Have to say, it's been an absolute blast and is just as new-player friendly as advertised. I've cleared up to T13 with no problem, including Red Elder, so far. The build keeps you safe enough and kills things efficiently enough that I've never felt like I hit a wall.

I ended up switching Charged Dash out for Blade Flurry for now. While I do love the mobility, a huge portion of the deaths I suffer are from Charged Dash going off seemingly randomly (either from taking hits or lag I'm not sure), sending me hurtling into something like a Syndicate fortification ahead of my minions which ends in my quick death. I'm sure I could just NOT hold down my channel forever and it wouldn't happen, but I'm lazy.

I feel like I've got a solid set of base gear for end-game. My next steps are to secure stuff that costs above an Exalt. Belly, maim + level claws, and a +3 minion hat with decent survival stats, etc.

Just wanted to say thanks for the build and to vouch that it works as advertised for a new player, even in the (early? mid? idk) end-game.

Character link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mibgestalt/characters?characterName=%3CEdoTenseiBB%3E

Awesome!

For Charged Dash releasing prematurely, read my fourth reply in this post.

To enable your characters to be publicly visible, go into your Privacy Settings and unmark "Hide Characters tab."
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 27, 2018, 12:10:09 AM
"
Awesome!

For Charged Dash releasing prematurely, read my fourth reply in this post.

To enable your characters to be publicly visible, go into your Privacy Settings and unmark "Hide Characters tab."

Whoops, fixed it.

Yeah, right now I am just carrying both Charged Dash and Blade Flurry. Charged Dash for anything I want to speed through, and Blade Flurry for anything I'm worried about dying on, at least til I get more used to doing shorter charged dashes, or possibly master circling the path around to not move so far. Blade Flurry is the super lazy safe variant too since you can change the direction of Lightning Ball as many times as you want in one channel.
Lovin the build, thanks a lot for the well thought out and detailed guide. Just got to 93, done everything except Uber Elder and will probably try him soon. Was wondering though, if it's even a good idea, which gem could be swapped out to put holy relic somewhere else so I can double curse? Got the Shaper unset with +14 life on spell, but I"m thinking enfeeble might be a little better. Thanks for your or anyone else's help.
Is there a specific way to target the +2 to supported gems unveil? Or a map level requirement to unlock it?
i cant find your passive trees
"
Azertyzerta wrote:
Is there a specific way to target the +2 to supported gems unveil? Or a map level requirement to unlock it?

there isn't any way to target veiled mods that I'm aware of. just try to get as many encounters as possible to get more spins of the RNG wheel, ie, grind syndicate encounters in act 10 ossuary. it's pretty fast once you get the pattern down.
I saw in one of your replies that you prefer to add chaos damage to spells that way your ball lightning doesn't do cold damage if someone else is running Hatred aura.

But wouldn't charged dash do cold damage in this case?
Last edited by Norzgod on Dec 29, 2018, 4:45:46 PM
Would you prefer a pair of gloves with faster projectiles in addition to bleed/poison or without?
Seems useful for mapping to apply debuffs faster but does it cause problems with keeping 40 virulence on bosses? Any experiences with that?
"
blingi wrote:
Would you prefer a pair of gloves with faster projectiles in addition to bleed/poison or without?
Seems useful for mapping to apply debuffs faster but does it cause problems with keeping 40 virulence on bosses? Any experiences with that?

my first pair of gloves had FP on them, and yes, it's much easier to keep virulence pinned at 40 without FP.

and honestly, with mapping you don't even really need the ball lightning all that much. it works well enough to just spam shield charge around and your minions get frenzy charges/soul eater and just mow packs down.
Last edited by zackforbing on Dec 29, 2018, 1:14:36 PM
"
zackforbing wrote:
"
blingi wrote:

my first pair of gloves had FP on them, and yes, it's much easier to keep virulence pinned at 40 without FP.

and honestly, with mapping you don't even really need the ball lightning all that much. it works well enough to just spam shield charge around and your minions get frenzy charges/soul eater and just mow packs down.

True but I have enfeeble and 10% blind on hit so I feel safer spamming ball lightning.

I dont care about the crawler during mapping, I'd just like to know if you keep up 40 stacks against single bosses with FP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info