{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

Thanks for the excellent guide! Very helpful for newer players like myself.

I have recently found a bone helmet and was wondering how I can get + minion gem level on it. Do i transmute/alt to get it or does that not work?
Hello all! new to necro builds and this was my first go at it.

https://pastebin.com/szmyg2H2

anything stand out as needing to be improved?

If you dont use pob you can check my profile as well

Thanks!
When an item has on hit .....

Chanse to cause bleeding on hit,
Chanse to maim on hit.

Is that counting towards physical hits, or will spell hits also cause bleed and maim?
Just came back into the league been out a for a few.

Was wondering why spend so many points getting acrobatics? Would it be possible to go ES instead?

Would a LL/CI build be viable?
@ Vexorr:
"
Vexorr wrote:
Just came back into the league been out a for a few.

Was wondering why spend so many points getting acrobatics? Would it be possible to go ES instead?

Would a LL/CI build be viable?

Hybrid Life/ES has potential, as we have easy access to ES nodes. CI, on the other hand, would be difficult.

CI depends heavily on good ES gear, but we want specific mods on our Helm and Gloves, so finding/crafting high ES on top of it is a tall order. Our Shield is spoken for, too.

What I like about the Hybrid ES route is that we could make use of Spirit Offering and Mistress of Sacrifice, as well as a Discipline Watcher's Eye that gives ES on Hit.

As for Acrobatics, while it may look like a lot of points, it's actually not that bad and is very competitive against staying on the left side of the tree for life nodes. We get three 20% life clusters that only require 3 points. Compared to 4-point life clusters, we can deduct one of the travel points for the 3-point clusters. Routing to Acrobatics also solves our DEX, meaning no strain on gear. We get easy access to several Jewel sockets, too, which are harder to get/less efficient on the left side of the tree. Not to mention Acrobatics is a huge survival boost for mapping/delving/incursions/syndicate or any place you have a lot of things attacking you. It may be chance-based, but the law of averages turns it into mitigation anywhere other than one-shots from endgame bosses.

Think of it this way, 40% Acrobatics and 17% shield block comes to 50% chance to avoid attacks. Only taking half of all attacks is equivalent to doubling your life against a group of attackers. Compared to your average Necro build that stays on the left side of the tree and has no block because of Aegis, Duo, or Queen's Escape, that's a huge difference in protection.

@ Tklaebo:
"
Tklaebo wrote:
When an item has on hit .....

Chanse to cause bleeding on hit,
Chanse to maim on hit.

Is that counting towards physical hits, or will spell hits also cause bleed and maim?

Attacks only.

@ Wildtrak:
"
WILDTRAK wrote:
i cant find your passive trees

First link under "Everything You Need."

@ Freelancer112:
"
Freelancer112 wrote:

Thanks!

Don't use Pierce over Faster Projectiles. Just one of our Phantasms has the same DPS as a Solar Guard (sans Soul Eater). Phantasms already pierce, but their range is incredibly short without Faster Projectiles. Phantasms are our main clear, Spectres support them. Frost Sentinel projectiles are pretty slow by default, though, so they benefit quite well from FP Support, too. You want your Frost Sentinel's long range to work for you, not against you, and to hit fast to ensure Freeze Proliferation does its job before monsters can even act.

The Physical Damage craft on your claw only affects hits with the claw. It does not apply to Ball Lightning. Remember, it has to explicitly say, "...to Spells" or it won't work. So right now Ball Lightning is not poisoning. You can verify by checking Ball Lightning's ingame DPS tooltip to see if it deals any Physical or Chaos Damage. You'll need a Hypnotic Jewel with flat Chaos Damage added to Spells.

You can drop the jewels Hollow Oculus and Hollow Sphere. Life takes priority. You want the Herbalism and Purity of Flesh life clusters before jewel sockets. That 32% life will become another 600 life for you. In the leveling guide's Epilogue Gear section, I added a bit more about getting enough life.

Your Helm does not have Minion Damage Support as an affix. You can replace Vile Toxins for Minion Damage (45% vs 49% + 15% increased w/ quality) until you do.

Faster Attacks Support on Shield Charge will make it feel much better, but I understand you're limited until you can get an Unset ring. Honestly, though, if I were in your position I'd swap Spirit Offering for Holy Relic and CWDT for Stone Golem. Delves might be a little scarier, but Freeze Proliferation helps cut down on dangerous corpses, too.

@ Truppensturm:
"
Truppensturm wrote:
Thanks for the excellent guide! Very helpful for newer players like myself.

I have recently found a bone helmet and was wondering how I can get + minion gem level on it. Do i transmute/alt to get it or does that not work?

You can vendor-craft +1, but for +2 it's an RNG roll using currency, like you said. +3 requires an item level of 86 or above. Hold down ALT when mousing over an item to see its Item Level. This indicates which mod tiers it can roll.

The helmet must be Elder-influenced (the tentacle background on the item) or it cannot roll Elder affixes like Minion Damage Support.

So if it's a normal Bone Helmet under iLevel 86 then the best you can get is "+2 to Level of Socketed Minion Gems."

@ blingi:
"
blingi wrote:
"
zackforbing wrote:
"
blingi wrote:
Would you prefer a pair of gloves with faster projectiles in addition to bleed/poison or without?
Seems useful for mapping to apply debuffs faster but does it cause problems with keeping 40 virulence on bosses? Any experiences with that?
my first pair of gloves had FP on them, and yes, it's much easier to keep virulence pinned at 40 without FP.

and honestly, with mapping you don't even really need the ball lightning all that much. it works well enough to just spam shield charge around and your minions get frenzy charges/soul eater and just mow packs down.
True but I have enfeeble and 10% blind on hit so I feel safer spamming ball lightning.

I dont care about the crawler during mapping, I'd just like to know if you keep up 40 stacks against single bosses with FP.

In the FAQ under Feedback is a section on Virulence stacking, which contains a link to a spreadsheet calculation for Ball Lightning. Download or make a copy of it to your own Google Drive so you can enter your Projectile Speed. This will let you see how much it'll reduce the hits of Ball Lightning.

@ Norzgod:
"
Norzgod wrote:
I saw in one of your replies that you prefer to add chaos damage to spells that way your ball lightning doesn't do cold damage if someone else is running Hatred aura.

But wouldn't charged dash do cold damage in this case?

Yes, but EE is overwritten every new hit. So when Charged Dash hits, Cold Damage is screwed because of Hatred. Then Ball Lightning hits, every 150 milliseconds per cast (so depending on how staggered the timing lines up they may be hit by different casts even quicker), and overwrites EE with only Lightning Damage. Cold Damage is no longer screwed until Charged Dash hits again.

Obviously it's not a perfect situation, but it's far better than the alternative, where Cold Damage is screwed 100% of the time.

@ Azertyzerta:
"
zackforbing wrote:
"
Azertyzerta wrote:
Is there a specific way to target the +2 to supported gems unveil? Or a map level requirement to unlock it?
there isn't any way to target veiled mods that I'm aware of. just try to get as many encounters as possible to get more spins of the RNG wheel, ie, grind syndicate encounters in act 10 ossuary. it's pretty fast once you get the pattern down.

+1/+2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems comes from the Syndicate Mastermind.

Here are all the crafting options and how to unlock them. Certain veiled mods are tied to specific Syndicate members, which you can see by mousing-over the (i) icon next to the mod.

@ soopadoopa:
"
soopadoopa wrote:
Lovin the build, thanks a lot for the well thought out and detailed guide. Just got to 93, done everything except Uber Elder and will probably try him soon. Was wondering though, if it's even a good idea, which gem could be swapped out to put holy relic somewhere else so I can double curse? Got the Shaper unset with +14 life on spell, but I"m thinking enfeeble might be a little better. Thanks for your or anyone else's help.

Spirit Offering + CWDT won't get much use against Uber Elder.

@ Mibgestalt:
"
Mibgestalt wrote:
Yeah, right now I am just carrying both Charged Dash and Blade Flurry. Charged Dash for anything I want to speed through, and Blade Flurry for anything I'm worried about dying on, at least til I get more used to doing shorter charged dashes, or possibly master circling the path around to not move so far. Blade Flurry is the super lazy safe variant too since you can change the direction of Lightning Ball as many times as you want in one channel.

Before I released this guide and was deep in the process of testing, I tossed out Charged Dash early on. I initially thought it'd be great, but in practice it felt weird and dangerous. For a long while I swapped between Static Strike for map clear and Blade Flurry for bosses. Over time, I grew to loathe the constant swaps, and really wanted a one-size-fits-all solution. So I took another look at Charged Dash. Still felt weird, but I stuck with it. As I grew accustomed, the benefits started to really shine. Understanding that much, I had enough motivation to stick with it and master its intricacies. As a result, I highly recommend everyone to do the same. Charged Dash really is the best overall option.

I especially love how terrible maps like Moon Temple, Cells, and Mineral Pools become a breeze. I simply ghost over their excessive gaps and iron bars like it was nothing.

Fights with hazards are tricky, because you must keep track of both your current location and your illusion's path. Using short bursts minimizes the risks and keeps you ever moving. That means no hiding in a corner, though.
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 30, 2018, 6:36:19 AM
Thanks.
What is your personal preference between using gloves with or without faster projectiles?

Another question, I'm using Basalt + Taste of Hate for physical reduction and wanted to ask if that can somehow interfere with my EE?

From my understanding the added extra cold won't apply to ball lightning since I'm using a chaos to spells gem, but it will affect my shield charge (which doesn't seem to be an issue).

Last edited by blingi on Dec 30, 2018, 6:31:29 AM
@ blingi:
"
blingi wrote:
Thanks.
What is your personal preference between using gloves with or without faster projectiles?

I wouldn't use it, because it cuts into LGoH and I want to swap around as few things as possible.

"
blingi wrote:
Another question, I'm using Basalt + Taste of Hate for physical reduction and wanted to ask if that can somehow interfere with my EE?

From my understanding the added extra cold won't apply to ball lightning since I'm using a chaos to spells gem, but it will affect my shield charge (which doesn't seem to be an issue).

Same situation as an ally's Hatred aura, so read my reply to Norzgod in the above post. It's right after my reply to you, in fact.
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 30, 2018, 6:45:11 AM

@ Freelancer112:
"
Freelancer112 wrote:

Thanks!

Don't use Pierce over Faster Projectiles. Just one of our Phantasms has the same DPS as a Solar Guard (sans Soul Eater). Phantasms already pierce, but their range is incredibly short without Faster Projectiles. Phantasms are our main clear, Spectres support them. Frost Sentinel projectiles are pretty slow by default, though, so they benefit quite well from FP Support, too. You want your Frost Sentinel's long range to work for you, not against you, and to hit fast to ensure Freeze Proliferation does its job before monsters can even act.

The Physical Damage craft on your claw only affects hits with the claw. It does not apply to Ball Lightning. Remember, it has to explicitly say, "...to Spells" or it won't work. So right now Ball Lightning is not poisoning. You can verify by checking Ball Lightning's ingame DPS tooltip to see if it deals any Physical or Chaos Damage. You'll need a Hypnotic Jewel with flat Chaos Damage added to Spells.

You can drop the jewels Hollow Oculus and Hollow Sphere. Life takes priority. You want the Herbalism and Purity of Flesh life clusters before jewel sockets. That 32% life will become another 600 life for you. In the leveling guide's Epilogue Gear section, I added a bit more about getting enough life.

Your Helm does not have Minion Damage Support as an affix. You can replace Vile Toxins for Minion Damage (45% vs 49% + 15% increased w/ quality) until you do.

Faster Attacks Support on Shield Charge will make it feel much better, but I understand you're limited until you can get an Unset ring. Honestly, though, if I were in your position I'd swap Spirit Offering for Holy Relic and CWDT for Stone Golem. Delves might be a little scarier, but Freeze Proliferation helps cut down on dangerous corpses, too.

oh my god i thought i needed chaos damage on minions. RIP. This changes the damage completely
Is there another option for triggering holy relics aoe besides charged dash?
I'm not quite sure why shield charge doesn't seem to trigger it.
@ blingi:
"
blingi wrote:
Is there another option for triggering holy relics aoe besides charged dash?
I'm not quite sure why shield charge doesn't seem to trigger it.

Any Attack works, including Shield Charge, but it must Hit a monster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info