{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
Awesome guide and fun build to play for farming / clearing. For map pushing... I am really starting to doubt its viability.

Maneuverability:

Charged Dash is more of a death wish than anything else for this build. It has a habit of releasing when you don't want it to (Lag? [50ms typical Latency] Can't figure it out. After 3 - 5 seconds of channeling it will release, and you will die. No questions.) and your dead before you can react. Secondly, trying to double tap Shield Dash with CHarged Dash release is very clunky and typical results in you being stuck on th boss and dead. I tried the alternative for Charged Dash and you have to be so damn close to the mobs, you die.

Survivability:

T8/9 Maps, 4K HP, and if you take ANY damage you die. I've been stuck at the 8.9 maps and level 85 for days due to deaths. Resistances Capped.

Zombies / Skeletons are down 95% of the time as well at this Tier. They just can't take any damage. Spectors are OKAYish. I use Desecrate (level 17) to summon, they rarely make it out of a map with 3/3 up.

Build is up-to-date in profile, really could use some advice.... really tired of of having zero tolerance to take ANY damage. I'm either 100% on health or dead.

P.S. New to PoE, first "end game" build.

I looked at your gear, and first off you could get much better stuff. half of your items don't have life on them, or if they do its very low, around 60. im running this build running any tier I can find and ive only died a couple times, and im not trying to be careful.

But to the gear. drop bones of ullr. we don't need the extra spectre or skele(I think that's what it was) compared to the movement speed and life that comes with rares. plus we can get +1 to spectres on rares so yeah. Also drop those gloves, not really sure why you're using them other than poison chance, but you can set up ball lightning easily by doing charged dash>cast while channeling>ball lightning> poison support. I did that for awhile, and it felt fine. also drop that claw. it's not useful because we don't need us to do any damage, when intead you could easily get 40% minion dmg for around a c, getting around 60 which is what I have as well as attack speed for around 15-20. these are on rares btw. as for why your zombies and spectres are dying, I don't know, but try to get some inc minion life on gear, as well as make sure oyu have all on tree(that is recommended). also your spectre's linked are messed up. you don't need minion speed, I would recommend spectre>phantasm>minion dmg>greater mult>ele proliferation, which take up your five link. It is another strong layer of defense. speaking of your five link, I would treat yourself to a couple high tier greed essences and re roll it.

My character is a level 86 and going strong, she not higher bc I am now starting my second character. Look at her gear and links if you want(name is necwophiwia), but also keep in mind that as this is one of your first characters, well its not a meme that everyone's first character is bad for nothing. my first "end game" build as you say made it to level 83 so no harm there.

Thanks for the feedback. One thing I immediately noticed... Betrayal prices / selection are 100x better than standard, that's for sure!

Might Re-Roll in League and give it another go.
Hi,

I've been following this build since the start of betrayal and i've started to build some okish gear for T6-T10 but I seem to be missing something.

In the original post not a single item has chaos resistance so what is going on?

I'm starting to get 1 shot with about 4.5k hp and full elem resistances. At present i'm looking to drop one of my rings giving chaos resistance to get the mark of submission but i don't think dropping a survivability ring to get more dps is going to help.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
before this league, there wasn't really a reason to stack chaos resistance. if you're getting your one-shots at syndicate encounters, then that's what it is. if not, it might be down to your playstyle. do you have fortify up via shield charge most of the time?

@hercanic:
I'm curious what your thoughts are about crafting, since it seems way more powerful this league. For example, getting 25-28% increased minion life and damage on the weapon. would any of these crafts change what you're looking for in jewels? Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill seems like it could be interesting too...
Last edited by zackforbing on Dec 23, 2018, 4:37:48 PM
GUIDE UPDATE
As I was seriously pressed on space, I decided to move the rapidly growing Leveling Guide to its own thread in the "Gameplay Help and Discussion" forum. You can find the new Leveling Guide here.

With room opening up, I have added two new sections. The first is "Mechanics Explained" in New Player Guides. This section will allow me to explain commonly misunderstood mechanics this build uses, such as EE and Poison. Some parts of the initial guide were becoming too bloated in trying to accommodate new players when it wasn't necessary for veterans to have to read through it all. In being mindful of that, I had aimed to be concise, but this compromise doesn't help either party. The new section will allow me to streamline the main build guide without leaving new players behind.

A new Miscellaneous category has been added, with one section to its name: "Reply Index." This will contain a list of hotlinks to all responses I have made in this thread, so players need not read through hundreds of pages of comments to find my answers in particular. A quick CTRL+F search of this section should hopefully help in locating whether I have already answered a question in the past.

Art by Michael Komarck
Last edited by Hercanic on Mar 5, 2019, 5:51:32 AM
@ xNxBxDx:
"
xNxBxDx wrote:
Any thoughts on animated Guardian this league with this build? I have a gem leveling for the moment i get the gear to use it but is it worth it? Will it get 1 shot by syndicate? And what gear should i use to prevent that in the case that it should be used? I have 1 gem slot left and already have 1.

Check the FBE (FAQ) under Feedback, I talk about Animated Guardian there.

I also wouldn't recommend Vulnerability. We use Projectile Weakness for the unlimited Pierce it gives our Agony Crawler and Spectres. Curses are not strong on bosses, due to their 60-80% reduced curse effectiveness trait, so our curse is for clearing. Most of our clear damage comes from projectiles. Projectile Weakness increases all damage of the projectiles, including elemental and chaos damage. Vulnerability will only benefit the physical portion. We already have Maim adding an increased physical damage effect, so the value of Vulnerability drops further.

@ N0rdW1nd:
"
N0rdW1nd wrote:
When you are going to complete the guide? You seem to be more busy answering forumposts than makeing anything with the build.

Oh? I wouldn't be able to respond to this question if I wasn't answering forum posts, now would I? =oP

The build guide is complete. Apart from some refinement I'd like to do, it otherwise has everything you need.

Are you talking about the extra guides? Those will take some time, but I made sure every section has at least something useful in it. Much of the lacking information can be found by following the provided links and reading the wiki.

Now, why am I putting so much energy into my responses instead of ignoring questions to focus on the guide? Because those questions often zero in on where I can improve the guide, and my responses get repurposed into content for the guide itself. It's really two birds with one stone. I also don't want to fall too far behind on my responses and leave people who are struggling to hang.

Secondly, I had some ideas on structural changes, so writing for the existing structure would end up a waste of time if I already plan to make an overhaul.

Thirdly, I was running out of room and needed a solution before I could continue. I have just now done so with the relocation of the leveling guide.

Fourthly, I'd like time to actually play. I need to level my Betrayal character so I can corroborate with the leveling guide, making changes as necessary. For example, I plan to rewrite the gems from a SSF perspective, and for those who trade or have alts I'll provide a simpler shopping list. This idea came about because of my interactions with people's questions and confusions.

Fifthly, I'd like to record more endgame video content, like Shaper and Uber Elder. Standard is a bit of a mess, though. My Atlas... my map tab... the horror...

Sixthly, my free time is very sporadic and limited. I must make the best use of that. It is my free time, after all, so I should do what I enjoy. I am not receiving any kind of compensation for this, remember. I share my build because it's fun for me.

The guide I am making is like carving from marble. I chisel here and there and its true form gradually takes shape. I need to keep things rough until then, or I'll have found myself going in the wrong direction too long with brittle, crumbling junk that needs to be lopped off.

@ Matchrocket:
"
Matchrocket wrote:
"
"
Matchrocket wrote:
Awesome guide and fun build to play for farming / clearing. For map pushing... I am really starting to doubt its viability.

Maneuverability:

Charged Dash is more of a death wish than anything else for this build. It has a habit of releasing when you don't want it to (Lag? [50ms typical Latency] Can't figure it out. After 3 - 5 seconds of channeling it will release, and you will die. No questions.) and your dead before you can react. Secondly, trying to double tap Shield Dash with CHarged Dash release is very clunky and typical results in you being stuck on th boss and dead. I tried the alternative for Charged Dash and you have to be so damn close to the mobs, you die.

Survivability:

T8/9 Maps, 4K HP, and if you take ANY damage you die. I've been stuck at the 8.9 maps and level 85 for days due to deaths. Resistances Capped.

Zombies / Skeletons are down 95% of the time as well at this Tier. They just can't take any damage. Spectors are OKAYish. I use Desecrate (level 17) to summon, they rarely make it out of a map with 3/3 up.

Build is up-to-date in profile, really could use some advice.... really tired of of having zero tolerance to take ANY damage. I'm either 100% on health or dead.

P.S. New to PoE, first "end game" build.

I looked at your gear, and first off you could get much better stuff. half of your items don't have life on them, or if they do its very low, around 60. im running this build running any tier I can find and ive only died a couple times, and im not trying to be careful.

But to the gear. drop bones of ullr. we don't need the extra spectre or skele(I think that's what it was) compared to the movement speed and life that comes with rares. plus we can get +1 to spectres on rares so yeah. Also drop those gloves, not really sure why you're using them other than poison chance, but you can set up ball lightning easily by doing charged dash>cast while channeling>ball lightning> poison support. I did that for awhile, and it felt fine. also drop that claw. it's not useful because we don't need us to do any damage, when intead you could easily get 40% minion dmg for around a c, getting around 60 which is what I have as well as attack speed for around 15-20. these are on rares btw. as for why your zombies and spectres are dying, I don't know, but try to get some inc minion life on gear, as well as make sure oyu have all on tree(that is recommended). also your spectre's linked are messed up. you don't need minion speed, I would recommend spectre>phantasm>minion dmg>greater mult>ele proliferation, which take up your five link. It is another strong layer of defense. speaking of your five link, I would treat yourself to a couple high tier greed essences and re roll it.

My character is a level 86 and going strong, she not higher bc I am now starting my second character. Look at her gear and links if you want(name is necwophiwia), but also keep in mind that as this is one of your first characters, well its not a meme that everyone's first character is bad for nothing. my first "end game" build as you say made it to level 83 so no harm there.

Thanks for the feedback. One thing I immediately noticed... Betrayal prices / selection are 100x better than standard, that's for sure!

Might Re-Roll in League and give it another go.

If you plan to trade, always go with the current League.

In Standard, you're dealing with people who have years upon years of stockpiled currency. It's just not worth their time to trade for small amounts, the kind you would find while playing normally. So prices inflate beyond what new players can sensibly afford. The much smaller player population further compounds this effect.

As for the build, its viability in any and all maps should have zero issues, so long as your gear keeps up with life and resists.

Charged Dash releasing prematurely may be a sign of your mouse going out. Otherwise, it means your character was stunned, which breaks the channel and thus teleports you to your illusion. This can be to your benefit, such as how I easily teleported out of Red Elder's stun-siphon. If your total life is low, stuns will happen more frequently. In that case, keep your channeling brief to avoid getting knocked too deeply into enemy territory.

At level 85, the XP you get from maps are:

T1 = 14%
T3 = 26%
T4 = 35%
T5 = 46%
T6 = 58%
T7 = 70%
T8 = 80%
T9 = 88%

As you can see, the gain rapidly drops off around T6-7. If you want to level up, it's fine to stay on a lower tier without much loss in efficiency.

Faster Projectiles. Use this gem. Eff Minion Damage. You need Faster Projectiles first. It doubles Phantasm range and ensures your Spectres land their shots mere moments after they fire, which is much better for clear speed and freezing monsters before they have time to react.

If your Spectres are dying... they shouldn't. They absolutely shouldn't be dying. It means their level is too low. Where are you raising them from? If from your hideout or Lunaris/Solaris Concourse or Harbour Bridge, you're doing it wrong.

Level 17 Desecrate means it can only create up to level 73 corpses (if you're in a level 73 or higher zone). That's equivalent to T6. You can boost your Desecrate to level 20 with a Level 2 Empower linked in a "+2 to level of Socketed Chaos Skills" wand held in your second weapon set. A level 20 Desecrate means you will always create corpses that are the level of the zone.

@ DieKao:
"
DieKao wrote:
I've been been testing alternative spectres for a while.

Kitava Heralds still work, you can focus on their projectiles and they sometimes cleave, which also bleeds. Kinda cool.

Then we have Syndicate mobs. The Syndicate Marksman and Syndicate Lookouts fire Scourge Arrows and some kind of Tornado Shot, they seem strong, but unfortunately they despawn whenever you do a Syndicate event.

However, these guys don't despawn: http://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Flesh+Manipulator

"Deals 634.1 to 951.2 Physical Damage" @ Mlvl 82, I assume a bit more at max level. Since it's entirely physical, they get buffed by hatred.

I'll be testing them further for now. Expect a Video soon(ish)

Edit: Update on the Flesh Manipulators, they can't be desecrated. So you'll have to get them in a high lvl Syndicate zone.

Sounds really interesting! I'm looking forward to the video!

@ bluedood444:
"
hey, I am running this build in this league, and I dropped a cospri's will body armour. Wouldn't this be very good for this build? we would no longer need poison support on gloves, or if you do poisons would be 120%. it would also help on hexproof enimies, and if we link curse on hit with our ball lightning it would be very strong.

Curse on Hit + Curse requires two links. Charged Dash + Cast While Channeling + Ball Lightning requires three. On a four socket item, there's only one free socket, so there's no room for Curse on Hit. Manually casting Ball Lightning means dealing with its mana cost, losing Bloodlust on Skeletons, and losing the advantages of teleporting after channeling.

We can get Poison support for free as a glove affix, so the perk of dropping Poison is minimal. Chance to Poison is maxed at 100%, so anything above that is a waste.

Cospri's Will has no life. Curses are a small part of the build. We do not get any Curse Effectiveness on the tree, for example. So trading the 800+ life from Belly of the Beast for a buff to a minor feature of the build is not worth it.

@ mrshmakito:
"
mrshmakito wrote:
Hi,

I've been following this build since the start of betrayal and i've started to build some okish gear for T6-T10 but I seem to be missing something.

In the original post not a single item has chaos resistance so what is going on?

I'm starting to get 1 shot with about 4.5k hp and full elem resistances. At present i'm looking to drop one of my rings giving chaos resistance to get the mark of submission but i don't think dropping a survivability ring to get more dps is going to help.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
"
zackforbing wrote:
before this league, there wasn't really a reason to stack chaos resistance. if you're getting your one-shots at syndicate encounters, then that's what it is. if not, it might be down to your playstyle. do you have fortify up via shield charge most of the time?

Your characters are currently defaulted to Private, so I cannot look at your gear to give specific advice.

1. More life. You want 5k minimum. Aim for your % life to reach ~200% or more and flat life to be 2000+. Don't allocate as many jewel slots as I have until you acquire T1 (46-50) life jewels. Spend those three points per jewel on life nodes in the Scion and Templar clusters instead.

2. Better tactics. Zig-zag when approaching ranged monsters, so you'll naturally dodge their initial volley. Try to get behind them quickly if you can, as most won't turn around to attack you before your minions bulldoze over them.

3. Avoid hazards. This comes with experience in knowing what monsters and modifiers are deadly. Don't be at the frontline if there's a bunch of Porcupine Goliaths, for instance. If you let your minions surround you, they'll absorb most of the on-death projectile bursts. They often seem to be aimed at you, so if you keep moving you'll likely avoid the worst convergence points for most of the quills. Monsters with multiple projectiles that also explode can deal exponential damage to you as the explosions can overlap (e.g. Flame Sentinels) if they hit you and your nearby minions.

4. What level are your Spectres? If you aren't keeping them at peak level, they won't freeze as often, nor kill well enough to sustain your Phantasms. If your clear speed slows down, you're far more open to monster attacks. Most monster packs should be frozen or dead before they even get a single attack off.

5. Don't neglect Shield Charge. Fortify is like having 25% more life.

@ zackforbing:
"
zackforbing wrote:
@hercanic:
I'm curious what your thoughts are about crafting, since it seems way more powerful this league. For example, getting 25-28% increased minion life and damage on the weapon. would any of these crafts change what you're looking for in jewels? Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill seems like it could be interesting too...

Yep, lots of cool stuff. I have yet to go over all the new options, however. But from what I've seen the crafts are way better for summoners than ever before. Minion damage/life hybrid craft on weapon, +1/+1 Skeletons/Zombies on helm and body armor, even the minion damage craft on gloves was boosted. It's a good time to run a build that can use mostly rares!

In Standard, on my original character, I merely added a low-rank 24% minion damage to my weapon and replaced my 15% minion damage glove enchant with 19%, and her Skeletons alone are already at 2.9M. Unlocking the higher rank crafts will probably push her Skeletons past the 3M mark. =oD
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 25, 2018, 4:57:06 AM
I had a question surrounding Bloodlust. Since im mostly doing mapping and delve now. Wont multistrike just be better then bloodlust. cause i rarely use the dash on most mobs. But i tend to use skeletons and vaal skeletons more freqently in hihger content just for more dmg and more bodies. So in those cases i feel bloodlust almost a dead gem?
What bandit choice would you recommend for this build?
"
f0xxen wrote:
What bandit choice would you recommend for this build?

im pretty sure it says in the guide. to kill all.
I looked but couldn't find it, my bad!
Thanks for the help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info