{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

In my effort to improve movespeed I picked up the L4 enhance to go with phase run bound to left click as suggested. I also have Freedom of movement on a 5% movement speed amulet and a %chance to gain phasing jewel. I kind of doubt that is the optimal setup, for example, I doubt the phasing jewel is doing anything. But overall it feels pretty good. I'm not sure the enhance is worth the 1.3 exa paid because I can't really notice it but I am sure it actually does help.

I also tested cwc-offering and do not like that at all. Great for survivability but I don't want to turn the sound effects off and I can't take the noise. I'm going to go back to generosity-hatred and the cwdt-offering which suits me better and try to bring my life/es up for better defense.

Is there some way to get fortify in? I guess I don't see it. I'd have:

Body - Specters
Helmet - Skeltons
Weapon - Zombies
Boots - Generosity, hatred, skitterbots, bonechill
Gloves - Triad 4G phase run, enhance, whirling blades, faster attacks

I just have a +3 4L helmet for the skeletons and boss damage feels totaly fine up to guardians & normal Atziri. And by "totally fine" I mean crazy strong. So I assume with a better helmet DPS will be sufficient for shaper and beyond. So it's just really the defense that feels lacking. Besides more life/es what can I do on that end?
@ redmalloc:
Full Post
"
redmalloc wrote:
In my effort to improve movespeed I picked up the L4 enhance to go with phase run bound to left click as suggested. I also have Freedom of movement on a 5% movement speed amulet and a %chance to gain phasing jewel. I kind of doubt that is the optimal setup, for example, I doubt the phasing jewel is doing anything. But overall it feels pretty good. I'm not sure the enhance is worth the 1.3 exa paid because I can't really notice it but I am sure it actually does help.

I also tested cwc-offering and do not like that at all. Great for survivability but I don't want to turn the sound effects off and I can't take the noise. I'm going to go back to generosity-hatred and the cwdt-offering which suits me better and try to bring my life/es up for better defense.

Body - Specters
Helmet - Skeltons
Weapon - Zombies

I just have a +3 4L helmet for the skeletons and boss damage feels totaly fine up to guardians & normal Atziri. And by "totally fine" I mean crazy strong. So I assume with a better helmet DPS will be sufficient for shaper and beyond. So it's just really the defense that feels lacking. Besides more life/es what can I do on that end?
"
Is there some way to get fortify in?

Aside from a melee attack like Cyclone, you have three options:

1. Weapon swap -> Vigilant Strike + Ancestral Call (easier to hit) + The Vigil jewel (+base fortify duration) = ~30 sec Fortify that remains when you swap back. You can prevent losing Zombies and deactivating auras by placing the same skill in the same socket of the second weapon set (link connections must also be the same).

2. Animated Guardian + Kingmaker axe + Meat Shield (keeps him near you). You can use a Hungry Loop ring to further augment his survival.

3. Anoint Hardened Scars -> use a Foreboding Hybrid Flask to maintain the Fortify effect regardless of full Life or Mana.

"
...defense that feels lacking. Besides more life/es what can I do on that end?

Mitigation, recovery, constant mobility, knowing when to be cautious. What situations are giving you the most trouble?
Last edited by Hercanic on Oct 6, 2019, 4:49:23 PM
Hello i have a noob question here about carrion/chaos golem golem.

From guide i understand that going for carrion for his DMG boost isnt overwhelming even with golem commander.

But before guaide stated that golem itself is counts as 2.28 zombies. So if we have one Carrion unsuported on ring for example, and non-golem commander, and 30lvl zombies, then value of buff goes down to 1.5%.

And here is my question, since carrion counts as 2.28 zombies (im guessing even unsuported) then going for golem commander is worth while for 1 addictional golem + buff ? Since well if one counts as 2.28 zombies, then two carrions count as 4.36 zombies with this logic. I know they will propably unsuported count less, but still i guess one carrion unsuported will propably do simillar dmg as suported zombie, so like besides his buff (that isn't big from what i understand) isint it worthwhile to pick golem commander for 1 more carrion that acts as 1 more zombie ? And if not carrion then what about 2 chaos golems ?
Last edited by _Void_Walker_ on Oct 6, 2019, 4:27:22 PM
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:

I tried Feeding Frenzy first but replaced it with Deathmark, it feels the same but more damage and more control for the Slave Drivers. I considered using CD over EF but Necromantic Aegis means my minions can now generate their own power charges and I'm using Skitterbots for their shock value.

i use Convocation for "control". Run into mob pack and if SD is not here, i push convocation.
Feeding Frenzy much better than Deathmark for clearing. +100k DPS. Or there is an error in PoB's calculations.
It's good to use Deathmark and Concentrated on tough bosses.

@ChaosLordo
Carrion golem minions buff "+ x to y physical damage" don't stack.
Last edited by Singrave on Oct 6, 2019, 5:04:19 PM
@ ChaosLordo:
Full Post
"
Hello i have a noob question here about carrion/chaos golem golem.

From guide i understand that going for carrion for his DMG boost isnt overwhelming even with golem commander.

But before guaide stated that golem itself is counts as 2.28 zombies. So if we have one Carrion unsuported on ring for example, and non-golem commander, and 30lvl zombies, then value of buff goes down to 1.5%.

And here is my question, since carrion counts as 2.28 zombies (im guessing even unsuported) then going for golem commander is worth while for 1 addictional golem + buff ? Since well if one counts as 2.28 zombies, then two carrions count as 4.36 zombies with this logic. I know they will propably unsuported count less, but still i guess one carrion unsuported will propably do simillar dmg as suported zombie, so like besides his buff (that isn't big from what i understand) isint it worthwhile to pick golem commander for 1 more carrion that acts as 1 more zombie ? And if not carrion then what about 2 chaos golems ?
"
isint it worthwhile to pick golem commander for 1 more carrion that acts as 1 more zombie ?

Be sure to read EDIT and EDIT2 in the Carrion Golem FAQ entry. Turns out they do less damage than what Rory_GGG said due to an unmentioned 0.84 damage multiplier. So they are only 91% stronger than a Zombie.

So instead, you can think of 1 Carrion Golem = 1 Skeleton with Dash and Melee Splash.

You cannot, however, selectively ignore the importance of Support Gems. An unsupported Golem = an unsupported Skeleton. Five 50% more multipliers would equal (1.5 * 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.5 =) 7.6 multiplier. So every supported Skeleton is actually 7.6 unsupported Skeletons. And, compared to one unsupported Golem, a supported Summon Skeleton skill is worth (7.6 * 10 Skeletons = ) 76 unsupported Carrion Golems.

"
And if not carrion then what about 2 chaos golems ?

Offensively, Chaos Golems are weaker than Carrion Golems. And just to be clear, the golem buff from the same type of golem does not stack.

@ Singrave:
Spoiler
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
I tried Feeding Frenzy first but replaced it with Deathmark, it feels the same but more damage and more control for the Slave Drivers. I considered using CD over EF but Necromantic Aegis means my minions can now generate their own power charges and I'm using Skitterbots for their shock value.
"
Singrave wrote:
i use Convocation for "control". Run into mob pack and if SD is not here, i push convocation.
Feeding Frenzy much better than Deathmark for clearing. +100k DPS. Or there is an error in PoB's calculations.
It's good to use Deathmark and Concentrated on tough bosses.

@ChaosLordo
Carrion golem minions buff "+ x to y physical damage" don't stack.
"

Deathmark is worth 61% more damage against the marked target (or just 25% more if target not marked). Like enabling the Feeding Frenzy buff, you have to turn on "Is the enemy Deathmarked?" in Configuration. This option will only appear when Deathmark Support is linked and active.

Feeding Frenzy is only 26% more damage if you already have other minions providing the Feeding Frenzy buff. It should be about ~46% more damage if it's your only source of the buff.
Last edited by Hercanic on Oct 6, 2019, 5:23:32 PM
Hello all,

This is my first time beating Shaper. I'm working towards Elder. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what I could upgrade?
Thanks for the awesome build.

@Hercanic

Ah.. ok now i know everything, thx for reply dude you are great.
Spoiler
"
Hercanic wrote:
@ redmalloc:
Full Post
"
redmalloc wrote:

Body - Specters
Helmet - Skeltons
Weapon - Zombies

"
Is there some way to get fortify in?

Aside from a melee attack like Cyclone, you have three options:

1. Weapon swap -> Vigilant Strike + Ancestral Call (easier to hit) + The Vigil jewel (+base fortify duration) = ~30 sec Fortify that remains when you swap back. You can prevent losing Zombies and deactivating auras by placing the same skill in the same socket of the second weapon set (link connections must also be the same).

2. Animated Guardian + Kingmaker axe + Meat Shield (keeps him near you). You can use a Hungry Loop ring to further augment his survival.

3. Anoint Hardened Scars -> use a Foreboding Hybrid Flask to maintain the Fortify effect regardless of full Life or Mana.
"
Hercanic wrote:

"
...defense that feels lacking. Besides more life/es what can I do on that end?

Mitigation, recovery, constant mobility, knowing when to be cautious. What situations are giving you the most trouble?

Wow, you are truly master of this guide. Thanks for those suggestions. "3. Anoint Hardened Scars -> use a Foreboding Hybrid Flask" sounds pretty brilliant. Also, I did not understand the requirement for maintaining zombies on weapon swap before...

And when I say, "defense that feels lacking" I should really qualify that with, for my personal situation and not a shortcoming of the build. If I were able to maintain more mobility and dodge things a bit better there would be many fewer problems, but I do have some physical limitations which make that harder for me than most.

Anyway, thanks so much for the advice, I think I have what I need to give that a go.
Here's a small Phoenix run video with the build including a breach.

Almost died because I was just looking at the boss health bar. :D

E: loot filter sound might be a bit loud!
Last edited by Jespetin on Oct 6, 2019, 6:41:01 PM
"
@Hercanic

Ah.. ok now i know everything, thx for reply dude you are great.

If anybody wants to test out Golem Commander before spending the oils on it, get youself an Intuitive Leap jewel. I personally find that having that second golem to be very underwhelming, but if I were to get 2 golems, it will probably be a Chaos Golem and a Stone Golem.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Oct 6, 2019, 7:01:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info