{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
redmalloc wrote:
In my effort to improve movespeed I picked up the L4 enhance to go with phase run bound to left click as suggested. I also have Freedom of movement on a 5% movement speed amulet and a %chance to gain phasing jewel. I kind of doubt that is the optimal setup, for example, I doubt the phasing jewel is doing anything. But overall it feels pretty good. I'm not sure the enhance is worth the 1.3 exa paid because I can't really notice it but I am sure it actually does help.

I also tested cwc-offering and do not like that at all. Great for survivability but I don't want to turn the sound effects off and I can't take the noise. I'm going to go back to generosity-hatred and the cwdt-offering which suits me better and try to bring my life/es up for better defense.

Is there some way to get fortify in? I guess I don't see it. I'd have:

Body - Specters
Helmet - Skeltons
Weapon - Zombies
Boots - Generosity, hatred, skitterbots, bonechill
Gloves - Triad 4G phase run, enhance, whirling blades, faster attacks

I just have a +3 4L helmet for the skeletons and boss damage feels totaly fine up to guardians & normal Atziri. And by "totally fine" I mean crazy strong. So I assume with a better helmet DPS will be sufficient for shaper and beyond. So it's just really the defense that feels lacking. Besides more life/es what can I do on that end?

You can also do this. You only need Fortify, I hate to waste gem slots.
"
Hercanic wrote:

@ Singrave:
Deathmark is worth 61% more damage against the marked target (or just 25% more if target not marked). Like enabling the Feeding Frenzy buff, you have to turn on "Is the enemy Deathmarked?" in Configuration. This option will only appear when Deathmark Support is linked and active.

Feeding Frenzy is only 26% more damage if you already have other minions providing the Feeding Frenzy buff. It should be about ~46% more damage if it's your only source of the buff.

But Deathmark provides 61% more damage ONLY against the marked target, when Feeding Frenzy provides ~46% more damage against ALL targets and no need to mark the target. Am i wrong?
"
Jespetin wrote:
Here's a small Phoenix run video with the build including a breach.

Almost died because I was just looking at the boss health bar. :D

E: loot filter sound might be a bit loud!

great vid, i'm jealous about your HP\ES :)
Tip:Convocation helps to keep your SDs near you.
Last edited by Singrave on Oct 6, 2019, 8:36:31 PM

This maybe the best item for animated guardian, with a tons of ES we have from flesh offering, our AG will regen~ 20% life per sec.
BTW Can anyone give me some suggestions for what to upgrade next.

I also have Fortress Covenant and Unending Hunger
@ everyone:
I am slowly catching up on previous questions in my Reserved posts, so take a look back if you missed them.

@ ngtrungkhanh:
Full Post
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:

This maybe the best item for animated guardian, with a tons of ES we have from flesh offering, our AG will regen~ 20% life per sec.
BTW Can anyone give me some suggestions for what to upgrade next.

I also have Fortress Covenant and Unending Hunger
"
This maybe the best item for animated guardian, [Mask of the Stitched Demon] ...our AG will regen~ 20% life per sec.

This is brilliant.

Although I had reached a clean 2M individual Skeleton DPS (24M), this idea immediately prompted me to drop them down to 1.8M, losing 14% more damage due to losing the -res helm and swapping the weapon craft from pure minion damage to damage/life.

It hurts, as those previous DPS numbers were beautiful. However, this helm is worth far more than 20% regen. I calculate 55% life regen.

91k Animated Guardian life * 0.3 Extra ES (20% Spirit Offering + 10% Grave Intentions) / 500 ES per regen. We can even use the much cheaper Belly of the Beast and still get 4.7% life regen like a Gruthkul's Pelt.

As a present, here's a sneak peek at what I've been working on: https://pastebin.com/eAM7DEN3

@ Jespetin:
Full Post
"
Jespetin wrote:
Here's a small Phoenix run video with the build including a breach.

Almost died because I was just looking at the boss health bar. :D

E: loot filter sound might be a bit loud!
"
Here's a small Phoenix run video

Great video! Mind if I included it in the guide?

@ Singrave:
Full Post & Previous Conversation
"
Hercanic wrote:
Deathmark is worth 61% more damage against the marked target (or just 25% more if target not marked). Like enabling the Feeding Frenzy buff, you have to turn on "Is the enemy Deathmarked?" in Configuration. This option will only appear when Deathmark Support is linked and active.

Feeding Frenzy is only 26% more damage if you already have other minions providing the Feeding Frenzy buff. It should be about ~46% more damage if it's your only source of the buff.
"
Singrave wrote:
But Deathmark provides 61% more damage ONLY against the marked target, when Feeding Frenzy provides ~46% more damage against ALL targets and no need to mark the target. Am i wrong?
"
Am i wrong?

Since the original context is Feeding Frenzy on Slave Drivers, and the person in question probably already has FF on Zombies, then it is providing only 26% more damage rather than 46% more, because the buff doesn't stack. If nothing is marked, then Deathmark is 25% more. This means there's only a 1% difference between the two. So it comes down to:

Aggressive AI vs. Marking bosses (28% more damage)

(28% comes from 126% damage vs. 161% damage)
Last edited by Hercanic on Oct 7, 2019, 6:25:13 AM
First of all, fantastic build guide. I haven't followed a proper build guide so closely in many leagues (mostly riff off of poe.ninja or other builds) but this one is absolutely spot on with the mechanics/math to back it all up.

Since @Hercanic is so responsive I'm going to risk actually asking some questions. Thanks very much in advance! :-)

1. What is the best build variant for delving, especially (attempting) to deep delve? I noticed you mentioned unleash/knockback is helpful, is this still the case and does it matter what the source is? (ie do I replace Whirling Blades/faster atk/phase run/smoke mine setup? Would it replace normal variant Cyclone setup)? I assume maximizing toughness is also optimal, what's the best way to do that (see #5)?

2. Perhaps Slave Drivers would be better than Frost Sentinels due to narrow corridors. What's the optimal 6L setup for this? (I saw someone else ask the same but no answer as of yet.)

3. Per #2, should I totally drop the cold Triad/Bonechill/-9% cold res helm [on AG] setup for delving, swapping to Slave Drivers, or both cases?

4. Assuming a CWDT setup, why keep Desecrate at lvl1 instead of lvl7 (max lvl to still work with lvl1 CWDT)?

5. Re: maximizing toughness I've made a list of options. Is there anything I'm missing? What's the best of the bunch that would work in a single build would you say?

. Add some form of knockback
. Stick with Cyclone instead of Whirling Blades (or replace with unleash/knockback setup?)
. Assuming sticking with Cyclone, switch to Desecrate/Spirit Offering setup
. LGoH anywhere you can get it, claw implicit, etc.
. life/ES anywhere you can get it
. Corrupted Soul via Glorious Vanity (what's the optimal placement of jewel and keystone to save on passive points?)
. Fortify (currently have this via Kingmaker AG in Hungry Loop)
. Spam Bone Armor in tough situations (free skill from Ascendancy)
. Perhaps add in Chaos Golem for phys dmg reduction?
. anoint Soul of Steel for phys dmg reduction (insanely expensive, not sure I want to invest in that given I'm not focused on making currency this league [see below comment on that])
. Swap in Flesh and Stone for blind? (currently using my defensive mana reservation budget on Skitterbots for their chill [and of course shock])
. Dread Banner (nearby enemies have reduced accuracy)
. Defensive curse (currently curse on hit Enfeeble in AG gloves)
. Aspect of the Spider (needs mana, though)
. ES on hit Watcher's/Discipline (2ex + mana reservation, though)
. Endurance charges (anoint notable, min endurance charge on rings, etc.)

Feel free to take a look at my build, the profile is open. My weapon is currently suboptimal resulting in slightly worse choices in a couple of slots in order to stack 212 dex without using a point in the tree. The only weapons that impress me are the multimod variants shown in the last page or two and I'm not willing to spend 4ex+ on that atm. (I've been able to purchase a HH the last two leagues but this league is so meh I can't be asked to expend the effort on attempting to make bank like I normally would.) The helm could do with a life roll but my method of fossil crafting was resulting in full prefixes every single time and I've already spent my share of annuls just getting the ones I'm using/have for sale.

Cheers!
Last edited by MochaDragon on Oct 7, 2019, 7:58:07 AM
@Hercanic Not at all! Feel free to use it. :)

@Singrave Yeah, I just swapped to SD and been running few maps with them. I think I still prefer Frosty bois over them, because they have longer range, but SDs definetely deal more damage.
My setup in standard.

"
Perdition619 wrote:
My setup in standard.

Wait a minute, bro. You came in here to flex your legacy gear and you don't even have Onslaught boots? Get outta here. :-)
"
Jespetin wrote:
@Hercanic Not at all! Feel free to use it. :)

@Singrave Yeah, I just swapped to SD and been running few maps with them. I think I still prefer Frosty bois over them, because they have longer range, but SDs definetely deal more damage.

Yeah I also tried out the SD's and went back to my frost sentinels. Difference is that I swapped out Controlled Destruction and Phantasm support for Spell Echo and Elemental Focus. My sentinels feel stronger and to me, at least, they seem to clear bosses at the same speed. Plus, with spell echo, the screen looks glorious with the billions of ice spears flying everywhere!
Last edited by Veraclus on Oct 7, 2019, 9:11:56 AM
"
Jespetin wrote:

if you run the same gems, as Frost Sentinels, SD's area would be smaller than Frost Sentinels.
I've just got good and "cheap" 6L with 3 white sockets and switching from FS to SD was easy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info