[3.9] Null's Inclination Aurabot Summoner

"
DripDripDrop wrote:
Hi there. What items you give your Animated Guardian?

Leer Cast
Dying Breath
Victario's Flight

Also gave him Ambu's Charge for some defense. I'm considering a Carcass Jack to increase his Area of Effect (if it works that way for minions).

Don't know which gloves to give him yet, just placed a random yellow item.

Another think I'm gonna try at some point is a fossil crafted helmet, for the "Nearby enemies have -X% reduced Lightning resist"
So I've been messing about with this build lately, and I'm loving the strength it has around lvl 63. I can really see its potential.

A few issues I'm having though:

1. Not enough mana reservation for all the auras
Spoiler
I remember you were telling me about using precision aura, so I am using that. With that I also use anger, clarity, herald of purity, haste, and dread banner.

Anger, wrath, haste, and herald of purity are linked to a level 2 enlighten gem and are socketed in victario's influence. With these auras (along with clarity and dread banner) active, I don't have enough mana pool left over to reserve wrath as well.

What auras do you suggest running/essential/crucial for this? Because right now, they don't all fit in the reserve..

2. Too many jewels listed in the guide
Spoiler
In your guide, you have quite a few jewels listed. With tombfist instead of command of the pit, we only have 3 sockets to use on our passive tree (I don't think murderous eye jewels supply us with the necessary stats that this build needs).

Which jewels do you recommend/are crucial? Is survival instincts necessary for the whole time in one of those sockets (it is stated in the leveling guide to socket that in at some point early on)?

3. Blink arrow is too slow for a movement skill
Spoiler
Blink arrow is kind of a slow movement skill as it has a massive 3 second cooldown.

Is there any way to make it faster or is there something else I should be using for this? Perhaps phase run then just blink arrow for certain ledges?

Any help you have is majorly appreciated, and again thanks so much for this guide. Learning how it all works and synergizes together is mind blowing.

UPDATE
I was missing a few reduced reserved mana nodes. I got them, switched survival instincts with conqueror's efficiency jewel, and I now have enough mana to reserve it and still cast rain of arrows! :D

Plus with the ascendancy node mistress of sacrifice, movement speed isnt as bad :)
This is Major Tom to ground control.
Last edited by tomslucky7 on Sep 15, 2019, 1:00:21 PM
Glad you enjoy it! I'll try to address your questions one by one

"
tomslucky7 wrote:

Now that you got all the nodes, it should be fine! Note that Precision reserves a flat amount of mana instead of % maximum mana. It can be a bit annoying as you level it. If you feel that mana is too tight, consider turning off Dread Banner. Also, make sure none of them are linked to support skills that increase their cost!

I made a few changes on the passive tree to fix this issue: around level 80, I reallocated all nodes from Spiritual Aid to the new notable Ravenous Horde, and spent 2 extra points to allocate Eldritch Battery. The gameplay feels really smooth right now! (You don't need to do that yet, Spiritual Aid is awesome for leveling)

"
tomslucky7 wrote:

Don't worry about the jewels for now, they are pretty much endgame tuning. None of those are required, but I recommend that you have at least one Ghastly Abyssal Jewel with "Minions have X% chance to blind on hit" and "Minions have X% chance to taunt on hit". Both of these are suffixes, so getting the same combination in a single jewel can be a bit expensive.

"
tomslucky7 wrote:

I agree, but our options are limited as bow users! Flame Dash is a good alternative, or you can use both. I've been using these two for a while
Last edited by NouwayH on Sep 14, 2019, 6:25:04 AM
"
NouwayH wrote:
Glad you enjoy it! I'll try to address your questions one by one

"
tomslucky7 wrote:

Now that you got all the nodes, it should be fine! Note that Precision reserves a flat amount of mana instead of % maximum mana. It can be a bit annoying as you level it. If you feel that mana is too tight, consider turning off Dread Banner. Also, make sure none of them are linked to support skills that increase their cost!

I made a few changes on the passive tree to fix this issue: around level 80, I reallocated all nodes from Spiritual Aid to the new notable Ravenous Horde, and spent 2 extra points to allocate Eldritch Battery. The gameplay feels really smooth right now! (You don't need to do that yet, Spiritual Aid is awesome for leveling)

"
tomslucky7 wrote:

Don't worry about the jewels for now, they are pretty much endgame tuning. None of those are required, but I recommend that you have at least one Ghastly Abyssal Jewel with "Minions have X% chance to blind on hit" and "Minions have X% chance to taunt on hit". Both of these are suffixes, so getting the same combination in a single jewel can be a bit expensive.

"
tomslucky7 wrote:

I agree, but our options are limited as bow users! Flame Dash is a good alternative, or you can use both. I've been using these two for a while

You're amazing! ^^ Thanks a ton for your input. I'll look into it today :)

*edit*

I can see why you'd wanna get rid of spiritual aid. Precision kind of makes the accuracy bonuses unnecessary. But on top of getting rid of that, a lot of minion damage is lost along with the minion damage nodes affecting us. Is this going to cause issues later on? Should I keep righteous army at least for minion and my own life support?

Also I just noticed, since onslaught is only granted on kill to minions and we're killing everything to cast AW, doesn't that make the onslaught chance percentage even lower?

Ive got both of those jewels and I have also added the socket next to the intelligence node by the devotion keynode. Jewels are all set :) Thanks for the info!

Actually using phase run with an experimenters quicksilver flask of adrenaline and with flesh offering affecting me from the ascendancy nodes, my speed is nuts! It's workin out great. Mirror arrow along with blink arrow helps with delves and boss fights :3

One last thing. Lately it's been hard to get my army going at the start of any area and my rain of arrows damage isn't as potent as it was earlier on. A couple times I actually almost died because my spectres weren't helping enough to get the death toll rolling. Should I start with the mirror arrow combo then switch to Null's for AW once enemies start to RIP? I've got a setup right now where I can just press X to switch to the second set and i'll be ready for the boss fight no problem.

Thanks again for all your help! Excellent build.
Last edited by tomslucky7 on Sep 14, 2019, 9:45:56 AM
"
tomslucky7 wrote:

I can see why you'd wanna get rid of spiritual aid. Precision kind of makes the accuracy bonuses unnecessary. But on top of getting rid of that, a lot of minion damage is lost along with the minion damage nodes affecting us. Is this going to cause issues later on? Should I keep righteous army at least for minion and my own life support?

The new nodes also have a bit of Minion damage, so it didn't hurt a lot. Damage is still pretty good.

Righteous Army is fine, but probably not necessary.. we can heal our minions with Convocation and/or Warlord's Mark on a elder ring (much later on, since its an expensive upgrade).

"
tomslucky7 wrote:

Also I just noticed, since onslaught is only granted on kill to minions and we're killing everything to cast AW, doesn't that make the onslaught chance percentage even lower?

I picked those nodes mostly for the movement speed! The Onslaught effect is a nice bonus, but not the main reason I went for it. Those 4 nodes gives us 38% minion movement speed, alongside minion damage and minion attack speed. Minion movement speed paired with Feeding Frenzy makes them fly all over the place!

"
tomslucky7 wrote:

One last thing. Lately it's been hard to get my army going at the start of any area and my rain of arrows damage isn't as potent as it was earlier on. A couple times I actually almost died because my spectres weren't helping enough to get the death toll rolling. Should I start with the mirror arrow combo then switch to Null's for AW once enemies start to RIP? I've got a setup right now where I can just press X to switch to the second set and i'll be ready for the boss fight no problem.

At the beginning of a map, I usually drop a Blink Arrow minion to quickly kill a single mob. Killing it will spawn a Sentinel of Purity and a Phantasm, and from that we start the snowball.
"
NouwayH wrote:
"
tomslucky7 wrote:

The new nodes also have a bit of Minion damage, so it didn't hurt a lot. Damage is still pretty good.

Righteous Army is fine, but probably not necessary.. we can heal our minions with Convocation and/or Warlord's Mark on a elder ring (much later on, since its an expensive upgrade).

"
tomslucky7 wrote:

I picked those nodes mostly for the movement speed! The Onslaught effect is a nice bonus, but not the main reason I went for it. Those 4 nodes gives us 38% minion movement speed, alongside minion damage and minion attack speed. Minion movement speed paired with Feeding Frenzy makes them fly all over the place!

"
tomslucky7 wrote:

At the beginning of a map, I usually drop a Blink Arrow minion to quickly kill a single mob. Killing it will spawn a Sentinel of Purity and a Phantasm, and from that we start the snowball.

I noticed that actually. So you're right, the small percentage loss on minion damage is hardly even noticeable. They do sometimes kill enemies if I don't get to them in time, so great idea :)

Yeah the minion life is fine lately, but i mean for my own survivability really as well. that 1% regen is kinda nice on 4k life.

I've actually been using feeding frenzy instead of added lightning damage and holy flip, they melt through mobs lmao

I ended up figuring that little mechanic out shortly after that post. Works so well! The snowballing effect is amaaaazing.

Another trick I'm going to try out is collecting 1x3 and 2x2 weapons, storing them in a quad stash tab, then taking a full inventory of them with me when entering a blighted map. The spectres, purities, and phantasms do decent damage, but struggle with so much crap coming at you (especially when those uniques start to come through). So i'll use that boss setup for more minions, then switch to AW once the uniques start to pass through. Just an idea of my own for this current league.

Thanks again for all the info and this phenominal guide. I can't thank you enough!
Thanks for the guide. Had this weapon drop on my league starter and just really wanted to try out the necro changes. I'm starting to level a character for this build and have been doing really well with a Carrion Golem. I imagine it'll be great to have alongside the complete build too, have you tried it out at all yet?
"
tomslucky7 wrote:

I noticed that actually. So you're right, the small percentage loss on minion damage is hardly even noticeable. They do sometimes kill enemies if I don't get to them in time, so great idea :)

Yeah the minion life is fine lately, but i mean for my own survivability really as well. that 1% regen is kinda nice on 4k life.

I've actually been using feeding frenzy instead of added lightning damage and holy flip, they melt through mobs lmao

I ended up figuring that little mechanic out shortly after that post. Works so well! The snowballing effect is amaaaazing.

Another trick I'm going to try out is collecting 1x3 and 2x2 weapons, storing them in a quad stash tab, then taking a full inventory of them with me when entering a blighted map. The spectres, purities, and phantasms do decent damage, but struggle with so much crap coming at you (especially when those uniques start to come through). So i'll use that boss setup for more minions, then switch to AW once the uniques start to pass through. Just an idea of my own for this current league.

Thanks again for all the info and this phenominal guide. I can't thank you enough!

Thanks for the feedback! I thought about dropping weapons on blighted maps, but I really don't like this solution at all.. I'm thinking about using another Null's Inclination with different colors to replace Animate Weapon for Summon Raging Spirit.
"
Gojulas wrote:
Thanks for the guide. Had this weapon drop on my league starter and just really wanted to try out the necro changes. I'm starting to level a character for this build and have been doing really well with a Carrion Golem. I imagine it'll be great to have alongside the complete build too, have you tried it out at all yet?

Yeah, I'm using it on the new version of this build and it really feels great!

I need to update the main post with the changes I worked so far. You can see them on my character profile too.
3.8 Path of Building Pastebin

I haven't played as much as I expected this league, so I made this POB with theoretical items I would like to have. Most of them seems achievable.

I'll update the main post later this week to reflect on these changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info