You humans listen to this junk.

Whoa dude.

Just be appreciatve that different people like different things.

And lets face it, some of that shit was funny stuff (WTF, or Who TF is Zlad! anyways... :)

But here's a favourite of mine that goes out to all the grumble bums everywhere..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUOtCLOXgm8

Cheers,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
Last edited by essemoni on Oct 19, 2018, 11:14:24 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I think happiness is a game of moments. M

Oh it depends what kind of happiness You are looking for. Humans have 3 kinds:

1. Physical - on this level we are like medusa, we follow what caress us and we run from what hurt us.

2. Mental - thats satisfaction but to feel it one must invest some time and attention, overcome his/her lazyness and achieve something.

3. Spiritual - thats joy or true happiness it comes from within and each one has its own way to reach it.

"
essemoni wrote:
(WTF, or Who TF is Zlad! anyways... :)

RIIIIGHT??? He is great :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santo_Cilauro
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Indeed. You like yours, I must begrudgingly admit I like mine, I have no interest in hearing about how you like yours, and this thread has devolved into a bunch of dudes showing theirs off in turns with a group of likeminded degenerates.
You might think you're miserable or even just unhappy, but when that's someone's response over random people posting assorted music you know you don't have it nearly that bad.
It's condescending as fuck to dismiss a criticism with a "who pissed in his cornflakes?" No one did.

Perhaps more importantly, I believe there is a link between my relatively recent distaste for such trivialities and no longer pissing in my own cornflakes. This might have more to do with what I was listening to than that I was listening, but it feels good no longer brainwashing myself with it.

Pot meet kettle.

There was no "substance" to the thread to begin with, just a dig at current "popular" music, mumble rap specifically.

You insulted everyone in this thread and CONDESCENDINGLY referred to the posters as likeminded degenerates --- which should be like-minded btw.

Aside from the link from Charan, I haven't even looked at any of the others as of yet. I'm sure that I will dislike at least one of them, but adult enough to recognize that just because I don't enjoy a piece or type of music doesn't mean others feel the same.

As for the testicles commentary, that came up MAYBE once so by default I'm led to assuming that a meaningless thread that evolved to people volunteering their musical interests are the people you deem "degenerates".

Having listened to the Scott Adams podcast, while I don't think his analogy of music as a drug is entirely accurate, I get where he was going. Music has the power to influence a person, whether it be mood or mentality, and that can be detrimental.

As far as music "brainwashing", I don't see it -- social media as a whole has been weaponized in such a way that Americans are soo focused on hating each other instead of realizing that the folks that devoted resources to instigate this infighting is merely preparation for something worse.

Don't get me wrong, I've read comments from people defending mumble rap, and thus far they've only been younger people to whom its been peddled to. Those of us who had Tupac, Biggie, Big Pun, Nas, Wu-Tang, Bone Thugs, Dre, Ice Cube, Snoop, even Grand Master Flash -- The quality of content we were raised on had far more depth than repeating the same few words for a hook and than mumbling off some gibberish.

Then again, some folks will never be interested in that genre -- and there's nothing wrong with that. I can enjoy quite a bit of country but blue grass not so much. It doesn't mean blue grass is horrible, just that as an individual it doesn't work for me.

Quite a bit of music I enjoy is older than I am, whether it be classical like Pachelbel's Cannon, early modern like the Inkspots, or relatively recent like Toto or Fleetwood Mac.

So what did we learn kids?

I'd rather write essays than farm sulphite.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
de99ial wrote:
"
essemoni wrote:
(WTF, or Who TF is Zlad! anyways... :)

RIIIIGHT??? He is great :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santo_Cilauro

Wow.. i remember watching the D-Generation as a kid on the ABC.

I didnt realise it was him though :)

Cheers,
Matt
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
its like having bad photos in an album.

Haha what a great analogy. I imagine it would be more like having embarrassing photos (of yourself) if you actually loved that music when it first came out.

...Not that I would know anything about that.

"
de99ial wrote:
When it comes to MAJESTIC vids and music Zlad is the very best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNyG-xu-7SQ

Reading through that little off-topic argument while listening to this was a very interesting experience. I recommend it.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
Having listened to the Scott Adams podcast, while I don't think his analogy of music as a drug is entirely accurate, I get where he was going. Music has the power to influence a person, whether it be mood or mentality, and that can be detrimental.

As far as music "brainwashing", I don't see it
I didn't (and don't) mean "brainwashing" in any context other than Scott Adams' context. He uses the language of analogy to describe a process of reprogramming a human's emotions using repeated external stimuli. That's not fundamentally different than role of the pain generator O'Brien uses on Winston in 1984, or the videos Alex was made to watch in A Clockwork Orange; what makes the difference between the horror of those novels and normie reality is that, in the former, the person who administers the "drug" does not administer to themselves, but to a helpless captive.

As Scott Adams, I have no problems with people who use music "medicinally," because I agree that programming your own mind is certainly a victimless crime and arguably a fundamental right. But this is the same as arguing that one has no reason to stop another adult from voluntarily brainwashing themselves. I don't wish to imply, any more than Adams does, that music contains secret codes as part of some Illuminati conspiracy, or that it can't be used productively for good. I'm just naming the technology in a way that is descriptive of its power — not saying that such power is inherently evil.

That said, I do feel that y'all might be being a tad too casual about your recreational music use. But on the other hand, I think heroin should be legal. Do what you want to do. Just don't complain to me if you fuck yourself up.

Or hell, you can complain if you want to. As I said earlier, I feel like I've done some harm to myself previously with music, and a bit like a recovering addict I actually have a lot of sympathy for those who have done the same.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I listened to all of it; intelligent, level-headed talk on a variety of interesting topics? Yes please.

But the funny thing is, the only part I disagreed with was in the 5-ish minutes about music at the beginning. Specifically, the reasoning behind him (and you) not listening to music.

By that kind of logic, any and all forms of art (plus some things that aren't even art) that "moves" people emotionally (one way or another) could be considered harmful. It's too much of a stretch, methinks. (And calling it "brainwashing" is in a class of it's own -- no offense.)

But I do agree with the multitasking angle; I can't for the life of me do something seriously while listening to music unrelated to said activity. That was the joke in my previous post, actually.

Bonus:
Did Scott Adams "brainwash" you with his opinions on the matter? Or is that description reserved solely for emotional impact? (jk)

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I didn't (and don't) mean "brainwashing" in any context other than Scott Adams' context. He uses the language of analogy to describe a process of reprogramming a human's emotions using repeated external stimuli. That's not fundamentally different than role of the pain generator O'Brien uses on Winston in 1984, or the videos Alex was made to watch in A Clockwork Orange; what makes the difference between the horror of those novels and normie reality is that, in the former, the person who administers the "drug" does not administer to themselves, but to a helpless captive.

As Scott Adams, I have no problems with people who use music "medicinally," because I agree that programming your own mind is certainly a victimless crime and arguably a fundamental right. But this is the same as arguing that one has no reason to stop another adult from voluntarily brainwashing themselves. I don't wish to imply, any more than Adams does, that music contains secret codes as part of some Illuminati conspiracy, or that it can't be used productively for good. I'm just naming the technology in a way that is descriptive of its power — not saying that such power is inherently evil.

That said, I do feel that y'all might be being a tad too casual about your recreational music use. But on the other hand, I think heroin should be legal. Do what you want to do. Just don't complain to me if you fuck yourself up.

Or hell, you can complain if you want to. As I said earlier, I feel like I've done some harm to myself previously with music, and a bit like a recovering addict I actually have a lot of sympathy for those who have done the same.

See, now who would have expected a meaningless thread to tangent off and offer some substance? I know I didn't!

While I agree that music clearly has a psychological impact that is often dismissed, I felt the brainwashing analogy didn't work. Music goes a long way to setting a mood, but as soothing as cannon is for me, if something has me upset enough the music alone won't change the mindset.

As to the power of music and its influences - if people really got into it that thread would go quite some time.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Oh man... the days of AOL and dial up and ASL and not being bombarded by social media.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Spoiler

Some scientists claim that a little bait every once in a while is part of a healthy diet, and the important thing is to not overdo it. If some scientists say it, it must be true.

Do you know better than some scientists? No? Didn't think so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info