[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

Np man. As I was saying my dmg is great, chains are satisfying, clearing is fast. I just made some adjustments to fit my personal needs as per usual. Also I just realized how much better is to run closed-quarter maps! Phantasmagoria was a blast.

Overall build is working great, ty for the guide :]
Last edited by Nathaniell123 on May 19, 2019, 8:52:04 PM
Hi and thanks again for the guide.

I've tried following it as closely as I can, but I really struggle with survivability, even with Grace.

I struggle with stats and had to ditch two Grand Spectrums to get Str &/or Dex, one of which has Corrupted Blood. I still die too often on T12 maps and not on the boss but to random mobs. If I tried bossing I'd die even more!

I dropped Assassin's Mark on the Ring and noticed no difference and done this to get more stats and Life on Spell with AM isn't easy if I want other stats.

If I have 50 Exalted Orbs, what would you suggest I buy?
Last edited by Phukka on May 20, 2019, 5:36:30 AM
"
Phukka wrote:
Hi and thanks again for the guide.

I've tried following it as closely as I can, but I really struggle with survivability, even with Grace.

I struggle with stats and had to ditch two Grand Spectrums to get Str &/or Dex, one of which has Corrupted Blood. I still die too often on T12 maps and not on the boss but to random mobs. If I tried bossing I'd die even more!

I dropped Assassin's Mark on the Ring and noticed no difference and done this to get more stats and Life on Spell with AM isn't easy if I want other stats.

If I have 50 Exalted Orbs, what would you suggest I buy?
Hello, your character actually looks insane, except one single Grand Spectrum offers really low value and your Unnatural Instinct is taking 6% attack speed away from you (maybe a deliberate choice?).

Do uber lab, and then you are 100% at the point where your best investment is Headhunter.
"
b0moodc wrote:
Hello, your character actually looks insane, except one single Grand Spectrum offers really low value and your Unnatural Instinct is taking 6% attack speed away from you (maybe a deliberate choice?).

Do uber lab, and then you are 100% at the point where your best investment is Headhunter.

Do you think I should drop that one Grand Spectrum and get a better Jewel (With Can Not Be Hindered) until I can fix my attribute stats and use all three, although finding one with Corrupted Blood is impossible? To be honest, I don't have a clue how I can fix stat issue without the Jewels I am using and truth be told, I despise Headhunter, so perhaps I am fighting a losing battle.

My bad, I'll change the path for Unnatural Instinct, but I swear I copied you, or at least that's my excuse. Just so I know if I'm going insane or not, did you at any stage take the Attack Speed path?

I tried doing Uber but just die over and over, more likely to do with me being bad at the game. Do you have any suggestion on items (or an entire setup) I can use to bump my defense stats so I can switch over and complete them easily?

As above, I hate headhunter, will likely keep searching for a godlike helmet, boots or gloves. May be keep freshing for Corrupted Blood Grand Spectrum or Hatred, Hatred Clarity Watcher's Eye.

Cheers for the help!
"
Phukka wrote:
Do you think I should drop that one Grand Spectrum and get a better Jewel (With Can Not Be Hindered) until I can fix my attribute stats and use all three, although finding one with Corrupted Blood is impossible? To be honest, I don't have a clue how I can fix stat issue without the Jewels I am using and truth be told, I despise Headhunter, so perhaps I am fighting a losing battle.

My bad, I'll change the path for Unnatural Instinct, but I swear I copied you, or at least that's my excuse. Just so I know if I'm going insane or not, did you at any stage take the Attack Speed path?

I tried doing Uber but just die over and over, more likely to do with me being bad at the game. Do you have any suggestion on items (or an entire setup) I can use to bump my defense stats so I can switch over and complete them easily?

As above, I hate headhunter, will likely keep searching for a godlike helmet, boots or gloves. May be keep freshing for Corrupted Blood Grand Spectrum or Hatred, Hatred Clarity Watcher's Eye.

Cheers for the help!
You can corrupt Grand Spectrums yourself, most of the corruptions you don't need will sell anyway.

What exactly is the issue with Headhunter if it makes you faster, stronger, and sturdier?

PS. Just pay a couple chaos to have someone carry you through Uber Lab.
"
b0moodc wrote:
You can corrupt Grand Spectrums yourself, most of the corruptions you don't need will sell anyway.

What exactly is the issue with Headhunter if it makes you faster, stronger, and sturdier?

PS. Just pay a couple chaos to have someone carry you through Uber Lab.

I'm still new-ish to PoE so I miss the obvious sometimes. You are right (thanks), GS is cheap so I can Vaal them easily. However, I still find it hard, almost impossible to get enough Dex (fixed, read below) & Str without the Jewels or wasting points on Tree. Currently using Careful Planning (Just changed to that); Int in radius turns to Dex. This I am hoping means I no longer need to use Dex Jewels and can drop on items too, but Str is still an issue.

Wish this was still part of the game "All classes gain 1 of each attribute per level".

As for Headhunter, it's overused and broken imo. I always feel like everything else in a build, no matter how thought out it is and how good it performs, it simply turns into a "Headhunter build" and the rest is forgotten.

I feel that way towards your Autobomber build a little, only a little though. Survivability isn't there and perhaps neglected too much? Especially when using Haste and not Grace (even with Grace you'll die), but seeing HeadHunter makes me feel like you simply went "Pfftt" I don't care about balance and survivability when I/other can throw on HeadHunter and it'll fix everything!£$% - Of course it's that bad and I exaggerate. Your build is really impressive, but perhaps you get my point about HH, even if you don't agree with it being overused/overpowered.

---

I can't even do the individual Trials, will probably run maps with high health/res gear and pots (will need to gain charges first) for when they pop up so I can survive them.
Last edited by Phukka on May 21, 2019, 8:22:10 AM
"
Phukka wrote:
I feel that way towards your Autobomber build a little, only a little though. Survivability isn't there and perhaps neglected too much? Especially when using Haste and not Grace (even with Grace you'll die), but seeing HeadHunter makes me feel like you simply went "Pfftt" I don't care about balance and survivability when I/other can throw on HeadHunter and it'll fix everything!£$% - Of course it's that bad and I exaggerate. Your build is really impressive, but perhaps you get my point about HH, even if you don't agree with it being overused/overpowered.
Well yes, but actually no. I neglect survivability following the reasoning that if one hit can kill you at 5000 life + 1400 energy shield, it can kill you no matter how much you invest in defenses in this particular build.

As for Headhunter carrying the build, that's not going to fly. Refer to this video.
Last edited by b0moodc on May 21, 2019, 9:04:36 AM
"
b0moodc wrote:
Well yes, but actually no. I neglect survivability following the reasoning that if one hit can kill you at 5000 life + 1400 energy shield, it can kill you no matter how much you invest in defenses in this particular build.

As for Headhunter carrying the build, that's not going to fly. Refer to this video.

Fair enough, you make a valid point.

You miss my point though regarding HeadHunter. It's not that it carries the or even makes the build, but it's just overpowered. The build becomes just another 'stupid-build' because you run around with modifiers that make you invincible, or close to it. I guess what I am saying is I see HeadHunter and it instantly overshadows the time and effort put into the core mechanics.

I just added Quartz Flask with 10% chance to dodge attack/spells, Phasing and 22% additional Elemental Resistances instead of Quicksilver. I lose movement speed, but with Onslaught and spamming SC, I think it's an OK trade?

EDIT - So I've updated my Helmet because I wanted Lightning Res (Will fix Enchant). Wondering what your opinion is on Hypothermia though? I also updated my Boots as I needed Dexterity. Still looking for a set of Gloves with Attack and Cast, Attack Speed with better stats, maybe with Fire &/or Light res.
Last edited by Phukka on May 22, 2019, 9:20:11 AM
"
Phukka wrote:
EDIT - So I've updated my Helmet because I wanted Lightning Res (Will fix Enchant). Wondering what your opinion is on Hypothermia though? I also updated my Boots as I needed Dexterity. Still looking for a set of Gloves with Attack and Cast, Attack Speed with better stats, maybe with Fire &/or Light res.
Hypothermia isn't the best choice, as ideally you would want mobs to die in a single hit (this is still almost always the case, meaning you'll only benefit from Hypothermia on tankier mobs such as rare and unique mobs).
"
b0moodc wrote:
Hypothermia isn't the best choice, as ideally you would want mobs to die in a single hit (this is still almost always the case, meaning you'll only benefit from Hypothermia on tankier mobs such as rare and unique mobs).

That's the plan-ish. Sh!t usually dies in one hit like you say and the problem I've had is those tanky mob(s) or boss encounters where I was getting killed pre-hypothermia. Switching to your single target set up isn't all that quick and wanted another option. I like the idea of Chill and Freeze potential on those tankier targets.

New set of gloves

I will lock Suffix and Scour but need to build up currency again. Wondering what your thoughts are on these now.

Set-up - Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Additional Accuracy - Fortify

Now I can add another two supports and I can't figure out how I want to go about this.

I like the idea of Blind to help with bosses, but no idea how that really works.

Thought about Curse on Hit and add Assasins Mark back in (removed from Ring, but the Ring I got is Godlike).

Curse on Hit & Poacher's Mark although instead of that, perhaps Melee Splash & Life Gain on Hit is better?!?

Considered Culling Strike & Onslaught for Attack Speed but seems a waste.

Or just go simple with Melee Physical Damage Support & Melee Splash Support.

Honestly, really not sure what way to go!"£$%
Last edited by Phukka on May 23, 2019, 5:11:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info