[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

"
FreddyRamsone wrote:

there's also a Watchers eye jewels with 1.37% crit in my tree that i don't know how to link. no mana cost Reduktion.

it's me again. I Converter my farmer HC-Ssf Delve Currency into some SC delve gear för this build, im still leveling through the acts though. No gems yet.

What upgrade-gear-order would you advice me to persue from here on out? and What map tier could i achieve with what i have atm?

Ps: excuse my typos . im on the phone which tries to autocorrect my english with swiss german
Ideally you want your life rolls to be the same as, or higher than, master-crafted life. It might end up being really squishy with the lack of base life (levels) and low life on items.

Either way, you won't have any issues clearing trash, but bosses may be too threatening.

ps. divine the Watcher's Eye
Spoiler

Nice guide. I've wanted to play an Autobomber for years, but it's not viable in HC trade leagues. I decided to use my STD wealth to make the build and it's a lot of fun. Just gotta fix my enchants.
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Oct 5, 2018, 7:26:35 AM
Welp, I promised myself I wouldn't do another autobomber, but after seeing this guide, I couldn't help myself.

Spoiler

I tried to get a +1 Calamity, but only one exists forsale in the whole league rn, and it's the wrong colors. I asked the guy if he could recolor it, but he said he only has Vorici 6. My Vorici is only 4 or something.

I tried a few different things with the amulets. Voice of the Storm was easily the best at lower gear levels, then Aul's became better. Bisco's has little effect by itself, and Zerphi's...I love that amulet, but man is it so hard to use. I had to rework the skill tree and gear quite a bit to get enough stats (which gimped damage by a lot) and even then, it only shaves off maybe 3-4 seconds from clear time. That's it. Pretty underwhelming, but I wanted to try it.

Went with a different flask set up too. Kiara's only has one charge, and the non-legacy version has an even shorter duration. Outside of Toxic Sewers, I think it's just straight up unviable, or at least too annoying, especially on maps with temp chains (or vulnerability, since we don't have regular bleed immunity). So I went with Sulphur instead. It's only slightly less damage than an Atziri's Promise, and I don't need the leech because of boot enchant.

I managed to double balance cold and lightning res at least for Wise Oak, but in the end I prefer Dying Sun. 25% AoE is pretty noticeable.

Only downfall of the build is no MF. After playing an MF Windripper TS build all league, this felt so excruciating to map with. Just no drops. Some maps I wouldn't even get an alch back. It's crazy how much of a difference MF makes. I tried using the Bisco's and squeezing in Sadima's and Goldwyrms, but gimping your speed on an autobomber just defeats the purpose.

Anyway, thanks for the build. I've done many autobombers in the past, but this one revealed a few things I hadn't considered before, especially Zeel's Amplifier. Even just that shield alone was enough to make this one feel different, more smooth. Unnatural Instinct is a good addition too.

Once again, terrific guide, thanks again. :)
Last edited by poepoe091 on Oct 6, 2018, 6:05:10 AM
"
Oos wrote:
Spoiler

Nice guide. I've wanted to play an Autobomber for years, but it's not viable in HC trade leagues. I decided to use my STD wealth to make the build and it's a lot of fun. Just gotta fix my enchants.
I'm impressed you managed to gather an entire set of gear in about two days in Standard. Things can be slow over there sometimes. Needless to say your items are pretty good, I'm glad you're enjoying the build.

"
poepoe091 wrote:
Welp, I promised myself I wouldn't do another autobomber, but after seeing this guide, I couldn't help myself.

Spoiler

I tried to get a +1 Calamity, but only one exists in the whole league, and it's the wrong colors. I asked the guy if he could recolor it, but he said he only has Vorici 6. My Vorici is only 4 or something.

I tried a few different things with the amulets. Voice of the Storm was easily the best at lower gear levels, then Aul's became better. Bisco's has little effect by itself, and Zerphi's...I love that amulet, but man is it so hard to use. I had to rework the skill tree and gear quite a bit to get enough stats (which gimped damage by a lot) and even then, it only shaves off maybe 3-4 seconds from clear time. That's it. Pretty underwhelming, but I wanted to try it.
I personally believe that Zerphi's is incredibly overrated for what it does. As for how it fits in the build... I'm afraid it doesn't, as you found out. Your items are very solid, I'm actually jealous of your Opal Ring.

"
poepoe091 wrote:
Went with a different flask set up too. Kiara's only has one charge, and the non-legacy version has an even shorter duration. Outside of Toxic Sewers, I think it's just straight up unviable, or at least too annoying, especially on maps with temp chains (or vulnerability, since we don't have regular bleed immunity). So I went with Sulphur instead. It's only slightly less damage than an Atziri's Promise, and I don't need the leech because of boot enchant.

I managed to double balance cold and lightning res at least for Wise Oak, but in the end I prefer Dying Sun. 25% AoE is pretty noticeable.
Flasks are indeed quite flexible and I can see how a nerfed Wise Oak might not be all that exciting. On a side note, I'm glad you tried out several choices and saw what worked out to be the best combination for you.

"
poepoe091 wrote:
Only downfall of the build is no MF. After playing an MF Windripper TS build all league, this felt so excruciating to map with. Just no drops. Some maps I wouldn't even get an alch back. It's crazy how much of a difference MF makes. I tried using the Bisco's and squeezing in Sadima's and Goldwyrms, but gimping your speed on an autobomber just defeats the purpose.

Anyway, thanks for the build. I've done many autobombers in the past, but this one revealed a few things I hadn't considered before, especially Zeel's Amplifier. Even just that shield alone was enough to make this one feel different, more smooth. Unnatural Instinct is a good addition too.

Once again, terrific guide, thanks again. :)
I'll be honest with you, I have never cared much about MF, but I see how some (many) people might prefer a build that feels like it's more rewarding to play. For me, every map I run on this build makes me enjoy the game, and that's all the reward I need.

Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking a look at the guide, despite having several characters worth of experience behind autobombing. Please let us know how it performs in delves, as that's out of my reach and many people would like to know.
Wish I could let you know how it goes in Delves, but I've barely touched the mines. I hate the stop/start nature of mapping then mines, mapping then mines, mapping then mines, etc.

But from what I've seen, I'd guess the build could go to at least to 300 at high gear levels, perhaps a bit more. The brick wall would be when you stop oneshotting.

Also a lot of the side areas might be impossible, and forget bosses. Even in vaal outposts, some of the rares are three times as tanky as a map boss, and WILL one shot you.

So, not a great build to go exploring with, but you could definitely farm some XP along the main paths in mid/high level delves. There's good density in the main paths and shit just blows up.

I'll give it a try with some mf gear. It was a nightmare to balance Wise Oak with 2 Ventor's but i got it.
"
Raviqt wrote:

I'll give it a try with some mf gear. It was a nightmare to balance Wise Oak with 2 Ventor's but i got it.

Ooh, nice chest. How did you get it? Do you have Vorici 8? If so, I'd love to trade you a wrong color one + a few ex, then you could just recolor it. I don't have Vorici 8 and there's none available to buy with correct colors (not even offline...).
yeah i got vorici 8. bought a corrupted one without sockets and links for 60c. with the vaals, fuses and jewellers i paid arround 27ex. just pm me if you need vorici:)
Woot, got my chest. :)

Thanks a lot @Raviqt for the big help. :)
Since there's no 2x hatred + clarity in league, is it fine dropping the hatred pen even for t16?
Also wtf is ur pc specs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info