[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

Threw my last currency at this build using some of the new things that got added the last few leagues. Got a blast with a lvl 31 herald of thunder
However im curious , How important is added cold to herald of thunder? I would like to replace it for critical strike damage. Awakened added lightning gives +1 lightning gems so pretty nice. Herald of ice already clears every thing t16 so my herald of thunder can now 4/5 shot metamorphs

Also having crit chance watcher's eye
Last edited by Pentacodex on Jan 25, 2020, 9:17:00 AM
"
Threw my last currency at this build using some of the new things that got added the last few leagues. Got a blast with a lvl 31 herald of thunder
However im curious , How important is added cold to herald of thunder? I would like to replace it for critical strike damage. Awakened added lightning gives +1 lightning gems so pretty nice. Herald of ice already clears every thing t16 so my herald of thunder can now 4/5 shot metamorphs

Also having crit chance watcher's eye
Just try it to understand why you don't want that.
Hi, I am doing a staff version of Herald of Thunder / Ice, what are your thoughts on it compared to this guide and are there elements of your build that could improve upon the setup? New items has opened a lot of opportunity for autobombing while still having strong boss damage and more survivability.

Gear:
Spoiler

Path of Building code, open with Localidentity's fork version.

https://pastebin.com/6jtzqKyQ

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Dkodr wrote:
Hi, I am doing a staff version of Herald of Thunder / Ice, what are your thoughts on it compared to this guide and are there elements of your build that could improve upon the setup? New items has opened a lot of opportunity for autobombing while still having strong boss damage and more survivability.

Gear:
Spoiler

Path of Building code, open with Localidentity's fork version.

https://pastebin.com/6jtzqKyQ

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/
The builds cannot be compared because yours is not designed to be fast, so it doesn't have any of the tradeoffs or drawbacks that mine has. It's very different.
Last edited by b0moodc on Jan 28, 2020, 3:05:05 PM
It's pretty fast with around 250% max movespeed, slap on a HH and it could very well rival your speed in the video.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Dkodr wrote:
It's pretty fast with around 250% max movespeed, slap on a HH and it could very well rival your speed in the video.
Hello, I'm not implying that you are wrong, but some game mechanics are just better suited for specific goals, and using 20% more Attack Speed Shield Charge is almost always going to be much faster than walking around with a staff / using leap slam / lightning warp. But your setup has other things going for it, which is neat, so we can all appreciate those instead of making other stuff up.
Last edited by b0moodc on Jan 28, 2020, 5:09:39 PM
Thinking of trying this, anyone else tried this in the Metamorph league?
"
Kraeoss wrote:

Yeah check my character out, got everything including the +1 coming calamity. It's fun but your going to be disappointed. I'm at least 175ex in now and still can only really clear maps. Killing meta's and map bosses is no bueno, and forget about the conqueror's etc. After buying a cospris malice and a helm with 30% more ele dmg, hypothermia, and increased AoE and putting in cast on crit + ice nova in combo with cospri's using frostbolt/vortex and you can manage to do like tier 12 and below Meta's and map bosses. It's really just a standard low tier map clear machine.

Last edited by Kasspa420 on Feb 9, 2020, 12:15:49 AM
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
"
Kraeoss wrote:

Yeah check my character out, got everything including the +1 coming calamity. It's fun but your going to be disappointed. I'm at least 175ex in now and still can only really clear maps. Killing meta's and map bosses is no bueno, and forget about the conqueror's etc. After buying a cospris malice and a helm with 30% more ele dmg, hypothermia, and increased AoE and putting in cast on crit + ice nova in combo with cospri's using frostbolt/vortex and you can manage to do like tier 12 and below Meta's and map bosses. It's really just a standard low tier map clear machine.

Hello, you do not have any sources of additional projectiles, which cuts your Ice Nova dps in half. Increased Area of Effect on your helmet is worthless, and your gem is level 20, not 21. Ignoring all of those, there is also the small issue that you don't have a trigger for your Cast on Critical Strike setup, and I legitimately have no idea how or why. I'll leave it at that since you are the living proof that pumping currency into something does not work if you have no clue what you're doing.

But please continue telling people how your very clearly flawed character can't do t12 map bosses and that it's the build's fault.
"
Hello, you do not have any sources of additional projectiles, which cuts your Ice Nova dps in half. Increased Area of Effect on your helmet is worthless, and your gem is level 20, not 21. Ignoring all of those, there is also the small issue that you don't have a trigger for your Cast on Critical Strike setup, and I legitimately have no idea how or why. I'll leave it at that since you are the living proof that pumping currency into something does not work if you have no clue what you're doing.

But please continue telling people how your very clearly flawed character can't do t12 map bosses and that it's the build's fault.

You solved it some by pointing out I needed cyclone socketed in the helmet and to replace my grand spectrum jewels with frozen trail for additional projectiles + picking up a dying sun flask. Thanks... I'll be damned I can kill metas now. The build doesn't feel like yours at all anymore though, and none of this is in your build suggestions. Using your exact build setup and my above point remains the same, it can't clear the meta league content and is not recommended unless you invest the ton extra into the single target fix I'm using.
Last edited by Kasspa420 on Feb 9, 2020, 2:18:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info