[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

"
Xenithos wrote:
I just wanted to say I'm very thankful for the guide. I've made 3 auto-bombers for my father who doesn't play very much, and though they are usually cheaper I've been learning a lot about them since Harbinger (when I made the first).

Your tips on the Zeel's amplifier, glove enchantment, and corrupted use of the grand spectrum jewels were probably the biggest help I've seen compared to my time doing them. I didn't even know that shield existed.
Thank you very much for the kind words and I'm glad you found the guide useful! There's a lot to learn about autobombers.

"
poepoe091 wrote:
So, yeah. Discharge still trash. So trash, in fact, that I bought an Ice Nova gem just for fun and slotted it in the Cospri's instead of Discharge and instantly the build was better. That's how bad Discharge is right now. It eats your power charges and gives you basically nothing in return. No AoE, no damage. Just a stylish MTX that sadly is just not worth it.
Sadly, old Mjölner/fakener are never coming back. It was great while it lasted, though, I'll always miss shatterchuck.

"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Besides leveling 20 or so more levels. What should I look into improving ?

You need a Watcher's Eye ASAP.
"
b0moodc wrote:

"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Besides leveling 20 or so more levels. What should I look into improving ?

You need a Watcher's Eye ASAP.

Thanks thought so. Only got 10ex, Might have to just get the % Crit from Hatred Watcher's Eye. Since the ones with % Cold Damage or Clarity -mana are 25ex or so.

This one will have to do for now i guess.

Last edited by Artwebb1986 on Oct 18, 2018, 5:01:48 PM
Hey there, thanks for the awesome build guide!
I've played autobombers on and off for a few leagues now and am looking to build one again so your guide was awesome to see any potential upgrades and changes that I hadnt thought of before.

I just wanted to find out... since the changes to shield charge, do the insanity gloves still affect it? Or would whirling blades be faster, or does just the AoE of the 'hit' of shield charge add too much to proccing Glacial Cascade?

Thx in advance.
To sustain shaped toxic chambers in Delve, what would I have to do? Just use a cartographer seal to uncomplete T10-11? Or do I have to do anything different? (like with T3 burial chamber having to also shape relic chambers).

I have T1-t9 complete and T12-t15 complete. I am sextenting/MF/high IIQ for more currency to help sustain but feels like I am burning currency, still. What was the best combo/balance you used for best map sustain/value on return?

-------

One last question. If you were level 92 in Delve without headhunter (but a crit watchers eye) would you:
1) Sustain-Farm Burial for doctors -> headhunter?
2) Keep at Toxic or other for levels then do whatever.

Is it more efficient for me to go grab my headhunter now when I feel fine in Shaped Toxic Sewer or should I just push forward and avoid boss?
Last edited by kestalkayden on Oct 18, 2018, 11:31:28 PM
"
hasbeen5043 wrote:
I've played autobombers on and off for a few leagues now and am looking to build one again so your guide was awesome to see any potential upgrades and changes that I hadnt thought of before.

I just wanted to find out... since the changes to shield charge, do the insanity gloves still affect it? Or would whirling blades be faster, or does just the AoE of the 'hit' of shield charge add too much to proccing Glacial Cascade?

Thx in advance.
Hello, insanity gloves are just as great as always, and whirling blades, albeit smoother mechanically, doesn't really work when it comes to reliably triggering Cospri's Malice.

"
kestalkayden wrote:
To sustain shaped toxic chambers in Delve, what would I have to do? Just use a cartographer seal to uncomplete T10-11? Or do I have to do anything different? (like with T3 burial chamber having to also shape relic chambers).

I have T1-t9 complete and T12-t15 complete. I am sextenting/MF/high IIQ for more currency to help sustain but feels like I am burning currency, still. What was the best combo/balance you used for best map sustain/value on return?
Your atlas setup sounds great. Map sustain comes and goes, as does everything else when it comes to chance. Start with a a moderate map pool and adjust your investment depending on your lucky or unlucky streaks. I used to use two to three sextants, and mostly no quality on maps. But sometimes, you need to give your maps a little extra.
"
kestalkayden wrote:
One last question. If you were level 92 in Delve without headhunter (but a crit watchers eye) would you:
1) Sustain-Farm Burial for doctors -> headhunter?
2) Keep at Toxic or other for levels then do whatever.

Is it more efficient for me to go grab my headhunter now when I feel fine in Shaped Toxic Sewer or should I just push forward and avoid boss?
I would get the headhunter. But by farming Toxic Sewers.
Last edited by b0moodc on Oct 19, 2018, 7:29:55 AM
Well, after that other poster tried a quant variant, I decided to give it a go too. I tried to force as much quant as possible without gimping speed, and ended up with 50% + Bisco's. People like to trash Bisco's these days, but it's still slightly more quant overall than a shaper amulet (in most circumstances), and I didn't need life or resists.

Spoiler

It sucks giving up Hatred and Watcher's Eye (and you do notice the occasional missed crit on HoT), but mostly it's just as fast as proper gear. I just wanted to spam through some T3s anyway, and I got pretty lucky for just one night of farming so far:

Spoiler

To compare to Windripper for those curious, Windripper gets at least 31% more quant (Sadimas + Windripper) and the speed is similar, depending on layout. Windripper probably has an edge on Burials, but Autobomber dominates in Toxic Sewer. That said, I'd still recommend Autobomber for Burials if you enjoy that kind of thing. Very fun and relaxing farm, and a very nice build for it.
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
hasbeen5043 wrote:

Thx in advance.
Hello, insanity gloves are just as great as always, and whirling blades, albeit smoother mechanically, doesn't really work when it comes to reliably triggering Cospri's Malice.

Thank you so much for the response, I thought as much and tried it out this weekend. Shield charge is significantly better especially with the AoE the shield charge has which has noticeable scaling with Zeel's... whirling blades is much faster for movement but really sucks with the triggering.
Which maps do you need to keep elder influenced to sustain toxic sewer?
Do you keep the elder blob at bottom left corner?
"
elfril wrote:
Which maps do you need to keep elder influenced to sustain toxic sewer?
Do you keep the elder blob at bottom left corner?
For about 600 Toxic Sewers, I had an Elder guardian spawned on them, which means no influence-related mobs and no boss. Essentially worse for returns than a non-influenced map, yet I had enough returns to sustain. I wouldn't worry too much about Atlas shenanigans, T10 aren't hard to sustain.
Question for poster and anyone playing this build in Delve.

Do you guys think this is a viable build for Delve? I have about 20 ex I can invest atm and a 93 shadow i wanna reroll to a different build. I have always loved autombomber and have on in STD but feel it may be tough to use this in Delve with going to later stages of delve.

Anyone running it currently and have gotten to I would say, past 500 delve?

Would love your thoughts!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info