Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Rue's 2000+ Balls deep Solo Delve build All Content Viable High DPS/Tanky/Fast

Intro:
Hi my name Rue(UrOffersCanFukOff), I go balls deep, welcome to build guide XD.
I’ve been working on this build since bestiary patch and I've compiled everything you need to know about the Poet's Pen Indigon combo for pathfinder. If this is your first league this guide might be too advanced for you. In the guide we shall cover in depth everything you need to know to face roll content in POE with a high powered poets pen Indigon build with a 30-300 ex budget. Know this build is designed for everything to work together and the build needs to be completely built to work as intended, please do not buy 5 pieces and ask why do I Die? Don't be that guy.

Basic:
At its core there this is still a poet's pen Volatile dead build which combos unearth and greater multiple projectiles in the first pen along with volatile dead in the 2nd to create fireballs from corpses to deal damage to your enemies. To support the mediocre damage output of a normal Poet's Pen build we use an Indigon Hubris Circlet along with many mana regeneration items to give us 3000+ spell power. Combined with many great defensive flask and item choices we now have a super high damage fast clearing and tanky build that heals for 20k per second.

How to play the build. Hold RMB, hit 12345 every 4.5 seconds , win.

Ascendancy:
Pathfinder
Nature’s Boon > Master Alchemist > Veteran Bowyer > Nature’s Adrenaline
Why Pathfinder??? Pathfinder provides most balance between all the ascendancies in terms of damage and defensive stats along 100% uptime on flasks with 50% bonus effect. Making it a great at bossing / delving / mapping. It is also the most visually pleasing to look at (normal size neck XD).

Items:
In this section we will cover item choices. For rare items I will list mods in order of importance.

Item: 1 Poet’s Pen x2 ( damage penetrates elemental resistance)
budget substitute: Poet's Pen (no corruption, attack speed, increase aoe)
The attack speed of both of you pens should match, DO NOT GET OFF SPEED PENS because you want to save 10 chaos, don't be that dude.

Helm: Indigon Hubris Circlet with volatile dead consumes 1 additional corpse.
Budget Substitute: Indigon Hubris Circlet no enchant, less mana reserve on purity of x, blood rage attack speed, etc. Corruptions +1 gems, +2 duration gems, +2 aoe gems.
Indigon Hubris Circlet is the main piece that gives the build its spell power. Basically the more mana regeneration you have the more damage you will do. For every 200 mana you spend Indigon will increase the mana cost of all your spells and attacks and increase you spell damage by 50-60, at 50 stacks of this you will have around 3000 spell power. Most of the items in the build will focus on getting mana to fuel Indigon

Neck: Aul’s Uprising (Anger) - Combined with a clarity and anger damage pen watchers eye this combo gives us massive damage without contributing to mana regeneration cap. We will talk about mana regeneration cap later in the guide
Rare Elder Blue Pearl with Non chaos to chaos, Life, Mana , Mana regeneration rate, intellect, resists - Best overall amulet without the clarity anger watchers eye.
Xoph’s blood - Good amulet for damage if you plan on tanking bosses and getting hit.
Budget Substitute: Atziri's Foible Paua Amulet - Good starter amulet , great mana and mana regeneration stats (can get useful corrupts too for endgame)

Chest:
Rare Shaper or Elder chest: physical taken as elemental damage, life , mana , int , resists. Damage taken as elemental(fire, lightning, ice) will be a big part of our physical mitigation, this will be the main stat we look for in our chest along with life and mana.
Budget substitute: Lightning coil has 30% phys to lightning which will help us mitigate a lot of physical damage but at the cost of -60 lightning res. This will hinder your ability to balance your resists with wise oak leading to 15% increased fire and cold damage taken. Still overall a good chest to start.

Ring 1
Rare Elder ring with Curse enemies with warlords mark on hit, life , mana, mana regeneration rate, adds fire damage to spells and attacks, intellect, resists. Warlord's mark is a huge engine for our build, it gives us 2% mana leech for our volatile dead balls which gives us a lot of mana per second leeched. Along with a huge damage boost warlords mark will also give us endurance charges to help with physical mitigation while delving and mapping.

Ring 2:
Rare Shaper Elder Ring with Life, Mana , Mana regeneration rate, Fire cold lightning damage to spells and attacks, intellect , resists. If your using Aul’s with Anger a +3 to gems unset is a great choice.

Gloves:
Rare gloves with Life, mana , attack speed, resists.

Belt:
Rare Shaper leather belt with cooldown recovery rate, mana recovery rate, life, reduce damage from critical strikes, flask charges gained, flask charges used, flask duration, resists.

Boots:
Rare boots(Mapping, delve) 80% chance to avoid stun if you killed recently or regenerate 2% life and mana if you’ve been hit recently enchant with Cooldown recovery speed , life, mana , intellect/resists. Use these for faster mapping and clearing times and if you need higher damage for high delves.
Kaom's roots(Uber Elder, mapping, delve) regenerate 2% life and mana if you’ve been hit recently enchant. Generally good boots for everything.

Flasks:

#1 Zerphi’s last breath - This is our healing flask, with all the mana spent in this build this flask will recovery up to 20000 HP / second making us almost invincible to anything that doesn't 1 shot us. This flask also lets us sustain righteous fire which gives us 39% more damage. In contrary to popular belief this item isn't what makes the build broken, and is not necessary unless you want to do deep delves or face tank everything cuz your lazy or garbage at the game.
budget substitute: Divine flask with instant recovery and bleed.

#2 Dying Sun - Dying sun on pathfinder makes 3 addition corpses with Unearth which lets us make 6 volatile dead balls instead of 4 every 2 casts(33% increase), Along with giving us lots of fire resist and 9 max fire resist this flask is just overpowered.
No Dying sun - 5 Unearth Corpses 1 Body swap 4 Volatile dead balls (2 casts)
No Dying sun + Helm Enchant 5 Unearth corpses 1 body swap 4 Volatile dead balls (^LOL?)
Dying sun - 8 Unearth Corpses 1 Body Swap 6 Volatile dead balls
Dying Sun + Helm Enchant 8 Unearth Corpses 1 body swap 7 Volatile dead balls

#3 Taste of Hate - Taste of hate gives us 30% physical to cold conversion on damage taken and 9 to max cold resist and is our best defensive flask

#4 Divination distillate - Gives us 6 to all max resists along with 27 increased quantity and 90 rarity.

#5 Wise Oak(mapping) - Gives us 22% penetration and 15% reduction to all if our resists balanced.
The Overflowing Chalice(Bossing) - Lets us keep 100% uptime for flasks on bosses.

I would not replace any flasks in the list except the zerphi's in a budget build, the only time if you run into massive lightning damage then you can replace wise oak with a topaz flask.

Jewels: (1 corrupt jewel with cannot be cursed with silence)

Conqueror's potency- Helps us hit flask effectiveness breakpoints

Watcher’s Eyes
Clarity mana recovery rate
Additional options
Anger damage penetrates fire resistance - For high damage builds along with auls.
Purity of fire , ice , lightning physical damage taken as X. - For a tankier setup a long with + max res from the purity.
Purity of elements reduces reflect damage taken + Sibyl’s + Ash frost storm for Uber Atziri.

Abyss Jewels
Attack speed, Life, mana

Regular Jewels
Life % Attack speed with wands, attack speed while dual wielding, mana %, attack speed, attack and cast speed, resists

Healthy mind - Easy Jewel for silence immunity

Sockets.
Pens both 3 links
Unearth(lvl. 1) > Body swap, greater multiple projectiles (make sure unearth is in front of body swap) I like to keep my unearth at one so you don't kill yourself on physical reflect maps.
Volatile dead, Elemental focus , Controlled destruction(mapping), Concentrated Effect(bossing)

Helm 2 2 links
1: Bloodrage or Molten Shell, arcane surge - This combination gives you 20% more spell damage and 1% mana per second. It can be annoying to spam blood rage but definitely worth it.
2. Herald of Ash Clarity

Body Armor 6 or 5 link on budget
Frenzy>Greater Multiple Projectiles>Multistrike>Chain>Life gain on hit>Volley
Multistrike is there for the mana cost increase. You can basically put whatever you want instead of the life gain on hit and volley it barely makes a difference but the higher the mana cost the faster your ramp time will be.

Gloves 4 link
Cast on damage taken(1) , immortal call(3), Vaal righteous fire, increase duration.

Passive tree: see POB links
Bandits: Kill them all

POB links
End game build currently 1800+ solo 10.6mil dps: https://pastebin.com/H0Br0b1D
Example of a budget build: https://pastebin.com/jqc4fru1

Pantheons: Major: Solaris (bossing) Lunaris ( mapping)
Minor: Shakari , Gruthkul, Yugul depending on situation

Mechanics:

Cooldown recovery speed and attack speed: The default cooldown for each gem is 250ms which is 4 times a second. Without any cooldown on gear and accounting for lag we want our attack speed to be under 3.7 attacks per second. With a total of 8-27 cdr belt we would want our attacks to be under 4.35 attacks per second. With >28% cdr with belt and boots we want our attacks to be under 5 attacks per second. Keep in mind these calculations are done with my ping and are not exact for your conditions. If you go over on attack speed you will start to skip casts resulting in a mass amount of damage loss. It's always better to be slightly under than over.
How we gain attack speed is very important in our build, unlike traditional builds we do not put attack speed on our gems unless we have no choice. Indigon will make your frenzy more expensive to the point where you eventually run out of mana and you will alternate between normal attacks and frenzy. To make the build as smooth as possible we want to increase all attack speed with our passive points and gear and not just frenzy attack speed through gems. Every 2 attack speed you gain on your gems will roughly only result in a net of 1% attack speed. However if you are unable to cap your attack speed through gear, half value is better than none.

Unearth and Bodyswap: Body swap targets the closest body to your mouse pointer and is sometimes very annoying to use. With in enough practice and if you are paying attention you will get use to it. When moving forward with Unearth and body swap you will only be able to go a certain distance due to the projectile speed of Unearth. If you try to body swap full screen you will skip casts resulting in slower movement. The exact distance I will let you guys figure out on your own.

Mana Cap: Eventually you will regenerate and leech so much mana where your mana will cap out when this happens zerphi’s and distillate’s effect will be disappear. This is something we want to avoid 100% of the time. This is why we prioritize max mana over mana regeneration. If you decide to be cute and put in extra aura this will also happen, don't be that guy. If you chose a more defensive option in the build with a Purity of X watchers eye, more likely you should replace the clarity with an enlightened 4/3 and move the clarity to an unset ring. Jewels with reduce mana reserve 1% will also help ever so slightly. If you run into this problem you fix it with the following methods, reduce your mana reserved by auras, increasing your base mana with passives or items, reduce your mana regeneration rate.

Flask Effectiveness: Pathfinder is the only class who can get 50% flask effectiveness which gives us 50% more on every flask stat. This lets us hit breakpoints for dying sun’s extra projectiles, 2% extra max res on divination and 3% extra resist on Dying Sun and Taste of Hate.

Physical to elemental damage conversion: Physical damage gets converted to elemental damage and then is calculated against resists, then endurance charges.

Videos: You can check out of my previous VODs on twitch or watch the stream at twitch.tv/ruetoo
I don't check forums much so if you have questions this is probably the best place to reach me.
Please read the complete guide before asking questions! Please don’t type “ Why not use headhunter?!?!?!?” Don't be that guy
I wrote this in 2 hours while watching football so If i made a mistake let me know.

Last edited by RueRue on Oct 15, 2018, 8:54:18 AM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2018, 5:39:50 AM
Thank you for posting. Well done!
Do you think you can hit 2k delve with this build?
I've gone for completely different set of items, while playing slightly different build (I also use Elemental Focus Support). Why do I Die?

All jokes aside, nice guide and really looking forward to you hitting that 2k milestone.
Why no MoM and how good is the Meltage ???!!!!

<3 , now to 2K
Just a question, crafted this. Its kinda nice for this build,but do that mana recovery per kill is good or not? Ty
"
Maumas wrote:
Just a question, crafted this. Its kinda nice for this build,but do that mana recovery per kill is good or not? Ty

This mana on kill will interfere with Zerphi, that while not mandatory is providing a good chunk of survivability.
Test with a Seething life flask and see how it goes.
Thank you all for the support, but I really dont know if I can make it to 2k. Character power is based on currency and Delve isnt exactly great for that.
Last edited by RueRue on Oct 1, 2018, 4:59:51 PM
"
Morehei wrote:
"
Maumas wrote:

This mana on kill will interfere with Zerphi, that while not mandatory is providing a good chunk of survivability.
Test with a Seething life flask and see how it goes.

That mod will also kill distillate, would not recommend using.
Copied the build before the guide. It is a very strong build and can be min-maxed alot. Killed Aul twice, uber elder countless of times. Fun but very expensive.

Props to Rue for being helpful and answering to all my questions on stream while pushing top solo delve ladder (y)
Last edited by santzu on Oct 1, 2018, 6:44:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info