Rue's 2000+ Balls deep Solo Delve build All Content Viable High DPS/Tanky/Fast

"
deadst4r wrote:
Can you please , please open your profile to let us see your character?

You have to excuse me here, I've done a few QoLs that I'd rather keep to myself. Mostly, to not give an inch to competitors (if any left at this point, lolz) and not to scare you guys.

But as a good reference, you can take this guy's character who is higher than me on the ladder at the moment (MR_DELVE_GG):

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/valylol/characters

"
zonda02 wrote:
could u post ur mapping setup, im trying to improve the speed clear with this build atm and kinda was thinking of buying +1 arc indigon and running arc instead of vd, is it even worth?

Wasn't concerned too much about clear speed, focused on Magic Find. Thus, used full MF setup of two Ventor rings, Goldwyrm and Sadima. Inpulsa as a chest with Warlord's Mark on Hit, Indigon +1 vd and Atziri's Foible. So used both VD and Arc. Flasks - Basalt of Warding, Dying Sun (to avoid volatile one shots), Taste of Hate, Zerphi and Distillate.

When hit 100, I've switched to no Arc and instead VD + 2 support gems plus Cloak of Defiance having Warlord's Mark in the Chest. Still running full MF, but Dying Sun now gives +1 volatile. That's also the setup I killed Uber Elder in multiple times for achievement, full MF no mercy^^

If you don't care about Magic Find then CDR in boots, Warlord on a ring, no Arc will be the faster clear speed unless you wanna mix up some other Spells. Which you could play around with.

Now I only do maps to pickup Sulphite so it's natural I swapped to Lightning Warp (Less Duration, Swift Affliction), Arc (Chain, Controlled Destruction) and same MF setup as before with Inpulsa (so I can still get more stuff If I ever get it). Plus Indigon LW duration.

Edit: some typos fixed.
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Last edited by zoNiklv on Nov 21, 2018, 9:17:54 PM
"
zonda02 wrote:
could u post ur mapping setup, im trying to improve the speed clear with this build atm and kinda was thinking of buying +1 arc indigon and running arc instead of vd, is it even worth?

Just a note I've missed out earlier post. Swap the chest to Inpulsa. It will add much more to Arc clear speed than Indigon enchant. Arc self-casters use this enchant for bosses only, it doesn't add much to clear speed. Make sure you run Controlled Destruction and not Ele Focus, so that shocks are applied.
Last edited by zoNiklv on Nov 21, 2018, 9:41:50 PM
Managed to complete 1997 delve! "Technically", 1999 delve ;)

Was aiming for 2000, just a bit unlucky with mod/layouts on the last day!

Pretty content, that's #10 on solo ladder and #2 if you account only non-immune builds ;)

Rue wasn't kidding about gameplay being hard, it's way more than hard!
So many things you have to account for and constantly monitor.

At about depth 1200 I've switched to no life, max mana build.
This can happen earlier/later depending on your investment in life.

Here is a pob:

https://pastebin.com/DuNE4AZt

Mainly used Frost Wall, but it can't protect from aoes and some spells that go over it.
Phase Run provides some amazing synergie with the Wall, you phase to go forward and stop phasing between double wall to provide full cover. Also, it buffs your Arcane Surge duration.

Only downside is that you have to remove Mana Regen in your belt. It's not a problem if Zerphi stops time to time, it still has "saved" regen to keep RF and BR. But if it does so too many times, that's an issue.

On the other hand it opens up the build for more mana and cold damage on the jewel to slow mobs.

There is still room to improve damage, but it was sufficent for 2000 delve even with 70% more monster life and 40% resistances.

Now have to wait and see if we get touched by any nerfs ;)
Last edited by zoNiklv on Dec 3, 2018, 5:28:12 PM
"
Now have to wait and see if we get touched by any nerfs ;)

"
Zerphi's Last Breath now grants a buff when you use a skill during the flask's effect. This buff recovers 450-600% of the skill's mana cost as life per second. This buff (and the healing) is removed when you are hit. This affects all versions of the item.

well looks like the zerph flask is now totally useless so im not sure how this and similar builds will be viable unless ive missed something.....
Zerphi nerf is fine. It still provides enough regen to make build work.

Main nerf hit here is Indigon. We no longer can stack spell damage to 10k.

So few things to take away:

- If you want to kill Uber Elder early league then it just became much cheaper. Like muuch more!

- Build was viable for 6000+ delve. Just didnt get enough dedication from players. Since the nerf to damage is 5 times, you can assume its good for delving to 1200. Which is enough to start farming rare fossils.

- Indigon vd enchant will be much harder to get due to reduced popularity.

- Its probably time to add some CoC meme stuff. We can no longer add cwdt since zerphi nerf.

Since we dont need crazy mana pools now, got plenty of free skill point on tree to reallocate. Need to see how much crit chance we can squeeze in.

Overall looks like we are still in the game. Need to look for other 10mil+ dps builds if they will be better. But its hard to know since people did use immune crap alot 😁
"
zoNiklv wrote:

Its probably time to add some CoC meme stuff. We can no longer add cwdt since zerphi nerf.

With indigon nerf i wonder if going CoC on chest without Indigon might provide much damage with a proper build, which probably leads us to elementalist or Inquisitor

Seriously, Arc / Ball lightnin POet's pen + COC frenzy setup on chest seems really strong.
It will undoubtedly steamroll through all content. You can build a jugg, scion or occultist if that's you goal. But since focus here is on Deep delve, Arc and Ball Lightning are not the best candidates.

Plus whatever you use in your chest with CoC, be it GC/Arctic Breath/Ice Spear or even Frost Bolt - they all will benefit from Indigon and won't lock you onto one element alone.

Gave a few thoughts to Indigon nerf over the day, came to conclusion that 2000% is not just a random number (although my wildest guess was a cap of 5000%). That increases damage more than if you normally would spec into skills for specific elemental damage, but have the constraints of getting mana regen to fuel it. It seems like it went down in flames, but it didn't.

You need about 4k mana per second to cap the damage.
That requires 6000 max mana, 1200 will be leeched and 2800 should be your natural regen.
With 50% mana recovery rate it's about 1800 mana per second with 1% coming from Arcane Surge and 2% can come from either boot enchant (but will break Zerphi's buff every 4 seconds) or 1% from Defiance and ring/amulet slot increased regenerations.

It kinda hints at going Herophant CI ES based, but disables an option to go Low Life and take dodge. So I'll either stick to Pathfinder or go Scion. Or do both and then decide what's better ;)

Edit: And gotta check out that new flask, sounds juicy ;)
Last edited by zoNiklv on Dec 5, 2018, 11:08:43 AM
"
zoNiklv wrote:
It will undoubtedly steamroll through all content. You can build a jugg, scion or occultist if that's you goal.

Plus whatever you use in your chest with CoC, be it GC/Arctic Breath/Ice Spear or even Frost Bolt - they all will benefit from Indigon and won't lock you onto one element alone.

With a build based mostly on lightning damage, even with cold dmg on CoC setup i don't see the benefits of Occulist compared to Elementalist or Inquisitor. Am i missing something? Could you elaborate if you don't mind going a little off topic.
Btw i'm curious if a pure cold setup with some ele conversion on occulist could be viable, would be cool

"
zoNiklv wrote:

Gave a few thoughts to Indigon nerf over the day, came to conclusion that 2000% is not just a random number (although my wildest guess was a cap of 5000%). That increases damage more than if you normally would spec into skills for specific elemental damage, but have the constraints of getting mana regen to fuel it. It seems like it went down in flames, but it didn't.

I have around those stats on standard and the damage is ridiculous for anything but 1K+ Delve, the build still does insane dmg but cannot convert to completely abused like in delve.
The major hit is on survivability, where Zerphi's nerf will force to play smart and not afk_shaper_beam

"
zoNiklv wrote:

Edit: And gotta check out that new flask, sounds juicy ;)

seems really good for map clearing but the 10% increased dmg ignited enemmiers,whicj only matters on boss seems really low for bossing.
"
deadst4r wrote:

With a build based mostly on lightning damage, even with cold dmg on CoC setup i don't see the benefits of Occulist compared to Elementalist or Inquisitor. Am i missing something? Could you elaborate if you don't mind going a little off topic.
Btw i'm curious if a pure cold setup with some ele conversion on occulist could be viable, would be cool

The major hit is on survivability, where Zerphi's nerf will force to play smart and not afk_shaper_beam

Strong curses that also provide added damage, wither that hinders and also provides more damage, inbuilt inpulsa and transition to both CI or LL to your liking. Ele is better without Indigons and poets pens in general as it promotes faster casting and added base ele dmg, plus golemancer stuff.

And yes ive seen few builds for cold, but not a big fan of travelling that much on the tree without taking clusters.

With Zerphis im super chill. Forgot when i used it last to actually mitigate damage, a month ago? Half of my Elder runs i didnt take a single point of damage, just circling around the arena and letting vd do their job. For that you only need to change your mindset.
Last edited by zoNiklv on Dec 6, 2018, 5:45:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info