[3.6] RF Scion | 1.8m+ DPS VRF // 400k+ DPS RF | 10k+ Life

Don't think the slayer adds any benifits to Damage over time effects, not sure that leeching will really work, the chieftian is a pretty good damage boost I know I am killing things tons faster now that I have it. Now just working on my regen it is not where I would like it to be. My question is how did the OP get some much regen without having regen stuff on his gear. that is what I would like to know .
"
Jaqqzorr wrote:
What are your thoughts on taking the Slayer ascendancy instead of Chieftan?

I'd strongly suggest dropping Trickster for it instead. Chieftain gives you HP regen, damage, and bonus life - all of which this build loves. By comparison, Trickster is much, much less important.

"
sojurne wrote:
Don't think the slayer adds any benifits to Damage over time effects, not sure that leeching will really work, the chieftian is a pretty good damage boost I know I am killing things tons faster now that I have it. Now just working on my regen it is not where I would like it to be. My question is how did the OP get some much regen without having regen stuff on his gear. that is what I would like to know .

The regen is the Trickster ascendancy and Sulphur/Ruby flasks most likely. The ascendancy's active anytime you've killed recently. It's not great against most bosses for that reason (and could be traded out for other Ascendancies), but it's fantastic in Delve.
"
"
Jaqqzorr wrote:
What are your thoughts on taking the Slayer ascendancy instead of Chieftan?

I'd strongly suggest dropping Trickster for it instead. Chieftain gives you HP regen, damage, and bonus life - all of which this build loves. By comparison, Trickster is much, much less important.

"
sojurne wrote:

The regen is the Trickster ascendancy and Sulphur/Ruby flasks most likely. The ascendancy's active anytime you've killed recently. It's not great against most bosses for that reason (and could be traded out for other Ascendancies), but it's fantastic in Delve.

So you boast 2300+ regen on this build in pob with minimal flask management which really is not the case, that is far below what the jugg RF gets even with out kaoms way. Don't get me wrong im liking the build just wish it had more regen at level 77, and over 7k life im at only 1269.8 life regen, maybe i should respec into guardian from trickster for more regen.. it is a thought I already switched over to Solaris as my god as there was really no point in taking arakali, and for minor i switched to tukohama, and doing better than i was with the other souls. Ill also be switching my belt out for a leather one with more life and regen on it once i find one. Will see how it goes on the road to 90. anymore pointers would be great as this guide is kinda lacking in content. just my opinion.
Last edited by sojurne on Oct 17, 2018, 11:07:47 PM
"
sojurne wrote:

So you boast 2300+ regen on this build in pob with minimal flask management which really is not the case, that is far below what the jugg RF gets even with out kaoms way. Don't get me wrong im liking the build just wish it had more regen at level 77, and over 7k life im at only 1269.8 life regen, maybe i should respec into guardian from trickster for more regen.. it is a thought I already switched over to Solaris as my god as there was really no point in taking arakali, and for minor i switched to tukohama, and doing better than i was with the other souls. Ill also be switching my belt out for a leather one with more life and regen on it once i find one. Will see how it goes on the road to 90. anymore pointers would be great as this guide is kinda lacking in content. just my opinion.

There's honestly not much to the flasks - just mash 'em as needed. The only time I've ever had a problem with flask charges was against Minotaur. That being said, I'll definitely add some flask recommendations at least. I don't think I ever mentioned that it required minimal flask management, but I would say it's definitely a bit better than some builds

Arakaali decreases the damage you take from RF and you can proc the additional regen with a flask of Dousing (re-casting RF isn't a problem because it's instant now) and Abberath further reduces RF's DoT if you're using Cyclone - if you're using Shield Charge you very well might be better off with Tukohama. Worth noting that Arakaali or Abberath show up in any stats sheets, but they do have a pretty large impact. Also, Cyclopean Coil is a significant source of life/regen and is BIS short of super high-end GG gear.

I can't say I had too much trouble with sustain at all so I'm more than happy to take a look at a PoB paste if you have one of where you're at and see if anything stands out.

This build's base regen is admittedly quite low, but it's pretty rare that that's all you've got to work with.
Last edited by GovernorJebBush on Oct 18, 2018, 1:52:27 AM
Great build level 95 10.8k life walk into mob packs take like 1-2k damage max and dont even have to hit my flasks the regen is great only thing left to try is uber elder

Also using lunaris and ralakesh for pantheon the rf degen doesnt even take my hp down at all
Last edited by DarkAngelLux on Oct 21, 2018, 4:16:44 PM
What is the difference in this build?
Is it better than other classes RF builds?
"
BigBroAlex wrote:
What is the difference in this build?
Is it better than other classes RF builds?

The big difference between this build and the Jugg build is that this one sacrifices regen in some cases (e.g. against bosses without adds) for about double the DPS.

"Better" is pretty subjective, but I will say I think for Delve league this build is an all-around improvement on the others I've seen. With the number of mobs and adds, there's absolutely no regen issues in any part of Delve.
Made a few changes to tree and jewels and managed to get a ton more life with might of the meek jewels currently at 11.7k with 420k rf dps Thanks for making rf scion work i had no idea how to do it myself
"
Made a few changes to tree and jewels and managed to get a ton more life with might of the meek jewels currently at 11.7k with 420k rf dps Thanks for making rf scion work i had no idea how to do it myself

Hi. Why you use in Helm Efficacy with Swift Affliction?
This 2 works only with Vaal RF uses. For RF in this setup work only Efficacy.
I think you can change Efficacy with Arcane Surge and increase damage RF with some decrease damage of Vaal RF. Or use Efficacy with 20% Inc AOE gem for radius of RF and few damage form quality.
Last edited by lainbh on Oct 24, 2018, 2:38:25 AM
"

Might of the Meek has been mentioned before - it's definitely a top-tier jewel but I just personally haven't bothered to pick one up yet. I'll probably pick one up soon enough and provide an alternative tree that uses it.

"
lainbh wrote:
Hi. Why you use in Helm Efficacy with Swift Affliction?
This 2 works only with Vaal RF uses. For RF in this setup work only Efficacy.
I think you can change Efficacy with Arcane Surge and increase damage RF with some decrease damage of Vaal RF. Or use Efficacy with 20% Inc AOE gem for radius of RF and few damage form quality.

Arcane Surge applies the Duration tag to RF, allowing Swift Affliction to affect its damage. Honestly, Efficacy + Inc AoE is just fine, too, if you prefer it.
Last edited by GovernorJebBush on Oct 24, 2018, 3:12:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info